I give it up

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
In last days and weeks, I have been seriously evaluating all aspects of fight with hairloss and current fight was causing me so much stress. Checking hair everyday in the mirror, reading articles, studies, materials, forums, thinking about it all the time, being depressed everytime when you noticed you have lost another hair in your hairline at temples. It is terrible thing and I must say it was consuming me. I was still talking about it with some friends, still thinking about it. I realized (as below) there is nothing that can help me and and not cause me any problems I am not able to accept, so I will probably let it be.

Of course that my words have no such value as words of someone who is NW4. I got in 10 months from teenage hair to lets say Norwood 1.5 or about, when hair is little bit diffused all over the head as it has been shedding for like 7 months and it stopped in last weeks. I had some problems and hormonal imbalance caused me this. When I first visited Doctor, my Testosterone was double as it should be as I had some stomach bacteria. So this is for those thinking about testosterone - yes if your Test is doubled, so is DHT probably and I have lost at temples about 1/2 inch of superthick hair to zero in three months. It slowed down after I cured that stomach thing and Testosterone got back. So I guess I kicked up my hairloss and speed it for few years in that period:)

I must say that diet I presented here helped somehow, I took lot of supplements but there is so many hassles with it that I am not able to handle it anymore. Even if it literally stops my hairloss for tens of years, I am not able to go this way - I feel like a freak when popping so many pills each meal and also be on diet was very hard as I am pretty slim and I have always been able to eat everything with having less than 3% of body fat. Btw. if you want to have absolutely 0 of acne and clearest skin off all, try to eliminate for 1-2 weeks: sugar, fried, pasta, white bread, junk food and refined. You will see difference and if not I give you money back, guaranteed. I have stopped diet anyway. I think that most helpful could be antioxidants (like green tea, plenty of it) and Omega 3, also lot of it. And avoiding refined, junk and sugars.

I am still considering taking Finasteride. Just to take it and slow down the proccess for some years. I have taken it in the summer but I think it was causing me some anxiety and depressions. However, it was very stressful period and it could be due to that. Fact is that I was not able to handle stress or any pressure and it were feelings I never experienced. I still have some Proscar, but after that I am little bit afraid of long term of use it. I am doing lot of things where I need my mind clear, where I must be able to handle stress and stay focused, like playing tennis or poker, my work and entire life. I also dont think that lower libido is no problem as your sex drive is what often drives you forward.

So, just popping finasteride is not so easy decision and I am not be very excited with potential sides.

I am just adding lithium + DMSO into my shampoo as it should ihibit some proteins that are signalled by DHT, it is just because it is easy to applicate (no hassles at all).

I have used Spectral DNC for about forth months. Despite it was period where there has been hormonal imbalance in my body, it seemed my hair got thicker in that time and finally stopped shedding. Mostly, it seemed that it almost stop any recession. I gave it up in summer, it has worsened little bit after that. So I can say it has worked, but as said not worth of such hassle. Its not only about 10-20 minutes in the morning and evening - you can not avoid thinking during this time about your hair, which is contraproductive. Not talking about fact that you will not be able to aply it when you are away or when you break up later or when you come home from party etc. No topicals except shampoo please. Btw. I have also used Tricomin but can not say if it worked. Perhaps yes. That is the only topical I would also even consider as it does not mess up your hair and is probably capable to delay hairloss process (not just hide like minoxidil does).

So yes there are many options that can help you but. I dont think there will be cure ever. Only cure is to change DNA or clonning. Hairloss seems so complicated and influenced by so many things (like cortisol when you are under heavy stress) which can not be treated for 100%. If you have slow or simply hairloss something from above (or others) could help you but you must decide all pros and cons.

If that thing with Lithium + DMSO in shampoo would work or if I finally decide to try finasteride and stay on it for some time and will see that it works, I will definitely get back there to let you know any positive info.

Life is really too short and noone is young forever, so I think that would be mistake to spend next years in fear and with depression from losing hair as these could be best year of my life - I am at age (24) where I can take completely care of myself but still very young with no responsibility to someone and I want to enjoy it as much as I want. It simply happened, DNA is DNA and it is there. You could be lucky and it can be slow, finasteride or even Nizoral can help you to keep it but you are not in control, so worrying about it would just not make you happier.

I was asking this question many times - if you do everything about hairloss (trying many products in few years, spending thousands of hours at HairLossTalk.com etc.) and finally stop it, would you be happy? I dont, because if I spend all my efforts and energy. Btw. about girls, I have never seen nice and fine girl with guy who has full head of hair but who is spending all his afforts to such hair:) If you care too much about one thing, you can not involve in another. Thats why bodybuliders are not usually considered as genius :) - if you spend 1/2 time at gym, how much time left for other things? Same with hairloss.

Good luck to everyone here, I dont wish you full heads of hair, rather I wish you to be as much happy in your lives as you can :)
Tomas

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
For Taugh: And yes, with hair you can be most beautiful person and when you lose it become most ugliest in the world (which is not likely to happen:), but it simply happened and can not be changed so you can 1) think about it for the rest of your life and then die or 2) you can do what you like and involve in it (except being supermodel, which is also not very likely I guess - apologize to those super models that lost their jobs due to hairloss:) and then die. In case you choose number one my advice is to die right away which seems more reasonable in such situation.

:)

Best wishes,
T

tonyunhawk

Reaction score
This is one of the best posts I've ever read. I think you don't give up but
you've had enough of all the battling.

The problem is like you mentioned that it is all genetical and right at the moment there isn't
something out there which really knocks off all the $#It. (Ok you can kill your hair loss if you're
fine with some additional boobs and a lifetime impotence)
We have to live with compromises. What I think is that when Jude Law, Nick Cage, Willis and so on
couldn't find something against it (and they really can afford the best physicians and hair surgeons)
there is a small hope that we will.

