I don't like any of the political parties.

CCS

Reaction score
I thought I liked Newt Gingrinch, but I read his site and he makes a huge point that he wants God in the center of government.

I thought I liked Ron Paul, but he wants to shut down all military bases and keep all military personel inside the country, not overseas. Sounds so nice to save all that money, but with fast airplanes, the internet, cell phones, suicide bombers, and missles, etc, we just can't afford to lower our defenses. It was OK in years past when there were just sailing ships and we had our big oceans. But from now on anyone can get around the world in hours, and must be watched on their turf before they get to ours. And I don't think he is just a state's rights person: I think he is pro-life.

I don't like the libertarians. I like their fiscally conservative, socially liberating views. But Niel Bortz is a big one, and was all in favor of taxing cars by the miles driven, instead of by the gallon purchased. Obviously this favors SUV's, even though they are heavier and damage the road faster. I bet he drives one. Some libertarian. He is in support of letting the government install GPS on our cars to measure how many miles the car travelled so the gas pump can charge us tax for those miles. Makes me think libertarians just say they want liberty when they are not in power, but once they get in power, they will use it for their own benefit.

I don't like the democrats for many of their spending ideas, and how they let our enemies get super strong and leave the war deficits for the republicans to play catch up on. I do think we need tax dollars for green energy, but I think we should do it by taxing SUV sales $500 for every mile to the gallon less than 25 then get, and then spending the proceeds on celulostic ethanol research. I'm against telling the car companies how many SUVs they can make. Just tax the gas guzlers by the MPG, not by their name.

And many democrats want to seize IRAs to cushion social security. But if we the republicans power, they'd outlaw all abortions. If you get 20% libertarians, 40% democrats, and 40% republicans, which is what I'd want, that would still mean we'd never get enough votes for a surge to win the war faster.

I'm just upset there is no political party that supports most of my views. And have you heard of conservative democrats? They are big spenders, but are pro-life and anti-gays, and make up almost half of the party. I think the closest group to my views is called GOP For Choice. They were 1/3 of the republican party, and recently formed their own party in some states just to make it clear they are pro-choice.

With Romney and Huckabee both believing life begins at conception, I predict another democrat win in 2012.

The more I think about it, the more I want to just stay out of politics all together and just focus on my own life working for my own money. There is just nothing I can do to change anything. I currently donate $25 per month to the libertarian party, but am thinking of dropping them. I'm registered libertarian, but don't agree with a lot of stuff they think. I just want to give them a fighting chance so they can give the Dems and Reps a little scare.

Travalanche

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree, all of the political parties are terrible IMO. I almost voted for Ron Paul but some of his ideas were stupid. The Rebublican/Democrat 2-party system is stupid and neither side is any better than the other. I'd honestly rather just have a Communist in office for 4 years to stir the pot at this point because at least it would be something new.