I dropped minoxil and i started finastaride give me advice

Im unlucky

My Regimen
Reaction score
i used minoxil a few years ago and had good results then i had to quit and 6 months ago i used it again for a few months and quit again. now it's like I've never used it, i have been using finestaride for 5 days now and will finastaride not help me?

Last edited:

loner67

My Regimen
Reaction score
If i use only finasteride?
Well finasteride is the main "weapon" against hairloss, because it decreases the conversion of DHT in the body. So you should maintain what you have atleast.

You might not get any/a lot of regrowth if that's your goal, but it will stabilize the shedding(assuming you respond fairly well). If you want temple regrowth then you need a growth stimulant like minoxidil or something else, but even then it's hard.

I also got heart palpitations when using minoxidil, but I used it on the face(for beard growth).. I began to use less and it kinda disappeared. There's also the foam version but it's more expensive.. So yeah, it's a real side effect for some people.

Im unlucky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well finasteride is the main "weapon" against hairloss, because it decreases the conversion of DHT in the body. So you should maintain what you have atleast.

You might not get any/a lot of regrowth if that's your goal, but it will stabilize the shedding(assuming you respond fairly well). If you want temple regrowth then you need a growth stimulant like minoxidil or something else, but even then it's hard.

I also got heart palpitations when using minoxidil, but I used it on the face(for beard growth).. I began to use less and it kinda disappeared. There's also the foam version but it's more expensive.. So yeah, it's a real side effect for some people.
What size dermaroller would you recommend?