i gotta get this outta my system...

lynnn17

Reaction score
lets see... I started losing my hair at around 10 or 11 years old...honestly this is so emotionally draining. So far I've used wigs which were really hot and annoying and the kids used to pull on it and say is that your real hair which i hated. Then I cut it short hoping that would help but people thought i was a boy... wow wut a boost the the good old self esteem. Crying became normal for a little while but theres no point in crying. Thinking about it brings up some emotions tho like when i read other people's stories i want to cry because i can see where their coming from. Then I went to the dermatologist and got that steriod stuff that goes on your scalp orally they had said that I was too young for the cortizone shots. I highlighted my hair blonde so that the bald spots would blend in and also the use of hair accessories. Thank god my mom's a hairstylist so i don't have to go to a stranger and allow them to know... i'm so glad i have such great parents it makes it a lil bit easier but it still feels like i'm alone on this. I used to pray everyday asking God to make it go away, asking God why. But i dont anymore. I'm 17 now i still hope with all my heart that my hair will grow back soon. So i can go swimming with my friends, have a sleepover without worrying that they'll find out, and stop hurting when i think about it. Although i know i shouldnt complain but i really dont have anyone to complain to so writing this out is really nice. I'm a big girl now, but still a few tears seem to escape me while time typing this. Since i'm older now i'm finally allowed to get the cortizone shot, i'm really hoping this works. i'm gona try out w/e i can find...

I HATE IT! I JUST WANT IT TO GO AWAY! IF NO ONE FINDS A CURE I'LL DO IT MYSELF! ...stupid alopecia...

I'm sorry, i had to let it out...