I Got My First Hair System (before/after Pics)

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing.
Can I hide the fact that I wear hair piece from my future wife? I ve asked this before but I want to know more opinions.

How would you feel if she hid the fact that she was wearing a hair system?

But OK, putting aside the moralistic argument, it would be incredibly stressful and difficult for you to hide this from your wife. Sometimes it's hard to hide it from strangers! That's not a position you want to put yourself in.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How would you feel if she hid the fact that she was wearing a hair system?

But OK, putting aside the moralistic argument, it would be incredibly stressful and difficult for you to hide this from your wife. Sometimes it's hard to hide it from strangers! That's not a position you want to put yourself in.

People in my country won't take the fact that I wear a system lightly. I can't just say hey I wear a system even to my future life.

Hairconomist

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say those pics look bad, but am I the only one that thinks it’s easy to see it’s a hairpiece? I think it’s mostly because the color of the hair is slightly off.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say those pics look bad, but am I the only one that thinks it’s easy to see it’s a hairpiece? I think it’s mostly because the color of the hair is slightly off.
I think that’s a bit of confirmation bias. You know it’s a piece so you’re gonna find the faults in it. If those were pics posted in the main forum (full of insanely prestige Norwood spotters) and asked how the receding hairline looked, I guarantee no one would know it’s a system. They’d just think it’s a delusional guy with perfect hair.

SkepticMind

My Regimen
Reaction score

I beg to differ. When I first saw these pictures, it seemed to me as though the guy grew his hair back rather than put on a hair system, even though I knew it was a hair system. It was just that good. The color and texture seemed to blend in nicely with his crown hair, there might be a slight difference that perhaps someone with a sharp eye can detect but still looks close to realistic. The hairline looks normal to me. I have seen people with weird hairlines yet it's their 'real' hair, as in they did not put on any hair piece. This one however looks very genuine that no one would be able to tell unless you know.

Hairconomist

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, while I still personally think it looks artificial, especially around the parting on the side, I will admit the hairline by itself looks reasonable, which is what people tend to pay attention to the most. I will also admit I could very well be a victim of confirmation bias.

SamNeill1993

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I just got it done yesterday so it's been less than 24 hours. Definitely feels weird to see myself with a full head of hair after a year.
They mentioned it's a "ultra thin skin" system, and not a poly or lace.. Real human hair. No knots.
I have to get it replaced every month or two. Appointments every 2 weeks to remove, clean, cut, style, etc.
It was bonded with Ghost bond XL, no tape.

The lady mentioned the "lace" at the hairline is completely transparent, which it is under most lighting. But with certain lightings and angle you can see it. But its not detectable unless someone looks at at my hair really really close.

Before and after:
View attachment 103365 View attachment 103366

I have similarly thin hair on the sides of my head, although I had them cut the sides short about 2 weeks ago so I'm going to try and grow it out a little (is that retrograde alopecia or just short hair?) -- how does this affect wearing? does it mean that eventually I will have to move to a full cap if I start with a topper if it keeps thinning out? just how thin can my sides and still allow me to wear only a topper (I've heard that full caps look worse, especially for the shorter hair that I'm looking for)? and does anyone have any thoughts about how long it takes for the sides to thin out? someone said that it's generally a lot slower than on the top even if you have retrograde alopecia, is that true as a general matter? also, on that hair system, is the hair system hair longer and covering the sides? is that something you can do if you have thinner sides? or is it just that the "after" photo came after he grew out the sides a bit more?

Last edited:

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I just got it done yesterday so it's been less than 24 hours. Definitely feels weird to see myself with a full head of hair after a year.
They mentioned it's a "ultra thin skin" system, and not a poly or lace.. Real human hair. No knots.
I have to get it replaced every month or two. Appointments every 2 weeks to remove, clean, cut, style, etc.
It was bonded with Ghost bond XL, no tape.

The lady mentioned the "lace" at the hairline is completely transparent, which it is under most lighting. But with certain lightings and angle you can see it. But its not detectable unless someone looks at at my hair really really close.

Before and after:
View attachment 103365 View attachment 103366

Your new hair looks really good. Your posted is from 1.5 months ago. May I ask how often you take the system off ? From your before photo, it seem like you still have a lot of hair on top. Did you bond to your bio hair without shaving the top section?

Noah

Reaction score
I have similarly thin hair on the sides of my head, although I had them cut the sides short about 2 weeks ago so I'm going to try and grow it out a little (is that retrograde alopecia or just short hair?) -- how does this affect wearing? does it mean that eventually I will have to move to a full cap if I start with a topper if it keeps thinning out? just how thin can my sides and still allow me to wear only a topper (I've heard that full caps look worse, especially for the shorter hair that I'm looking for)? and does anyone have any thoughts about how long it takes for the sides to thin out? someone said that it's generally a lot slower than on the top even if you have retrograde alopecia, is that true as a general matter? also, on that hair system, is the hair system hair longer and covering the sides? is that something you can do if you have thinner sides? or is it just that the "after" photo came after he grew out the sides a bit more?

Hi Sam

If you're lucky you may never thin to the point where you have to switch to a full cap. Most guys don't. There are currently a lot of very fashionable haircuts where the sidehair is cropped almost to the skin, with thick hair on top, and these are great for a guy who wears a system but has thinning sides. I have switched to a cut like that as my sides have thinned, and it still looks good. So don't worry - there are workarounds.

evasive

Reaction score
Your new hair looks really good. Your posted is from 1.5 months ago. May I ask how often you take the system off ? From your before photo, it seem like you still have a lot of hair on top. Did you bond to your bio hair without shaving the top section?
I get it taken off every 2 weeks to get it cleaned.
No it doesn't bond to my bio hair. It gets trimmed to a 0, then its bonded to that.

I've changed my hairstyle so that the hairline looks more graduated and not a wall of hair. I brush my hair forward and lift it up, using pomade too.
zz.jpg

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it doesn't bond to my bio hair. It gets trimmed to a 0, then its bonded to that.

I've changed my hairstyle so that the hairline looks more graduated and not a wall of hair. I brush my hair forward and lift it up, using pomade too.
View attachment 107133

Now that's a hair system!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 107133

WOW... that looks really amazing!

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 107133

This looks amazing!

I am getting my new unit it today. I’ve ordered this one with light density, and a complete French lace base-not a hybrid lace/membrane. Get a more natural look. I’d love to see mine look like this!