I feel a cold coming on...prevention tips?

Zeal

Reaction score
I woke up today feeling a bit shitty; people around me have been enduring colds but I'd like to fight it before it comes to a head. My diet is great, not much to improve there. I'm eating 500mg Vitamin C chewables like they're candy, but that's mainly to feel like I'm doing something. I'm sure it can only take you so far.

Any tips on heading this thing off before it gets worse, or am I already screwed?

CCS

Reaction score
vitamin C from oranges is better because it has bioflavonoids in it. My pills have them too. Anti-oxidants help me every time. Garlic is good too. Drink plenty of water, eat well, sleep well. Sleep is the biggest factor. I put a bunch of spices on my foods. And stay away from processed oils. Zinc helps too, though I'd get it from a mult-vitamin.

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
vitamin C from oranges is better because it has bioflavonoids in it. My pills have them too. Anti-oxidants help me every time. Garlic is good too. Drink plenty of water, eat well, sleep well. Sleep is the biggest factor. I put a bunch of spices on my foods. And stay away from processed oils. Zinc helps too, though I'd get it from a mult-vitamin.

how do you know that his vitamin c pills don't have bioflavanoids in them? some do

G

oni said:
He has CCS vision! :freaked2:

does this vision also enable him to see underneath women's clothes(X-ray) and and determine whether or not they are overweight? If so, this could be why he is good at determining their places on the CCS scale.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan you really have too much time on your hands, get out there and ejoy your life.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
You are infected about 24 hours before the onset of any symptoms. There's nothing you can do besides take Tamiflu/Relenza or get yourself immunized against the flu. Taking VitC does nothing.

oni

Reaction score
JayMan it is far worse than that, he can see their DNA code! :freaked:

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm, Zeal I used to drink water with fresh lemon juice squeezed into it at least once every day, did this for about a year and a half and never had a cold/flu/illness once. Recently stopped and got two, one after the other, still haven't started back up because I can't be botheredlol.

Anyway you're probably over youre cold/flu by now,but just thought I'd throw this out there.

Zeal

Reaction score
Yeah, it was actually the flu. Pretty much over it now. Thanks guys.

I was taking my temperature, and the thing went up to 105+ and eventually blew out. I felt like I was Clark Kent and I had some kind of kryponite flu or something. The thermometer was just old.