i don't know but this is how i feel

verysad

Reaction score
i am a 25 yr old girl who is suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia. i was talking to a female friend who had a headful of thick straight hair. i was once talking to her about my hair loss and she said " oh please get over your hair, it is just hair you lose it is not as if you were raped" i was like what?? but i did not say anything

to be honest i had been raped as a teenager. but rape was nowhere to losing my hair
i would take rape anytime by a man ugly as frankenstein ( if he does not give me std or make me pregnant ) if i can get back my hair.

but i hope seriously hope my friend would lose her hair.
i do not know if i might get banned or this thread would get locked but i am feeling very miserable now.

sometimes it is not that i am evil, but i do wish misfortunes on certain people so they would not judge me..

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Unless someone goes through the same thing they will never understand.
Hair loss is bad enough for men let alone for women.
However one thing you have on your side is that it's not taboo for female sufferers to go out and by a wig.
Ditch these non understanding friends and you'll be happier.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. People with perfect hair don't understand what it's like, they just have no empathy for the suffering hair loss causes. It's a huge change in the appearance of our head and face, it's like being maimed. If your friend had hair loss, she would be in tears, maybe suicidal, but it's not happening to her so she doesn't care...

Society's (By which I mean the majority of society who don't lose their hair) general attitude to hairloss is just suck it up and soldier on. If you are upset about it, then you're just vain and need to get over yourself. **** society, I wish everybody who thinks hairloss is no big deal, or something to joke about, would lose their hair, then they'd know what it feels like.

verysad

Reaction score
Unless someone goes through the same thing they will never understand.
Hair loss is bad enough for men let alone for women.
However one thing you have on your side is that it's not taboo for female sufferers to go out and by a wig.
Ditch these non understanding friends and you'll be happier.

i do not care for wig, it is more acceptable for men to wear a wig, no offence to all but i think it is acceptable for men to be bald compared to women. i feel i have been stripped of something with no hair i do not feel like a woman or should i say with less hair. i would rather be stripped naked in public than lose my hair. if wig was the solution i would not be here.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. People with perfect hair don't understand what it's like, they just have no empathy for the suffering hair loss causes. It's a huge change in the appearance of our head and face, it's like being maimed. If your friend had hair loss, she would be in tears, maybe suicidal, but it's not happening to her so she doesn't care...

Society's (By which I mean the majority of society who don't lose their hair) general attitude to hairloss is just suck it up and soldier on. If you are upset about it, then you're just vain and need to get over yourself. **** society, I wish everybody who thinks hairloss is no big deal, or something to joke about, would lose their hair, then they'd know what it feels like.

precisely i presume you are a man. i am happy to hear that, when i went to a dermatology he made it like i was a spoilt child. how upsetting.

i seriously wish my friend would lose her hair, or those who say it is hair just move on..
i was on another forum, i mentioned like what you say "I wish everybody who thinks hairloss is no big deal, or something to joke about, would lose their hair, then they'd know what it feels like." they accused me of being evil and locked up my thread.. another one banned me.. wtf..

seriously not that i am evil but i do hope this will happen to some ungrateful people who dig into people's misfortunes..

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
i do not care for wig, it is more acceptable for men to wear a wig, no offence to all but i think it is acceptable for men to be bald compared to women. i feel i have been stripped of something with no hair i do not feel like a woman or should i say with less hair. i would rather be stripped naked in public than lose my hair. if wig was the solution i would not be here.

- - - Updated - - -

precisely i presume you are a man. i am happy to hear that, when i went to a dermatology he made it like i was a spoilt child. how upsetting.

i seriously wish my friend would lose her hair, or those who say it is hair just move on..
i was on another forum, i mentioned like what you say "I wish everybody who thinks hairloss is no big deal, or something to joke about, would lose their hair, then they'd know what it feels like." they accused me of being evil and locked up my thread.. another one banned me.. wtf..

seriously not that i am evil but i do hope this will happen to some ungrateful people who dig into people's misfortunes..

I don't think you are evil to think it im sure many have thought it its not to see them suffer its more to do with so they understand what we are going through...but i wouldnt wish anyone to go through it though.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score

You said a mouthful right there.... To further that point, I remember some reactions in the comment section of an article about a possible hair loss treatment breakthrough whereby someone said the money for the treatment would be better spent on seeing a shrink, etc. as if someone has to be mentally ill to be distraught over their hairloss. This perception is yet another facet of the biast stigma against baldness in our society and it's fuhking bullshiet.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
What gets me are the guys with the full heads of hair who shave it off. Why weren't they the ones who go bald and their full head of hair given to one of us? When I see these guys I hope they go bald. Funny thing, I bet if they did, they would be as distraught as us even though they kept it shaved.

verysad

Reaction score
What gets me are the guys with the full heads of hair who shave it off. Why weren't they the ones who go bald and their full head of hair given to one of us? When I see these guys I hope they go bald. Funny thing, I bet if they did, they would be as distraught as us even though they kept it shaved.

you never know how precious it is until you lost it.