I've exactly the same problems like you do I spent the last 3 years with searching and asking
(and learned a lot) but now I'm feeling like an undead, walking into the dusk.

Too many supplements can become life killers....

But anyway I think with a normal everyday routine you'll be fine.

Good luck, mate.

G

Yeah it would be so easy to not just care about hairloss like many men do (who shave their heads). I've been trying to accept this for 1.5 years but it is hard... I think I've progressed anyways and I'm not panicked about it like I used to be. Now I got this cunning plan to concentrate mainly on getting a good physique and finishing my studies. These objectives should keep me busy until next summer.

G

Newbaldy84 said:
I hate quitters!
You will never succed in life with that attitude bro....

It's f*****g hairloss controlled by your genetics, the current meds don't help everyone and if they don't work for you it's easier to accept it than desperately trying to grow a few strands. It's not quitting you weirdo, it's moving on.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
damn excellent write up

from the way you wrote, I am sure you will be very sucessful with your life.

I have similar experience, I was in a MAJOR depression, and my T level was doubled...it was the period I lost half of my hair density within 3 months. When the T level was fixed, hair loss stopped but I never gotten the original density back. I think finasteride and minoxidil are just helping me hold on to what I have to. I am just using them to buy some time.

alexandros

Reaction score
I think you can still do something about it - I think that the boards have shown that you can do enough to keep a respectable amount for a longer amount of time. I want to try and keep mine until I am a bit older... I accept I probably won't keep it all for the rest of my life, but it is hard.

Look around though - how many guys have perfect heads of hair? Not many. Only the few and the lucky. Yet most people don't even notice people are losing their hair unless they are truly bald ... as in, barely anything on top! For example, I notice guys with thin/thinning hair, can spot NWx, but my girlfriend goes "whaaa... you are CRAZY!" but she knows nothing of it. It's just us here with our paranoia. Of course full hair can do a lot, but so can some hair... that's the way I look at it.

The fight can never be won but then again we will never win the fight against death (I am in no way saying they are equal matters of course!). Prolonging hair can be seen in the same way. Keeping it for a longer amount of time is in itself a won battle.

alexandros

Reaction score
Though however I do see that for some people it's not worth it for the feeble results it can give.... *sigh*.... genetics!

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
Newbaldy84 said:
I hate quitters!
You will never succed in life with that attitude bro....

Sorry, but this is really funny. What will you tell your children, if you have any? Never give up John, like me, I am fighting with my hairloss for last 20 years, every single day, and you can see I am getting some results!

:)

So if you realize that it is not possible, you will still try to regrowth all your life? It is REAL QUESTION AND REAL SITUATION - YOU ARE YOUNG AND YOU ARE SPENDING YEARS ON KEEPING OR REGROWING HAIR.

So if you have no sides from Propecia and it keeps your hair as it is - wow, it is great and you can forget about it. However, this does not happen to everyone. Trying treatment after treatment for years - just see people in forums - "I am fighting hair loss for 5 years, tried xxx, tried yyyy, slowed down but not stopped, now I am going to try aaaa and will inform you about results in next 6 months".

Such a beautiful life, indeed.

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
alexandros said:
I think you can still do something about it - I think that the boards have shown that you can do enough to keep a respectable amount for a longer amount of time. I want to try and keep mine until I am a bit older... I accept I probably won't keep it all for the rest of my life, but it is hard.

Look around though - how many guys have perfect heads of hair? Not many. Only the few and the lucky. Yet most people don't even notice people are losing their hair unless they are truly bald ... as in, barely anything on top! For example, I notice guys with thin/thinning hair, can spot NWx, but my girlfriend goes "whaaa... you are CRAZY!" but she knows nothing of it. It's just us here with our paranoia. Of course full hair can do a lot, but so can some hair... that's the way I look at it.

The fight can never be won but then again we will never win the fight against death (I am in no way saying they are equal matters of course!). Prolonging hair can be seen in the same way. Keeping it for a longer amount of time is in itself a won battle.

Yes, if you are satisfied that you are doing something for it (some are doing lot for it) and result you get is slowing down your hairloss than ok for you. For me it is real success, that would be keeping it completely which is not likely.

And yes if you are well dressed and have good haircut it is fine even with some NWx. Just paranoia here, I see lot of balding guys and no one pay attention to that, perhaps some b*tches only. People will not notice anything probably unless you are NW5 in your 21, which not many users of HairLossTalk.com are.

Comrade

Reaction score
tomas99, these are words of a Man! Respect

G

RaginDemon said:
damn excellent write up

from the way you wrote, I am sure you will be very sucessful with your life.

I have similar experience, I was in a MAJOR depression, and my T level was doubled...it was the period I lost half of my hair density within 3 months. When the T level was fixed, hair loss stopped but I never gotten the original density back. I think finasteride and minoxidil are just helping me hold on to what I have to. I am just using them to buy some time.

Depression causes testosterone to decrease, not increase. :roll:

Question though. Lets say you tried to fight hairloss by eating less meat and you triggered thinning. Could this just be a diet thing or is this person permanently thin?

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Good for you Tomas. But if hairloss really bothers you that much why not get a hair system?

G

mulder said:
Good for you Tomas. But if hairloss really bothers you that much why not get a hair system?

Yeah, cause wigs are cool! You won't be hearing much of it if someone spots it...

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
mulder said:

I still have solid amount of hair like Norwood 1.5 however I have lost density and hair at front in very quick time. It slowed down pretty much but not stopped. I dont need a wig right now:) but I would never use it anyway cause it simply tells something about use. I think it is funny if man is wearing wig. It is the real reason that can be causing jokes about you, not baldness.