I don't get it

brent20

Reaction score
I posted in here before about how its become much more difficult to pick up women as my male pattern baldness gets worse, and the last week or so my luck has worsened again. I could be completely off with this, but I have a close friend who is a girl and she is in like all of my classes in college and i consider her like a best friend. She knows that i haven't dated anyone for like 4 months now and she knows that i'm looking for someone new, so anyway my best guy friend whom i consider a brother is also friends with this girl but he isn't as close as i am to her. So anyway I find out this week that this girl is hooking up my friend with one of her friends? She never asked me if i would like to meet her or anything, instead she overlooked me and is helping my friend who just broke up with his gf like a month ago. It doesn't make sense, and of course with my way of thinking now, i think it was because of my male pattern baldness and she didn't want her friend to have to be with someone who is losing their hair. Maybe i'm completely paranoid, but when my "best" girl friend hooks up one of my friends before helping me first what the hell else should i think? I would have understood if her friend knew my friend and liked him, but they never met till my friend introduced them, so it was basically a blind date. So i guess not even my friends who are girls care enough to help me, male pattern baldness F'in blows.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't beat yourself up too hard about this, there are plenty of totally fair reasons for your friend to have done as she did. Relationships aren't a commodity. Maybe she just thought that your respective interests were too diverse, or that you were the wrong type of people for each other. You're not happy now, but think how much worse it could be if your friend set you two up, and it was the most awkward date ever because the girl took a dislike to you.

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
Sometimes best friends can turn out to be more than you think. Maybe you should date this best friend. Unless she has a boy friend. :roll:

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude..really man...Haiross is a big big enemy for all of us. And because of hairloss good things wont come to you as easy as they would have with hair. That does not mean that you or me should get disheartened by it. Such small incidents, like the one you mentioned shouldnt dampen your spirits.

Remember one thing, confidence is the key. Forget that you have any fuckin hairloss. Go out with fuckin confidence. I have seen so many ugly looking people who have so much confidence they start looking good. Ofcourse no one is gonna hit on them when they goto the bar, but when they hit on someone with the confidence they have, they may have better chances than someone average.

Its all about confidence dude. Thats what gals dig. Stop being a pussy and walk like you are a combination of Bradd Pitt and Bill Gates. Seems like you are in school. Study hard, get a great degree and find a 6 figure income salary, build up and walk like a fuckin hunk. Then see who even looks at your hairloss.

Remember A bald well toned guy is anyday more attrative than a fuckin fatty with head full of hair

HTH

The Gardener

Reaction score
I don't think this is a hairloss related issue.

I suspect something deeper might be going on. I have some close girlfriends too, and despite the fact that they care about me, they have regularly failed to hook me up with the snappa because they feel that they are "on the spot", and that if they give me a bad hookup, it might have negative implications on the level of trust and openness I have with them in other aspects. When you are really good friends with someone, and know someone really well, it is HARD to find a hookup for them because the standards are so high. Naturally, she will want to find someone perfect for you, and also someone who will not become an interloper or competitor in the relationship that the friend already has with you.

Sometimes, it is easier to suggest hookups to people whom you know, but aren't extremely close with, because the risk of failure will not have as much potential risk to them.

baldguy28

Established Member
Reaction score
re:

Not to make you feel bad but the most likely answer is that your friend didn't hook you up with that girl because you aren't her type and she probably said that she isn't attracted to bald/balding guys. I'm not saying that is the reason for sure but that's most likely. I'm suggesting that because it has happened to me a few times.

OR

On the positive side, maybe your friend didn't hook you up with the girl because deep down she likes you herself in a romantic way and doesn't want to see you with someone else that she sees all of the time.

Felk

Reaction score
Re: re:

baldguy28 said:
Not to make you feel bad but the most likely answer is that your friend didn't hook you up with that girl because you aren't her type and she probably said that she isn't attracted to bald/balding guys. I'm not saying that is the reason for sure but that's most likely. I'm suggesting that because it has happened to me a few times.

OR

On the positive side, maybe your friend didn't hook you up with the girl because deep down she likes you herself in a romantic way and doesn't want to see you with someone else that she sees all of the time.

I prefer the latter :)

Goingat20

Reaction score
i feel your pain brent, im really close with this girl. But we both were in relationships. After a while we both broke up with out partners, i really liked this girl, but never told her, we would hang out heeps and stuff, but i just didnt tell her. After a while she met this guy and is with him now. I hardly ever speak to her anymore, be strong, u will pick up the hottest chick and everyone will be jealous of u (thats what i say to myself anyway lol)

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
i was in the car with two buddies, and one of them made the comment about their wife's cousin, who is single....he said something to the effect of "if so-and-so wasnt engaged, id hook them up". and ive been friends with this kid for 10 years.

brent20

Reaction score
well i met the girl she introduced my friend too and she is very attractive and very nice. So i guess that nixes the idea that she wasn't good enough for me in her eyes. Also, i see some of you think its because she likes me, thats not true because we both clarified that we would never date eachother because i don't look at her in that way nor does she to me. So i guess it was because i wasn't good enough for her friend. My friend has a full head of hair that is kinda long and has that emo look which girls seem to love nowadays, a look i could never pull off. Oh well i guess i should get use to it.

strikernr

Reaction score
re

No really, you think she didn't hook you up because you're going bald and or do i smell self-deprecating attitude here?
Frankly we don't know what the situation was but one thing we know is that there could various reasons as to why she didn’t introduce you to this new girl.

1. This new girl already liked your friend and asked you 'best' girl friend to introduce them?
2. You best girl friend doesn't see you or wants you to be with this new girl? Possibly because she thinks she is a bit shallow or air headed? How well does your friend know this new girl?
3. Even thou you guys (you and your best girl friend) verbally confessed you would never date each other but i think that was more like saying "i like you but i like to see what's out there before i fall for you".

You shouldn't sweat it. If this really bugging you should ask her why she did what she did? After all she is your 'best' friend.

P.S. BTW guys, I'm back:) I took a long absence from this site. I have so much to update you guys with. A lot of things happened in last 5-6 month with me. I will be following up with my hairloss progress with pics at my thread 'Striker's Story' in few days (most likely this weekend). Stay tuned!