I found something that cleared up my seborrheic dermatitis!!

kuros456

Reaction score
I'm not sure how relevent this is for a hairloss forum, but after reading quite a few posts where people have SD, I figured I'd let everyone in on the good news.

It's called PromiSeb (see what they did there?) and it cleared up my entire face in about 2 weeks!! Before that I was on Xolegel (ketoconazole), and that was OK, but I was still getting flakes and stuff so I went back to my derm and she gave me this stuff. I guess PromiSeb is pretty new, so my derm gave me a bunch of free samples, so ask for those if you go because I still haven't looked in to how much it costs.

I honestly can't get over how good it's working so if you have SD, check it out

bezerra

Established Member
Reaction score
That's probably because of the use of Piroctane Olamine. You can find it in shampoo's either. Some studies says that it's even better than Keto.

kuros456

Reaction score
I def. agree it's better than keto. Kind of makes you think if it would have any positive impact on hairloss the way keto does.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks for the tip! i've suffered from sd since i was about 14 and i'm almost 25 now :(.

do you know how user friendly it is in terms of using it on the scalp?

A1e

Reaction score
thanks for the tip i have mild SD around my nose and on my nose which make it seem even bigger, i am going to try it just one little question: does it cure SD or one should continue using it? also how often do you use it? Thanks

also for the last couple days i've been applying a little bit nizoral 2% on my face and it hase made a dramatic change like less reddness and generally less inflamation.

kuros456

Reaction score
abovedagame said:
thanks for the tip! i've suffered from sd since i was about 14 and i'm almost 25 now :(.

do you know how user friendly it is in terms of using it on the scalp?

Same here, I'll be 25 in 2 weeks. I'm not really sure about how it works on the scalp, and it would be pretty messy since it's a cream. Hopefully sooner or later, they'll come out with a shampoo, but until then I'm sticking to Nizoral.

A1e said:
thanks for the tip i have mild SD around my nose and on my nose which make it seem even bigger, i am going to try it just one little question: does it cure SD or one should continue using it? also how often do you use it? Thanks

also for the last couple days i've been applying a little bit nizoral 2% on my face and it hase made a dramatic change like less reddness and generally less inflamation.

I had it pretty bad around my nose, my eyebrows, and in my ears, and they all cleared up pretty good. There's no such thing as a "cure" for SD, but this is the most effective treatment I've come across. My skin is still a tiny bit pinkish in the affected ares, but it's such a drastic improvement it doesn't even bother me. I put it on 2x a day, but you can miss doses; it's not a big deal like some others medications.