I FOUND OUT WHO MAKES KIRKLAND!!!

Reaction score
GUYS CHECK THIS OUT

http://www.minoxidilshop.com/whomakgenmin.html

Did you ever wonder who makes the generic minoxidil. We did too. For years we hear rumors that it was made in the same plant in Kalamazoo, Michigan as Rogaine.

We suspected that this was the case when our shipments were arriving by truck from the Kalamazoo area. Recently, our hunch was verified when the Kirkland brand 5% Minoxidil began arriving in cases with "Distributed by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare" on them. We were so excited that we took a picture of the cases.

It makes financial sense that when a product becomes available as a generic formula that the original manufacturer would offer a generic version. Selling more product would help them decrease their unit cost using economy of scale. This would allow them to make more money on the name brand product.

It still seems a little strange that Rogaine and the Generic Equivalent would be made by the same company. I guess a picture is worth a thousand words.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
If it's true great...Too bad this didn't come from somebody who wasn't selling the product....It wouldn't sound so much like a sales pitch then. I can't help it I was in sales for several years and know all the tactics and lies used to sell a product. It has made me such a cynic. :(

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I never really doubted this.. but its good to get it confirmed.

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry I havent been around in awhile guys.

Anyway, this is the first post I saw and I have to say

TOLD YA SO!

It has been obvious to me for 2 years since i started this battle that Kirkland was made by Pfizer since the bottles, lot numbers etc.. were identicle to Rogaine. However, you always had the "anti-generic" militants that claim REAL Rogaine was "superior" :roll:

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hah, I do have a distinct recollection that it was you, Vortex, who first told me about this.

Hope alls going well with you man.

bombscience

Reaction score
VoRteX said:
Sorry I havent been around in awhile guys.

Anyway, this is the first post I saw and I have to say

TOLD YA SO!

It has been obvious to me for 2 years since i started this battle that Kirkland was made by Pfizer since the bottles, lot numbers etc.. were identicle to Rogaine. However, you always had the "anti-generic" militants that claim REAL Rogaine was "superior" :roll:

what up dude. how goes it?

yello911

Established Member
Reaction score
Side Show Bob said:
Good work. Now maybe someone can figure out why Kirkland brand is greasier than the others.

Easy, the different label messes with your brain. :p

Ken Z