I Feel Like I'm Losing Grounds On 1.5 Mg Dutasteride Daily

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on dutasteride for which will be 3 years this December. I've started it after using finasteride for couple months after reading that it's better at keeping your hair. While on it I got regrowth on my temples where I got back to very close to my baseline in 2k17 summer where I used 2mg everyday for like a month or two. I noticed peach fuzz at first but they quickly turned into thick strong hairs and all over my head thickened up. Sad news is I couldn't keep that amazing regrowth due to going back to university for semester I dropped the dosage to 1.5mg. I'm maintaining still and don't have those big sheds anymore that completely destroys my hair every year for 3 months but I wonder why I'm not getting any regrowth.

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on dutasteride 10 months dude My top and temple right side of the head has not thickened up yet... When did your hair totally thickened up after a shed???

Since I started this drug avodart for the last 10 months I have realized I haven't seen a dream in my sleep I cannot fall asleep 100% it is not deep as before

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is literally no point in using that much dutasteride. It has a very long half life so using 2mg a day is equally as effective as 0.5mg daily. Both inhibit almost all DHT. If you have super aggressive balding then it may be your T levels that are causing your balding to progress.

jazz1

Reaction score
You use any topical ketaconazole shampoo? Derma roller? Hair oils? Minoxidil 15%?

To get re-growth your topical regime must also be strong......

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro I remember I had the nastiest shed during may-june it was terrible. I didnt want to stand under sun because how bad it looked but during july towards early august it got insanely thick like I was back in high school times. It was like magic and I was happy as f**k but they shedded away for some reason. I'm grateful still because of maintenance I'm stayin Norwood 2.5.
I am on dutasteride 10 months dude My top and temple right side of the head has not thickened up yet... When did your hair totally thickened up after a shed???

Since I started this drug avodart for the last 10 months I have realized I haven't seen a dream in my sleep I cannot fall asleep 100% it is not deep as before

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea I use nizoral everyday and let it stay on hair for 2-3 minutes but I dont put too much.

You use any topical ketaconazole shampoo? Derma roller? Hair oils? Minoxidil 15%?

To get re-growth your topical regime must also be strong......

jazz1

Reaction score
What about trying RU58841?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.5mg dutasteride removes an essentially identical amount of DHT from 5ar type 2 as 0.5mg dutasteride does, which is practically 100% of this DHT. The only difference is that 1.5mg dutasteride removes significantly more DHT from 5ar type 1 than 0.5mg does. The primary contributing factor towards male pattern baldness is the DHT from 5ar type 2. The DHT from type 1 appears to play little to no role in male pattern baldness, and this DHT has also been found to be present in the brain tissue in measurable amounts. So it is best to try not to touch the type 1 DHT. Seeing as 1.5mg dutasteride removes significantly more of this DHT than 0.5mg does, while both doses remove an equal amount of the DHT from type 2, I don't see any advantages to using 1.5mg dutasteride over using 0.5mg. The higher dose will have a greater risk of side-effects due to the increased 5ar type 1 inhibition (and of course will also burn a much bigger hole in your wallet), while providing virtually no extra hair gains.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.5mg dutasteride removes an essentially identical amount of DHT from 5ar type 2 as 0.5mg dutasteride does, which is practically 100% of this DHT. The only difference is that 1.5mg dutasteride removes significantly more DHT from 5ar type 1 than 0.5mg does. The primary contributing factor towards male pattern baldness is the DHT from 5ar type 2. The DHT from type 1 appears to play little to no role in male pattern baldness, and this DHT has also been found to be present in the brain tissue in measurable amounts. So it is best to try not to touch the type 1 DHT. Seeing as 1.5mg dutasteride removes significantly more of this DHT than 0.5mg does, while both doses remove an equal amount of the DHT from type 2, I don't see any advantages to using 1.5mg dutasteride over using 0.5mg. The higher dose will have a greater risk of side-effects due to the increased 5ar type 1 inhibition (and of course will also burn a much bigger hole in your wallet), while providing virtually no extra hair gains.
That is not entirely true. In my experience, dutasteride 2.5 mg is superior to 0.5 mg. But mental side effects at real at such a high dose. I am trying to reduce my doses, but I don't know how to do it.

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's too much Dutasteride. Way too much. Dutas should only be used 2-3 times a week, 0.5 mg should be enough each time.

Antiandrogens don't work the same for everyone, but they are the best tool we have to fight Androgenetic Alopecia. Keep on it and combine it with Minoxidil if you want. Get some vitamin suplements for you hair as well, and ask your dermathologist for the best shampoo for your kind of hair. Those 4 should be more than enough.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is not entirely true. In my experience, dutasteride 2.5 mg is superior to 0.5 mg. But mental side effects at real at such a high dose. I am trying to reduce my doses, but I don't know how to do it.
Yes, mental sides are definitely a significantly greater risk when using these higher doses of dutasteride, due to the increased inhibition of 5ar type 1 which has been proven to be present in the brain tissue. In my opinion, there isn't anything to gain by a person using a dutasteride dose any higher than 0.5mg, because side-effects will be worse at these higher doses, and I don't personally believe that there will be any greater improvement in hair gains, for reasons I explained in my above post. In the Glaxo phase 2 trial, 2.5mg of dutasteride was not actually superior to 0.5mg in terms of growing hair. Hair counts just peaked sooner at the higher dose, because it built up in the system more quickly. After six months of treatment, the mean hair count compared to baseline was 109.6 for 2.5mg, while it was 94.6 for 0.5mg. However, hair counts peaked earlier, and levelled off earlier, at the higher dose, as shown by the mean hair counts after three months in the same study (99.9 for 2.5mg, 71.3 for 0.5mg). The increase in hair counts between 3 months and 6 months was much greater for 0.5mg than for 2.5mg. Based upon this, it can be assumed that if the study had gone on longer than six months, the difference in mean hair counts relative to baseline between the two doses would have continued to get even smaller until there would be virtually no difference.

