I feel great!!!

G

thylax said:
JayMan said:
thylax said:
mayb maybe not. we will see in a few months. On the other hand the cases that he showed me were pretty impressive.

did you meet anyone in person? if all you did was look at his custom pics you did yourself a great disservice. i'd especially want to see real examples from someone like a Greek surgeon who probably has way lower skills than an American/Canadian/UK one.

You don't seem to like us very much. I told you there are good and bad Greek surgeons and I will evaluate my situation in a few months. By the way, WE DISCOVERED the science that is called medicine, so be more gentle please. :lol:

yeah and it hasn't changed since ancient times for you guys. :)

haha jk

G

Thylax,

Most of the follicles within the transplanted grafts enter telogen and shed. They generally rest for three months and then enter the anagen (growth) phase. It will take up to 12-14 months to reach full maturation from your procedure. Did you do strip or FUE. Dr. Zontos who was formerly with DHI does pretty good FUE work. I wish you the best on your results and keep us in the loop! :hairy:

G

Guys,

Taking finasteride whether one is taking Propecia or cutting Proscar, can cause some significant shedding because the active ingredient has begun effective inhibition of DHT, and many of the follicles can enter telogen as they respond to the med. The shedding should not last beyond 3-4 months, 6 months tops. If it goes beyond that, it's something else. I have always encouraged the docs to inform patients of this potential shedding as they respond to finasteride because it can freak us out when it occurs. I have guys tell me from time to time taht they discontinued Propecia because of the sudden shedding when they probably should remain on it for at least one year. Remember, once the hair follicle enters telogen, it will rest and enter the growth phase again.

In addition, the younger guys can experience telogen effluvium which is an abnormal loss of hair due to the alteration of the normal hair cycle. This can occur in guys who are not even taking any hairloss meds and are still in their teens through young twenties.

Initial application of minoxidil can also promote some momentary shedding, again due to the disruption in the hair cycles. :roll:

G

taugenichts,

I know you probably don't want to hear this but try and bear with me for a moment.

If you have had that degree of shedding starting at 16, and you can see your scalp already at your young age, THE WORST DECISION YOU COULD POSSIBLY MAKE IS TO GET A hair transplant!!!

WHY? male pattern baldness that begins to manifest at such a young age always, and I repeat always implies advanced hairloss later as the years go by. Many progress to class 7 by mid-age. And some of those men experience donor zone thinning which just underscores why you don't want to start surgery.

I have yet to meet a patient who experiences male pattern baldness in their teens that does not end up a Norwood 7 "and" they have advanced hairloss classes in their family histories and in many instances, on both maternal and paternal sides.

Listen to this. An extremely high percent of guys who expereinced male pattern baldness in their teens, and yet still started doing hair transplants as real young men have ended up regretting it. Many end up with hairlines started too low and then end up chasing their hairloss with more and more and more surgery and then guess what? THEY RUN OUT OF DONOR!

You read about some of these patients now pursuing BHTs. Read some of their testimonies very carefully.

Stay on the meds and I wish you the best with them. Hopefully you'll be able to hang onto your hair for as long as you can.

G

gillenator said:
I have yet to meet a patient who experiences male pattern baldness in their teens that does not end up a Norwood 7 "and" they have advanced hairloss classes in their family histories and in many instances, on both maternal and paternal sides.

gillenator,

can you stick to hair transplant advice instead of predictions? this is a terrible prediction. not all of these guys end up norwood 7. some only end up norwood 5. AND THOSE THAT GET ON MEDS will not even come close to reaching the Norwood that they would have reached otherwise, ESPECIALLY if they get on dutasteride.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
quote from SAF:

Boru, Transplanted grafts will still grow wether you are on meds or not. as the new hairs are the type that are resiliant to DHT the only worry is thgat you could lose the rest and end up with nothing but a transplanted hairline.[/quote]

HMMM I dont agree SAF. DOnor hair that is transplanted can undergo miniaturization over time also. Didnt you ever see older men with thinned out donors? It happens.

G

LookingGood! said:
HMMM I dont agree SAF. DOnor hair that is transplanted can undergo miniaturization over time also. Didnt you ever see older men with thinned out donors? It happens.

LG,

this can happen but is incredibly unlikely for the already 80% DHT resistant donor hair to thin out in old age if they are on drugs like finasteride or dutasteride. this drug can stop non-donor loss for decades so they are excellent at making 80% DHT resistant donor hair even more resistant, like 95-100%.

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
thylax said:
JayMan said:
thylax said:
mayb maybe not. we will see in a few months. On the other hand the cases that he showed me were pretty impressive.

did you meet anyone in person? if all you did was look at his custom pics you did yourself a great disservice. i'd especially want to see real examples from someone like a Greek surgeon who probably has way lower skills than an American/Canadian/UK one.

You don't seem to like us very much. I told you there are good and bad Greek surgeons and I will evaluate my situation in a few months. By the way, WE DISCOVERED the science that is called medicine, so be more gentle please. :lol:

yeah and it hasn't changed since ancient times for you guys. :)

haha jk

Maybe, but when the Greeks were perfoming surgeries back to 1000 BC, your country's ancestors were eating each other and living on trees :)

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No matter who discovered medicine, Greece has many good hair transplant doctors. They just dont have the fame and promotion like Armanis doctors. My uncle had a hair transplant here in Greece and had excelent results. It also did not cost him a fortune. He had a strip surgery and although the donor area is always very short you cannot detect any scar.

Anyway thylax, i think you are going to have great results. I hope you get back your lost confidence. Cheers everyone i am a bit hammered atm!

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
GILLENATOR has a good point. chances are, if you are experiencing male pattern baldness in your teens, the rest will follow so if you get the transplant to early, you'll just be chassing your baldness with a lifetime of transplants. hopefully the meds will help you maintain until technology cathes up with hairloss and scientist figure out how to grow a full head of hair.

Tacneics, how about your father and grandfather? what level are they at?

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sphlanx2006 said:
No matter who discovered medicine, Greece has many good hair transplant doctors. They just dont have the fame and promotion like Armanis doctors. My uncle had a hair transplant here in Greece and had excelent results. It also did not cost him a fortune. He had a strip surgery and although the donor area is always very short you cannot detect any scar.

Anyway thylax, i think you are going to have great results. I hope you get back your lost confidence. Cheers everyone i am a bit hammered atm!

My scar is about 1mm wide. I cannot detect it even myself using 2 mirrors under heavy bathroom light.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's clearly far too early to get over excited but good luck.

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
actual, the first few days are pretty exciting because you can actually see the transformation that has taken place. i found that it's gets tougher after the scabs fall off and you can't see any traces of the hair transplant. then, after a few months, the little dudes start to sprout and it becomes a new reality. a reality that soon, you will have hair again! WOW! what a good feeling that is.

s.a.f

Reaction score
You've got to wait until you see what the density turns out like.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
LookingGood! said:

LG,

this can happen but is incredibly unlikely for the already 80% DHT resistant donor hair to thin out in old age if they are on drugs like finasteride or dutasteride. this drug can stop non-donor loss for decades so they are excellent at making 80% DHT resistant donor hair even more resistant, like 95-100%.

I agree but that is if we are on the drugs. The thing is no one has been on these drugs for decades so we have to wait and see if we can tolerate it or if they become dose dependent and our bodies accommodate to them.