I don't know what to do with my hair anymore? I feel like I'm going crazy

forumguy12345

Reaction score
My hair is all I think about day in and day out. I look at guys around campus in envy and how they just take their hairline for granted. They so effortlessly have perfect hair. I recognize I am mentally ill, and i hate myself for it. I look at my old posts and my hair was literally perfectly fine back then. But then I started obsessing more and taking finasteride and now I feel like my hair is a wreck. I have taken probably thousands of photos of my hair and hairline in the last two years. It is just about all I think about now. This picture from last night really set me off though. Someone took it, and I look so bald in it. 1.jpgIt just looks unnaturally set in that picture but I don't know what to do with my hair. I included pictures. One part of me feels like my hairline improve since July, the other part of me feels like it hasn't. I'm uploaded pictures to show it now: I can't tell if it looks good parted.

http://imgur.com/a/7BjRq

http://imgur.com/a/CGunj

mrkite

Reaction score
Your hair isn't even that bad. How old are you? You're already on finasteride, so that's good for preventing further loss... And if you're that obsessed about it, save up and get a hair transplant to fill in your temples.

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At this point you don't really need a transplant. Your hairline would be considered mature. Honestly just keep taking finasteride because this could be early male pattern baldness. I don't think minoxidil is a go at this very early stage of hair loss.

His age is irrelevant unless you're not 18...yea potential sides but that's his choice. I think it is hilarious when people freak out about me being on dutasteride at 20.

japitones24

Reaction score
I see no problem.

My hair is all I think about day in and day out. I look at guys around campus in envy and how they just take their hairline for granted. They so effortlessly have perfect hair. I recognize I am mentally ill, and i hate myself for it. I look at my old posts and my hair was literally perfectly fine back then. But then I started obsessing more and taking finasteride and now I feel like my hair is a wreck. I have taken probably thousands of photos of my hair and hairline in the last two years. It is just about all I think about now. This picture from last night really set me off though. Someone took it, and I look so bald in it. View attachment 35129It just looks unnaturally set in that picture but I don't know what to do with my hair. I included pictures. One part of me feels like my hairline improve since July, the other part of me feels like it hasn't. I'm uploaded pictures to show it now: I can't tell if it looks good parted.

In all honestly, it looks fine. I'm in the same boat as you too. In college, every one seems to have better hair than you. It's all in your head. Literally.

Cosmogenesis

Reaction score
Dude, I REALLY dig your locks. It doesn't look too bad, and if you are in fact going bald, it is definetely not that severe. You hair has a great wavy texture. Perhaps, if you went for shorter sides, it would enhance the look. But in my opinion, it doesn't look bad all.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Wtf I can't even grow my hair tht long... dude if I seen u in my college I'd be envious of YOUR hair... you gotta relax and have the peace of mind knowing your on finasteride
I was exactly like you, hairloss ruined my life I didn't wanna socialize or see girls or even go out with close friends. As soon as I started taking finasteride and noticed alot less hair falling out I feel like I have my life back. Not 1 person would ever call you bald and that's all you have to worry about. Girls don't care about a nw2 or nw1.. your nw2 with thick density. You should be happy you caught it in time, not torturing yourself man. Good luck! Prppecia should have put ur worries to rest for the next 4 or 5 years