I feel bad for my mom

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
Over the past couple of years I've noticed a hint of disappointment from my mom about my hairloss. Not like she blames me, of course, but I think she's sorry it had to turn out like this for me. She has been openly concerned about me not having a girl in my life, she even tried to set me up with her coworker but that girl wasn't interested in dating me. She also tells me I should go back to school to try to find a girl. I think my mom might be worried that I wont make her a grandmother not to mention that I wont be happy alone. More than that I think she worries about me and my self image. It must be like she had two sons, the old handsome me and the new ugly me.

I haven't discussed it directly with my mom but I think she knows that I am devastated by my hair loss. I don't think I'll bother talking to her about it either because moms only lie to make their sons feel better.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[youtube:i3kr0bzz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsGNL9K5mUk[/youtube:i3kr0bzz]

:woot: :woot: :woot: :laugh: :uglylol: :punk: :gay2:

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Absolutely no point talking to your mother about hairloss, how the f*** is any woman gonna understand what you're going through??

My mother told me all kinds of sh*t about my hairloss when I was a teen, trying to reassure me, deluding me into thinking I wasn't actually losing my hair at one point, but they have no clue, so what do you expect?

I actually have a similar situation to you Captain, in that I have an older significantly more handsome NW1 brother (my previous girlfriends would always comment on how good looking he was) yet he's now in his early 30s and cursing his mispent 20s and the total lack of success he has had with women, while I on the otherhand, am seen universally in the family as the one who always gets girls.

Not trying to brag here, far from it, but I've battled hard over the years and learned properly how to talk to women, while he on the otherhand has been lazy and always shied away from chatting up girls and as a consequence has suffered and now lives with huge regrets about his younger years, which is f*****g ridiculous because a guy with his good looks should be cleaning up.

You can see my mother enjoys hearing gossip about my woman tales from other family members, while at the same time cursing my brother for not getting more involved, especially given he is a very good looking guy.

I guess it's a mother's pride thing as well, they want to see you being successful with girls and it makes them happy to know that their son is desired... but f*** it, there are a million other ways you can make your mother proud anyway, so don't worry about it...

Just making the point that, being the less attractive brother doesn't mean you have to end up being totally eclipsed and empty handed, it's still in your hands and your youth is what you make of it.

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
Dont tell anything to your mom. Pretend youre happy smile and tell her you dont need girls last thing you want to do is make your mother depress.

This is what I do, despite everything I have, always put a smile for mom. You have no idea how much they suffer when they know their son is suffering, is an evolutionary thing.

Pretend if you have, never make your mom depressed. :punk:

Deep inside moms are never dissapointed of their sons as long as they are happy :).

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel bad for my mom, 'cause she's just as bald as me... Well she's twice my age though and has the wig option, so...

seb

Reaction score
The title should read "My mom feels bad for me",shes the one who got you into this mess.