I Dropped Some Friends Tonight

Balding_at_18

Reaction score
So I just came back from a party and I think I'm done with my friends and society. All I wanted was a quiet evening drink then some girl points out my hairloss then cue everyone laughing at me. I obviously did not want to take this so I say "laters" then they all say that I'm overreacting or acting like a crybaby. In fact, now that I think about it, I actually recall some events of my "friends" noticing my hairloss then saying "sorry man sh!t happens" with a smile on their face. I knew they were happy that I was balding and were probably internally expressing glee at the thought of me being a NW7 in my mid-late twenties. Anyway tonight I've seen who my true friends are and I'm done. I'm so done with all of this.

One thing I've noticed about the people who blindly proclaim that hairloss is not a problem and say **** like "just shave it brah!" and "JUST BE CONFIDENT!" is that they have no earthly understanding of reality and no experience at all with suffering from true hair loss.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for any person to have real life experience with true hairloss, then make the ignorant and belligerent claim that hairloss did not affect them in any way whatsoever. This is preposterous and it is nothing but regurgitated BS!!

The hardest part about losing hair is eventually learning that women hate you. The majority of real women hate you with a seething fury. They f.u.c.k.i.n.g hate you! You could go into a club/social event with your "SHAVE IT BRAH!! ITS ALL ABOUT CONFIDENZS BRAAHH" bull**** ideology and they would still give it to your shiny NW7 bobblehead dumb f.u.c.k *** then laugh about it for weeks with zero remorse.

I feel like hairloss has opened up my eyes. I see people and society for who they really are. A bunch of narcissistic brain dead imbeciles. The vast majority of women have nothing else to offer but a vagina, two breasts and some punch cards programmed with idle, stereotyped chatter. I hate my father for bringing me into this world. Why my mother (an attractive woman) even fornicated with this debacle of a man and attempt to start a family is beyond me. He passed on this genetic liability on to me and I must suffer for the remainder of my life. My father and my uncles are all complete utter losers who have nothing to show for their pitiful existence. My suffering would be slightly alleviated if they weren't such complete wastes of human life but alas; you can't fix stupid.

The only option I have is to become a bodybuilding nazi skinhead and this is simply not an option. F.u.c.k this cursed life of mine. This sh!t blows!

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
The whole 'Just shave it and be confident!' advise is so overused that if I got a dollar for every time I heard it, I would have more money than Bill Gates. Also, that advice doesn't help or solve anything. Actually if anything, it's extremely offensive.

It's good that you dropped those 'friends' if they didn't even have respect for you.

shookwun

Reaction score
Teenagers have low inhibition and will tell you reality without actually thinking about it. Older people tend to repress it but still feel the same way, but speak more discretely on the matter.

I wouldn't drop them as friends, seeing how most teenagers all act the same way to one another. We all talk ****, fight and argue when are hormones are in rage.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Real friends would never do that... it is ****ed up
Saying that I saw a table of 8 men and 4 of them were bald lol

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
and that's why I don't go out anymore. You hear one of these jokes about your hair and your whole night is ruined. I know that if I ever bring up hair loss with my friends, at best they will say "just shave it" and at worst just downright laugh.

MercMan

Reaction score
You're pretty young and people just don't think too much about what they say. I'm in my late 20s, and I have great friends who tell me things like "Honestly man you look fine, you have a good head," or "I think you look good with shaved head."

Maybe it's time for new friends. Or just tell them that it really hurts your feelings. Nothing wrong with being open and honest. If they really are your friends, they should understand.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
In fact, now that I think about it, I actually recall some events of my "friends" noticing my hairloss then saying "sorry man sh!t happens" with a smile on their face. I knew they were happy that I was balding and were probably internally expressing glee at the thought of me being a NW7 in my mid-late twenties. Anyway tonight I've seen who my true friends are and I'm done. I'm so done with all of this.

Anybody that gets satisfaction/happiness from your pain isn't a real friend. I say dump them. Obviously they know you are having problems dealing with your hairloss, but they still think it is funny when people point it out and make you the butt of jokes. I wouldn't doubt that they were enjoying the fact that you are balding and your looks were going to ****. Especially if you are/were an attractive guy. They see it as the playing field finally leveling out a bit.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
even your true best friends will feel some glee in your lack of appeal to the opposite sex. Its just natural to want to be more dominant and attractive than your competition. Even my best freind gets some satisfaction from me losing my looks though he really never mocked my hair loss after he saw how much it really bothered me. Just like I was the ONLY One of our group who never made fun of his weight when he was heavy and always tried to get him to be motivated to work out and quit smoking.
No one can tell me to "just shave it" because I did and it looks awful to everyone.
When someone tells you to just shave it, ask them if they will shave theirs with you, if they REALLY think all it takes is confidence have them shave down to a zero guard in then bic the horseshoe for a few weeks.

Then they have the authority to say it only takes confidence.

http://youtu.be/nsD4UK_-jeE?t=32s

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe they just don't realize how much you suffer from this. I had a close friend making jokes about my hairloss because i make a lot of jokes about other stuff.

But once i explained how this is ruining my life and causing a major depression, he completely stopped and now is very supportive.

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
A very well written post , I have to confess I've made the occasional post about shaving it off and hitting the gym etc but you've opened my eyes . So feel like a dimwit with regards to my previous posts . Can you start a regime to save your hair ?

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Friends giving friends hell is nothing new but there is a limit. I think the line is crossed when it is damaging to one party and it doesn't stop right then and there. It ain't funny anymore at that point.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Well to the op, you are experiencing that right of passage every bald man goes through when your eyes are opened to the truly selfish, arrogant nature of human beings. People suck, nobody understands this more than the bald guy.

MercMan

Reaction score
This just motivated me to start watching that show. How does it compare to Seinfeld?

It's awesome. It's very much like Seinfeld since the George Costanza character was written based on Larry David. It's almost like the "George Costanza Show." Larry is always finding himself in these awkward situations, often times in trouble or making other people mad at him--he just can't seem to avoid it.