I Got My Hair Back, Thanks To Estradiol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchyrodent

Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg My hair loss problem has been solved! It took some experimentation, but I have found a workable cure for my failing follicles.

The search began in January. My hair was swiftly dying, and I was distraught. I tried minoxidil and reducing my dose of testosterone replacement. It didn't work. Then I went on finasteride. It didn't work either. Desperate to end this madness, I resorted to full MTF hrt--dutasteride, spironolactone and estradiol. This worked marvelously...until the side effects were worse than I expected. Brain fog. Cold all the time. Could not exercise without feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. And penile shrinkage. So I tried to dial back the meds and figure out the minimum necessary without the side effects.

It turns out what I needed was estradiol. Just estradiol. Not only has it regrown my hair, it has immunized it to the deleterious effects of testosterone replacement! I'm not sure that androgens were ever the problem, but rather, insufficient estradiol for the amount of testosterone in my bloodstream.

Since May, I've been on 6mgs of estradiol daily, and since June, I've added 50mgs of testosterone suspension daily. My hair has gotten thick and healthy on top, and continues to grow!

Pics are in chronological order since April.

EDIT: typo on estradiol dosage, it's 6mgs not 60.

Last edited:

IamZhea

Reaction score
Nice gains! I'm a NW2.5/3 with only loss in the temples/front. I'm also mtf transgender so I'm taking spironolactone, estradiol, finasteride. Hoping my temples come back. Strange you didn't need an anti-androgen.

How much breast development did you get?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
looks like an improvement and i am happy for you... but why doesn't anyone ever keep the same angle and hair style when taking before and afters. I can't conclude anything from these.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
probably shoulda stayed on dutasteride or finasteride + E...
I could guarantee that the results woulda been better.
AA = minimizes DHT
E = Kills T, which means it basically cleans up the remainder of DHT floating around
Result = Follicles are given a chance to breath & restore themselves

laungai1993

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have castrated for 10 weeks ,I am on dutasteride. 0.5mg every 3 days,cyproterone acetate 25mg every day.premarin 1.25mg a day.now i quitted minoxidil for 10 weeks after using it for 46 weeks.but i don`t know am i right quitting minoxidil because many people took a turn for the worse,though for the moment i just maintain the hairs i have got. i don`t know what will happen as time goes on.Are you still on minoxidil?could you give me some advice please?thanks!

laungai1993

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes,maybe my English is not good,so I caused misunderstanding,i had an orchiectomy 10 weeks ago.I had been on minoxidil for 46 weeks,and in my opinion,minoxidil is a medicine which will suppress the symptom without treating the condition. And the result is unstable by a long-term using of minoxidil, and it also has dependence. so i quitted it 10 weeks ago.I agree with your opinion: NO DHT = NO FUC*ING BALDNESS !!!So I want a suggestion that a person who did the same thing can tell me.

Last edited:

laungai1993

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh... thank you for reply. Yes, now I see. You could to write it in this way. You know, it's hard to believe and no have a lot of these cases. Sorry that I wrote ''bullshit''. I thought you want to say that taking CPA is a castration, like most people often judge, and it's wrong thinking.
Don't worry about your englisch, it's ok. Englisch isn't my native language also.
Yeah, DHT is ''dihydrotoxin'' for hair if someone is androgenetic balding.
I'm not castrated, I have a testicles. Also I don't use any meds to castration about which I said in previous post. I use strong anti-androgen (CPA), 5AR-inhibitors, estradiol in a small dose, and that's all.

I think you should to write your own topic (because there are no a lot of these cases like your, in almost all cases there are no such.), and to share your experiences.

Good Luck.
I am a 23 year-old male. In fact,I cut off the left one testicle six months ago by myself because I didn`t have enough money to pay for the surgery and my parents' thoughts are traditional. I bought surgical instruments, 0 1ml syringes,anesthetic( lidocaine hydrochloride),medical sterilizing things and antibiotics online. I finished it successfully in my sterilized room, I got a tetanus shot the 2nd day in hospital, and I received intravenous antibiotics for 5 days, I had my stitches removed 10 days after the surgery.As a matter of fact, I wanna cut off all of them, however,I wasted too much time on ligation of spermatic cord, so I had to stitch the wound before I could feel pain.When I did the 2nd time 10 weeks ago, I failed because of rupture of testicular venae. I stayed in hospital for 8 days when I started to quit minoxidil. Thanks for your advice,that`s my way to treat hairloss.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a 23 year-old male. In fact,I cut off the left one testicle six months ago by myself because I didn`t have enough money to pay for the surgery and my parents' thoughts are traditional. I bought surgical instruments 10 1ml syringes,anesthetic( lidocaine hydrochloride),medical sterilizing things and antibiotics online. I finished it successfully in my sterilized room, I got a tetanus shot the 2nd day in hospital, and I received intravenous antibiotics for 5 days, I had my stitches removed 10 days after the surgery.As a matter of fact, I wanna cut off all of them, however,I wasted too much time on ligation of spermatic cord, so I had to stitch the wound before I could feel pain.When I did the 2nd time 10 weeks ago, I failed because of rupture of testicular venae. I stayed in hospital for 8 days when I started to quit minoxidil. Thanks for your advice,that`s my way to treat hairloss.
You need mental help, that's an extreme form of self mutilation. Nobody should ever perform surgical castration on themselves, or any form of surgery for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

laungai1993

My Regimen
Reaction score
You need mental help, that's an extreme form of self mutilation. Nobody should ever perform surgical castration on themselves, or any form of surgery for that matter.
thanx for reply, you are correct, it is dangerous though i am a medical student. i have to see a psychiatrist every Monday if I want to continue my study because i did the 2nd time in the dorm of my school.i would not do anything like that.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Locking this thread as we're entering surgical territory that is well beyond our paygrade.
@laungai1993 please seek help if you haven't yet. What you are doing is incredibly dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.