I Cannot Praise Back2natural Enough

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair is a dark blonde, but just a little exposure to the sun and perhaps the rubbing alcohol and it turns a regular blonde. This week it was also kind of "straw-like" though I don't know why, for I did not do anything to it. I applied back2natrual dark ash blonde and the color is perfect and it is back to being soft again.

I got bottles of this stuff stashed away, afraid they will stop making it LOL

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I love the stuff but I feel like their darkest color: Dark Ash Brown still doesn’t restore black hair back to fully black. My hair still has a bit of a brown tint to it

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I love the stuff but I feel like their darkest color: Dark Ash Brown still doesn’t restore black hair back to fully black. My hair still has a bit of a brown tint to it
they don't have it in black? that is a shame. The dark blonde is exactly my color. I wonder why they don't have it in black.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What colour was your hair faded to because you used the Dark Ash Brown?

Just wondering because my hair is an off-black and I do like the brown tints because they break up the hair and make it took less dense. So I might actually like the Dark Ash Brown.

I'm wondering when the right time is, to use Back2Natural.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
What colour was your hair faded to because you used the Dark Ash Brown?

Just wondering because my hair is an off-black and I do like the brown tints because they break up the hair and make it took less dense. So I might actually like the Dark Ash Brown.

I'm wondering when the right time is, to use Back2Natural.

You want to start to use it as soon as you see some fading (or red tones).

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds excellent.

Do you have to apply it carefully so as to not stain your lace, or does it only deposit into the hair?

@kashmoney: I use a similar-sounding product by Bigen. Semi-Permenant coloring conditioner. I'm sure they have black.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds excellent.

Do you have to apply it carefully so as to not stain your lace, or does it only deposit into the hair?

@kashmoney: I use a similar-sounding product by Bigen. Semi-Permenant coloring conditioner. I'm sure they have black.
Well they advertise that It does not stain the lace, but that is not true. However, any stains are easily removed with rubbing alcohol.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, man.

So how exactly do you use it?

I have Bigen Dark Brown hair conditioning color but I only used it once over a year ago, so I don't recall particulars.

I know I didn't apply it carefully, &, while I don't think it stained the lace, I really can't say for sure, esp. since both these products must be very similarily constituted.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
I have light blond hair .. would this work for me to use ?? and also where do you guys get it ? I am in the UK ?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have light blond hair .. would this work for me to use ?? and also where do you guys get it ? I am in the UK ?
They make a "light natural ash blonde".

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been ordering via this company for about a year now, always had good service and the product is brilliant.

I had "issues" with the company in the US... good to know there is a closer option.

sawun

My Regimen
Reaction score
any idea where to get in Europe? or similar product? i am in Germany...

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair is a dark blonde, but just a little exposure to the sun and perhaps the rubbing alcohol and it turns a regular blonde. This week it was also kind of "straw-like" though I don't know why, for I did not do anything to it. I applied back2natrual dark ash blonde and the color is perfect and it is back to being soft again.

I got bottles of this stuff stashed away, afraid they will stop making it LOL
I'm a little confused about what Back2Natural is all about. This isn't a real deal hair dye, right? I've heard its very temporary.

Also, it doesn't stain the base?

May I ask what your routine is with it? Thanks.

Last edited:

Noah

Reaction score
Back2Natural is a colour-depositing conditioner specifically made for hairpieces. It's meant to be used preventatively - as soon as you notice any slight colour divergence (but before anyone else notices it) you use it instead of your regular conditioner, and it brings your colour back into line. It is a clever product, because it somehow always seems to correct the colour without going too far. Also it just tints the hair, so it preserves the slight colour variations that the manufacturer will have included in the system, so you don't get a single blanket colour, which can look like a bad dye job, particularly for dark hair.

It can tint the base, so you have to be a bit careful. I scrunch the base up in my fist, and just apply the conditioner to the skein of hair. That's a good idea anyway, at least with a knotted piece, because it is best to keep conditioner of the knots.

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
Back2Natural is a colour-depositing conditioner specifically made for hairpieces. It's meant to be used preventatively - as soon as you notice any slight colour divergence (but before anyone else notices it) you use it instead of your regular conditioner, and it brings your colour back into line. It is a clever product, because it somehow always seems to correct the colour without going too far. Also it just tints the hair, so it preserves the slight colour variations that the manufacturer will have included in the system, so you don't get a single blanket colour, which can look like a bad dye job, particularly for dark hair.

It can tint the base, so you have to be a bit careful. I scrunch the base up in my fist, and just apply the conditioner to the skein of hair. That's a good idea anyway, at least with a knotted piece, because it is best to keep conditioner of the knots.
Do you suggest using it in the shower or in the sink when it’s off your head ?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you suggest using it in the shower or in the sink when it’s off your head ?

I apply it when the unit is off my head - usually once every 2 weeks as that's how often I reattach. I usually put the unit on a polystyrene head, rinse it under the shower with some water (or once a month with shampoo), then I use a dye brush to apply the Back2Natural onto the hair system and I comb it through the hair. I leave it for about 10 minutes or so then rinse it under the shower until the water runs clear.

My bottle of Back2Natural has lasted MONTHS and it does an amazing job of keeping the colour looking great in my system. In fact I even apply it to my bio hair, with helps match the colour of my system and real hair more closely. I just love this product, and it's such great value for money too. My current system is 5 months in and still looks as good as new. I even revitalised my previous system as an experiment using Back2Natural. Definitely don't hesitate to get it.

Not only that, but because it's a conditioner it leaves the hair system looking shiny healthy and feeling soft.

As for it staining the lace, I think people exaggerate or worry about that too much. I do try not to get it on the lace, but even if I do it rinses away easily. It's not a harsh type of dye or anything, and as Noah says, it sort of tints the hair, making it look very natural.