I feel like giving up on hair systems! Look at this shed!

bennyboyca

My Regimen
Reaction score
So in late December I went to a local barber that supplies an fits hair systems, after having a system previously that wasn’t great, this guy assured me that if I was to have one from him, it would be far superior and last 12 months. As the guy is old school and seemed really honest and legit, I went with it. I paid about £580 and was assured it wouldn’t she’d like my previous system. He told me to wash and condition it once a week. I have a silk pillowcase and brush it, I don’t use styling products.

here is a picture, this is how much hair comes out each time I wash/ condition it and then brush it carefully.... I also use a spray in conditioner that’s meant to help with knots and tangles but as you can see, it doesn’t, no matter what I do, it knots like mad even when I just touch it!

my girlfriend asked me tonight why I bother and says that I look good without which is nice but I prefer myself with hair..

The system is human hair, lace middle and poly front back and sides, can you tell me, is this normal? And is there a better alternative system/ brand/ retailer that you can recommend that I won’t get these issues with?

Attachments

• 5B0376D9-FAB0-4F16-9C08-023AE2DC4469.jpeg
    5B0376D9-FAB0-4F16-9C08-023AE2DC4469.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 151

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So in late December I went to a local barber that supplies an fits hair systems, after having a system previously that wasn’t great, this guy assured me that if I was to have one from him, it would be far superior and last 12 months. As the guy is old school and seemed really honest and legit, I went with it. I paid about £580 and was assured it wouldn’t she’d like my previous system. He told me to wash and condition it once a week. I have a silk pillowcase and brush it, I don’t use styling products.

here is a picture, this is how much hair comes out each time I wash/ condition it and then brush it carefully.... I also use a spray in conditioner that’s meant to help with knots and tangles but as you can see, it doesn’t, no matter what I do, it knots like mad even when I just touch it!

my girlfriend asked me tonight why I bother and says that I look good without which is nice but I prefer myself with hair..

The system is human hair, lace middle and poly front back and sides, can you tell me, is this normal? And is there a better alternative system/ brand/ retailer that you can recommend that I won’t get these issues with?

I would like to ask, how are you washing it with shampoo? You should be washing it like in this video:

My guess is that the shedding is caused by you washing it too vigorously - you cannot wash a hair system like normal hair by rubbing the shampoo vigorously into the hair, or it will shed faster. Also, keep the conditioner away from the base and knots, as it can loosen them.

Are you also using a spray in conditioner every day too? That's recommended to keep the system in good condition and avoid tangles. Also, when brushing, you must brush a hair system very gently. You cannot brush with harshly or with too much pressure like you can with bio hair, or you'll cause shedding.

If you're already doing all the above and it's still shedding, then it's a low quality system and you need to change suppliers.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should be using a Tangle Teaser, that is the wrong brush. You should not be brushing it when wet. I NEVER wash a system on my head (or a client's head), only in a basin with tepid water, no rubbing or scrubbing.

bennyboyca

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to ask, how are you washing it with shampoo? You should be washing it like in this video:

My guess is that the shedding is caused by you washing it too vigorously - you cannot wash a hair system like normal hair by rubbing the shampoo vigorously into the hair, or it will shed faster. Also, keep the conditioner away from the base and knots, as it can loosen them.

Are you also using a spray in conditioner every day too? That's recommended to keep the system in good condition and avoid tangles. Also, when brushing, you must brush a hair system very gently. You cannot brush with harshly or with too much pressure like you can with bio hair, or you'll cause shedding.

If you're already doing all the above and it's still shedding, then it's a low quality system and you need to change suppliers.
Yes I’m already doing all the above, last night I washed and conditioned it and even sprayed spray on conditioner onto it and now, it’s as dry as hell to the touch

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I’m already doing all the above, last night I washed and conditioned it and even sprayed spray on conditioner onto it and now, it’s as dry as hell to the touch
Potentially using too much product. Especially the conditioner, it can build up on the hair.

bennyboyca

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should be using a Tangle Teaser, that is the wrong brush. You should not be brushing it when wet. I NEVER wash a system on my head (or a client's head), only in a basin with tepid water, no rubbing or scrubbing.
Thank you, why don’t you brush it while it’s wet? Can you recommend a hair system that won’t knot and she’d like mine is? I’m in the UK

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you, why don’t you brush it while it’s wet? Can you recommend a hair system that won’t knot and she’d like mine is? I’m in the UK

Because the wet hair can stick to the bristles of the brush, and the knots are potentially looser.

I will PM you.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try using argan oil too. I find it's better for the health of the hair, though admittedly it might not be as good as leave-in conditioner for styling purposes. Also, of course, don't put it on the knots.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try using argan oil too. I find it's better for the health of the hair, though admittedly it might not be as good as leave-in conditioner for styling purposes. Also, of course, don't put it on the knots.
It's great stuff, but can darken the hair... so don't overdo it.