I can't be a regular teenage boy, there is literally no solution and I hate it

der29

Established Member
Reaction score
I've noticed receding and thinning since the age of 14, but I ignored it a lot and tried to think about other things, I tried to deny it, I tried to constantly comb my hair and always "fix" it to make it look better, people always commented on how I'm "obsessed with my hair" and I do it so often that I can't socialize properly (though I'm mostly a shut-in). I haven't lived a life yet, I've just been a quiet shut in since my teens started, and now that I'm starting to lose my social anxiety, it's time to drop out of society again as my hair loss is ridiculously noticeable and difficult to maintain.

I'm 16, almost 17, and I realize that nobody, and I mean nobody that I am actually attracted to, personality and appearance wise, will want to date a bald me. I have proof of this, as various people who have found me attractive and one in specific that I am very close with have told me that they do not think baldness is attractive at all, and until I am in my late 30s or 40s, I know I will not find anybody that I am attracted to, personality, appearance, and compatibility age-wise will find me attractive, and viable for a relationship with strong feelings attached. That's the reality of it, there's no optimism or anything to get around it. I myself don't even like the look, I would hate to look at myself in the mirror and see a bald me, though I'm constantly trying to make my hair look less stupid as it's ridiculously thin right now to further deny this hair loss. Please do not tell me to accept this. Do not tell me to accept this. Seriously do not tell me to accept this.

I can't accept this, I would rather die than accept this, I would rather die than even attempt to accept this, because attempting to accept this would mean a guarantee that I will lead on a bald life, a very disadvantaged life at such a young age. And at the same time, suicide scares me. I am already disadvantaged as a male in various ways and suffer from various insecurities, from height, to confidence, to facial aesthetic to phallus size, and this just adds on to the list. To make things worse, I am extremely passionate about the opposite sex.

I want to get a hair piece, but my family is in a bad financial situation right now and I'd just feel like cringing every time I take it off to wash my scalp, plus if I get into a relationship and if she accidentally sees it, I don't want that to be a worry at all. I can't get on finasteride because I'm 16, and minoxidil sucks.

That was a little vent. I do wonder if I can keep the hair piece until I am maybe 20, and if the hairloss has progressed further, I can get a hair transplant. I know it isn't recommended for somebody under 25, but if the hair loss is worse than a 35 year old man at 20, enough's enough, a transplant must be necessary at that point. The worst part of all of this is I would probably be okay with being bald at the ages of 30-40+ because at that point no woman I'd be with would be bothered by it, but right now I can't do this, I need to be young in my youth and treated as such. And I honestly look at balding 20 somethings as the luckier ones sometimes, because they didn't start at 14. NO I WILL NOT BE A JASON ALEXANDER NO MATTER HOW RICH, FAMOUS, OR TALENTED HE MAY BE.

you actually thought a 16 year old girl would find baldness attractive lmao...

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would probably be okay with being bald at the ages of 30-40+ because at that point no woman I'd be with would be bothered by it.

Hate to break it to you but... women still care at that age, despite their flat asses, saggy tits and wrinkled faces being their own issue... it's like they dont take into account that their looks are fading too. They're hypocrites. At 30 years or 40 years of age, you'll still care.

You'll need to find a woman that accepts you for the way you are and for everything outside of you bald head too... which actually, should be of greater priority to you anyway. Would you really want a shallow b!tch as a girlfriend or wife?

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We're not in the 80's anymore. Someone who does the right research can get back to the apperance of a fullish head of hair. Except if he's a NW6 with very bad donor.
I guess you're right, but not without serious upkeep and multiple products used to create the appearance of thickness.
Hair transplants aren't even that effective on people with naturally thin hair, so that's something to think about.

FR0ZENF15H

Banned
Reaction score
We're not in the 80's anymore. Someone who does the right research can get back to the apperance of a fullish head of hair. Except if he's a NW6 with very bad donor.

We're now in the year 2014, we shouldn't have to walk around with the illusion of a full head of hair, we should be able to have it by now.

hair transplant's aren't the answer for a lot of us, I personally don't want to pay 20 grand to rock a comb over.

I have over 50k at my disposal and yet I'm still sh1t scared to go bald.

FR0ZENF15H

Banned
Reaction score
There's nothing aesthetic about a comb over which is a hairstyle sported by old men, you're paying lots of money to look old.

Unless I can get full density back, I don't give a sh1t for hair transplant's.

Hellouser has the right mindset, I don't know how you can be happy with the sh1tty options we have.

I look better with short hair and I think you do too, your looks would suffer if you were to sport some ridiculous comb over at the age of 24.

Not to mention, you don't wanna get caught out in the wind or have a girl play with your cover up hairstyle.

So you see, after all is said and done, you end up right back at square one, except now you're out a lot of money and probably cant shave down either.

I want to be FREE from this curse, not play pretend I still have hair game.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What was you hair density before you lost most of it fred?
Because even magicians can't get a nw5 to a nw2, If you haven't got a naturally thick head of hair.

Here is a good image that shows how much 5000 grafts are worth and what coverage can be given:
Nvm for some reason it's impossible to post the image or link on hese forums.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Hi Frozen, Too many of us know what it feels like to be unable to psychologically cope with an unpredictably progressive condition like male pattern baldness. A progressive "condition" we were never really emotionally equipped to manage or adequately prepare for in the first place. Even though hair loss was observed all around us, for many of us it didn't "touch" us until it struck and strangely we were somehow blindsided by it. Let the bald face truth be said, there is no proxy to experience. In time men and women, myself included, have learned or will eventually learn from this painful experience that denial is simply evidence of the degree of synergetic damage caused by male pattern baldness. We grow to realize that it's much more an affliction to our psyche than to our body system(s), but this argument remains circular or ovular like the proverbial egg. The egg is just an egg until it hatches and becomes a voracious crocodile. Through a series of trial and error and much sooner (we hope) rather than later, survival dictates a necessity to facilitate a working strategy to reclaim control of our lives and salvage or restore the deteriorated spectacle of what continues to be our most cherished commodity; our identity. By no means do I want to sound offensive, but Frozen of course your concerns make you more similar than different from most of us here. You are different in the respect that you possess what many of us lack or are in short supply of. Change, forward and backward, for better or not, always takes movement. When we strive to take action to improve our circumstances there is no certainty the direction will turn in our favor. As longtime sufferers we have grown accustomed to our hopes and efforts being wrecked by unrealistic expectations, false scientific promises and projections, or career charlatans and hucksters. During our journey we have been mentally bruised and calloused chronically tripping over the same repeated mistakes and missteps of our bald predecessors before us. This is the black tunnel of our despair. Have courage Frozen, the key you hold you is the financial power to start to change your circumstances. Commit yourself and apply the studied research. Once you have carefully screened each qualified AND RESPECTED surgeon and only when you've designed a well executed and understood plan you make your appointment. You may never achieve the ideal results you hoped for but you will feel the restorative power of self-empowerment. Temporary relief is what we can all work toward. This is an accomplishment we can all build on. If I held that key today I would slowly turn it. All the best and thanx for sharing.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
What was you hair density before you lost most of it fred?
Because even magicians can't get a nw5 to a nw2, If you haven't got a naturally thick head of hair.

Here is a good image that shows how much 5000 grafts are worth and what coverage can be given:
Nvm for some reason it's impossible to post the image or link on hese forums.

NW5 to NW2 is pretty common now. You can see dozens of sufferers making the journey from NW5 to NW2 every months.

Can't give the link to the forums with the results though.

Use this link as a redirect:

http://dft.ba/