I feel great!!!

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had my hair transplant 5 days ago and I can now realize my new hairline. In a few months I will be a NW1.5. I highly recommend everyone in here to have it done as soon as possible if he THINKS of doing it sometime in the future (e.g. I wish I had done it 3 years ago when the problem started).

The only thing I am sad of is that 3 of my most precious summers where lost... (and I am talking about Summers in Greek Islands if you know what I mean... :cry: :cry: :cry: ). I may regain my hairline but I will never regain those lost Greek Summers (2003-2006).

Happy new year everyone (that's the only anniversary I personally recognize for the next 2 weeks).

:) :) :)

G

Wow, sounds great! Where did you get your hair transplant? I am also planning to get one for my hairline, though I am gonna try the meds first. Why you didn´t post this in success stories?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Taugenichts how many grafts are you going to get implanted, about 90 ? Any ethical surgeon would'nt touch you, but dont worry there are plenty of unethical ones out there who would bring your hairline down to your eyebrows if you asked them to. You are nowhere near ready for a hair transplant. :roll: You probably have better hair than I had at any stage of my life! Wait until you are at least nw3.
Thylax wait at least 6months before you start to analize the results of any hair transplant. Think yourself luck I lost at least 10 summers.

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts I do not think that my surgeon will touch you. I asked him to bring my hairline to a nw1 level and he refused. He knows what he is doing. I did it in Greece but I am telling you you dont need it. I will reach your hairline (or even worse), so why do you need a surgery?

G

i heard from someone on the other forum that most greek surgeons suck and that the greeks have no clue what they are doing when it comes to hair transplantation. he got butchered by some caveman over there and then went to a canadian surgeon to get a real transplant.

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mayb maybe not. we will see in a few months. On the other hand the cases that he showed me were pretty impressive.

s.a.f

Reaction score
So who was your surgeon?

G

thylax said:
mayb maybe not. we will see in a few months. On the other hand the cases that he showed me were pretty impressive.

did you meet anyone in person? if all you did was look at his custom pics you did yourself a great disservice. i'd especially want to see real examples from someone like a Greek surgeon who probably has way lower skills than an American/Canadian/UK one.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Wow, sounds great! Where did you get your hair transplant? I am also planning to get one for my hairline, though I am gonna try the meds first. Why you didn´t post this in success stories?

I know there's ALWAYS someone worse of than you but it's madness to see you talking about a hair transplant! I read you posts about shedding on the shedding shedding shedding forum and thought form your comments that you were in real trouble but after seein your photos you probably have the best hair on the site. This brought me down badly as from what you were saying you were experiencing somethng similar to me but from your photos I can barely see a problem.
For you to even post on hte hair transplant forum is madness!!!
I;m not having a go at all mate, jsut saying that try and keep things in perspectve

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Early transplants are in the short/medium/long term a waste of time. You need to change your body chemistry, or those transplants will not survive as well.

s.a.f

Reaction score
JayMan said:
i'd especially want to see real examples from someone like a Greek surgeon who probably has way lower skills than an American/Canadian/UK one.
UK hair transplant surgeons are also some of the worst in the world you cant compare them with American/Canadian surgeons.

JDW, I've said the same to taugenichts before he really does'nt have a problem, but I think that when he looks in the mirror he sees himself differently to how the rest of the world sees him. I wish he'd realise this.

Boru, Transplanted grafts will still grow wether you are on meds or not. as the new hairs are the type that are resiliant to DHT the only worry is thgat you could lose the rest and end up with nothing but a transplanted hairline.

G

s.a.f said:
JayMan said:
i'd especially want to see real examples from someone like a Greek surgeon who probably has way lower skills than an American/Canadian/UK one.
UK hair transplant surgeons are also some of the worst in the world you cant compare them with American/Canadian surgeons.

JDW, I've said the same to taugenichts before he really does'nt have a problem, but I think that when he looks in the mirror he sees himself differently to how the rest of the world sees him. I wish he'd realise this.

Boru, Transplanted grafts will still grow wether you are on meds or not. as the new hairs are the type that are resiliant to DHT the only worry is thgat you could lose the rest and end up with nothing but a transplanted hairline.

taugenichts does not show much, if any, hairline recession. his problem is in the crown/vertex area. his hairline is naturally high and may look prematurely balding/old but there is no real way to fix it because to lower it to a juvenile hairline would consume a ridiculous amount of grafts. i advise him to never comb his hair back and always combed forward or at least half and half. i think a caesar cut would look good, for example.

it is possible though that his hairline has receded all at once and that the temple recession will come later but i don't know if i believe this. i think he's said that his hairline has always been high. whether it has always been 3 inches, i don't know.

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
thylax said:

did you meet anyone in person? if all you did was look at his custom pics you did yourself a great disservice. i'd especially want to see real examples from someone like a Greek surgeon who probably has way lower skills than an American/Canadian/UK one.

You don't seem to like us very much. I told you there are good and bad Greek surgeons and I will evaluate my situation in a few months. By the way, WE DISCOVERED the science that is called medicine, so be more gentle please. :lol:

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f I wont mention in public neither the company, neither the surgeon until everything turns out well for me (unless you pm me). I believe this is the right reaction.

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
THYLAX: congrats on your hair transplant. i know what you mean about doing it sooner. but the just of it is is that it hasn't been pefected until recently so count your blessings that you didn't get it a few years back when they were dong pluggy looking stuff. i personaly think that most hair transplant surgeons now a days have the technic figured out so i'm sure your results will look good. and if you aren't happy with the first procedure, you can always add to it with FUE or BHT to make your hairline better or add to the density.

so what kind of procedure did you have done and how many grafts??
good luck and post some pics.

G

JayMan said:
s.a.f said:
JayMan said:

taugenichts does not show much, if any, hairline recession. his problem is in the crown/vertex area. his hairline is naturally high and may look prematurely balding/old but there is no real way to fix it because to lower it to a juvenile hairline would consume a ridiculous amount of grafts. i advise him to never comb his hair back and always combed forward or at least half and half. i think a caesar cut would look good, for example.

it is possible though that his hairline has receded all at once and that the temple recession will come later but i don't know if i believe this. i think he's said that his hairline has always been high. whether it has always been 3 inches, i don't know.

About one year ago my hairline used to be straight with minor temple recession (I had this since I was sixteen). Since then I have lost up to 1/2 inch on some positions and developed a V-shaped hairline. I would like to get my teenage hairline back with the help of treatments and if it doesn´t work I will get a small hair transplant. But as I said I have started to accept my hairline. My problem at the moment is the thinning of my hair all over my head. It looks so thin that I can´t wear hair gel because you can see the scalp.

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts: how long has your hair been thinning for? mine has gotten worse since i started finasteride.

G

My hair has been thinning for about 2 years. That´s when I noticed more and more hairs falling out. As I wrote you in another thread finasteride doesn´t seem to have done anything for me, yet. I think I am still experiencing a regular male pattern baldness shed and I will have to wait for finasteride to kick in and stop male pattern baldness.

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dirtrider67 thanx.
strip/1000 grafts. I have taken pics with my mobile phone but I need a bluetooth connector to publish them. I will soon post some.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Congratulations Thylax!

First off, I am glad the procedure went well and you are out from under the knife and successfully recovering. I hope your new sprouts flourish and you enjoy the improvements in your hair!