Last edited:

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, mental sides are definitely a significantly greater risk when using these higher doses of dutasteride, due to the increased inhibition of 5ar type 1 which has been proven to be present in the brain tissue. In my opinion, there isn't anything to gain by a person using a dutasteride dose any higher than 0.5mg, because side-effects will be worse at these higher doses, and I don't personally believe that there will be any greater improvement in hair gains, for reasons I explained in my above post. In the Glaxo phase 2 trial, 2.5mg of dutasteride was not actually superior to 0.5mg in terms of growing hair. Hair counts just peaked sooner at the higher dose, because it built up in the system more quickly. After six months of treatment, the mean hair count compared to baseline was 109.8 for 2.5mg, while it was 95.5 for 0.5mg. However, hair counts peaked earlier, and levelled off earlier, at the higher dose, as shown by the mean hair counts after three months in the same study (100.4 for 2.5mg, 71.9 for 0.5mg). The increase in hair counts between 3 months and 6 months was much greater for 0.5mg than for 2.5mg. Based upon this, it can be assumed that if the study had gone on longer than six months, the difference in mean hair counts relative to baseline between the two doses would have continued to get even smaller until there would be virtually no difference.
I don't know bro But All I know is I have no semen left in my balls when I ejaculate I cannot feel my orgasm and there's no ejaculation semen volume.That means I am tired all the time.

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. But the main thing is that makes me question the effectiveness is that I have no sides at all. If I had brain fog I wouldve known it by now since I've been using it since 2017 2nd year of college and finished law school this year. If it affected the learning ability or memory I wouldve known it by now. Other than that my drive is esentially the same and better in a way. Before I started I was crazy horny man and after some point it gets annoying. That was the one thing I'm happy that it reduced in a way I dont know if its placebo or not but hey I'm grateful. Other than that my body hair and body regrowth rate reduced like close to half. I dont mind since I'm on the hairier side and girls like a silky smooth body these days (R.I.P Burt Reynolds). That's pretty much it I'm grateful to maintain Norwood 2.5 and i keep long hair on top so It looks ok and I can style it.

I don't know bro But All I know is I have no semen left in my balls when I ejaculate I cannot feel my orgasm and there's no ejaculation semen volume.That means I am tired all the time.

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. But the main thing is that makes me question the effectiveness is that I have no sides at all. If I had brain fog I wouldve known it by now since I've been using it since 2017 2nd year of college and finished law school this year. If it affected the learning ability or memory I wouldve known it by now. Other than that my drive is esentially the same and better in a way. Before I started I was crazy horny man and after some point it gets annoying. That was the one thing I'm happy that it reduced in a way I dont know if its placebo or not but hey I'm grateful. Other than that my body hair and body regrowth rate reduced like close to half. I dont mind since I'm on the hairier side and girls like a silky smooth body these days (R.I.P Burt Reynolds). That's pretty much it I'm grateful to maintain Norwood 2.5 and i keep long hair on top so It looks ok and I can style it.
Are you really telling the truth bro? the moment I wake up which is now.I feel like kinda nothing is real For the last 20 days I ceased my avodart take to zero and it was starting to go I felt like it I don't know if it was placebo.Now it has been 4 days since And I am experiencing the sides again I feel like.....

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea man I was paranoid at first. I started with the saw palmetto supplements like 2015 I believe then 2016 december i hopped on finasteride and used it for 4 months then I heard about avodart and been using it ever since. At first, just like finasteride it gave me ball ache for like a week and I was about to quit but after I read some posts that it would eventually go away and kept at it. I got no sexual sides bro besides that I am not as horny as I used to, which is a plus imo because I can be whenever I like and it doesnt annoy me all day. I have no regrowth right now just maintaining but still I'm grateful to even know that it will at least maintain it.

Are you really telling the truth bro? the moment I wake up which is now.I feel like kinda nothing is real For the last 20 days I ceased my avodart take to zero and it was starting to go I felt like it I don't know if it was placebo.Now it has been 4 days since And I am experiencing the sides again I feel like.....

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea man I was paranoid at first. I started with the saw palmetto supplements like 2015 I believe then 2016 december i hopped on finasteride and used it for 4 months then I heard about avodart and been using it ever since. At first, just like finasteride it gave me ball ache for like a week and I was about to quit but after I read some posts that it would eventually go away and kept at it. I got no sexual sides bro besides that I am not as horny as I used to, which is a plus imo because I can be whenever I like and it doesnt annoy me all day. I have no regrowth right now just maintaining but still I'm grateful to even know that it will at least maintain it.
Even it does give me sexual sides which it does My orgasms are totally gone.I don't feel anything while orgasming.I feel like it takes away my excitement.Because it blocks neurosteroids in the brain and I feel like this drug is causing this side effect to occur.

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
then quit taking it bro no one is forcing you to take it. you can try finasteride which is still good for maintaining hair. dutasteride is not margianlly better than finasteride its just slightly better. There are couple people on this forum that got insane regrowth and success on finasteride. check a guy named Koseu google it koseu hairlosstalk and it will pop up.

Even it does give me sexual sides which it does My orgasms are totally gone.I don't feel anything while orgasming.I feel like it takes away my excitement.Because it blocks neurosteroids in the brain and I feel like this drug is causing this side effect to occur.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Add topical antiandrogen ( CB preferably, or RU ).

1.5mm is just slightly more powerful than 0.5mm/day ( ~ 5% lower DHT ).

Dutasteride works much better than finasteride, especially when you take aggregation of marginal gains into account. 20% more hair is a lot to me.

I haven't seen the case when finasteride would work better.