I Can Manipulate Both The Itch And Amount Of Hair Lost/day With Lifestyle Measures, Any Meaning?

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
See title.

How? Well, I started observing correlations relating to these things in myself, and ended up with a fairly extensive network of factors that combine in certain ways to influence them(itch and hairs lost in a day). Some are quite unusual, like always being very close to being thirsty and limiting total fluid intake, or limiting ejaculatory frequency, some more common sense, like going to bed early and being outside more. I have not been consistent in applying these things, though. Essentially, however, I can shift the amount of hairs I shed very quickly, and I can remove scalp itching very quickly, if I am consistent with a long list of things. I don't know any hair follicle biology, and have no idea how relevant these things are, and whether they correlate with the hair cycle changes seen in Androgenetic Alopecia at all. Any insights? Could manipulating these things slow down or stop Androgenetic Alopecia? Is it likely to not matter at all, since the connection between itching and daily hair loss and miniaturization is not definitive?

Thanks!

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's likely that it's just the placebo affect, either that or it could be that you have some hormonal imbalances that are causing you hair loss and the things you're doing are correcting the imbalances.

I doubt any of these that you mentioned could play a part in male pattern baldness, although when you mentioned limiting the amount that you ejaculate; do you notice that the itch mostly starts when you ejaculate? Because this also happens with me.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
It's likely that it's just the placebo affect, either that or it could be that you have some hormonal imbalances that are causing you hair loss and the things you're doing are correcting the imbalances.

I doubt any of these that you mentioned could play a part in male pattern baldness, although when you mentioned limiting the amount that you ejaculate; do you notice that the itch mostly starts when you ejaculate? Because this also happens with me.

What do you mean it's likely just the placebo effect? I observed tons of unexpected correlations. Regarding ejaculation, that is highly context-dependent, if I add enough supportive habits, ejaculation does not initiate an itch, generally, though, it does(because I am lazy about some of these things). I try to avoid ejaculating at all cost(yes, I practice non ejaculatory sex when possible), as it has a host of negative effects on me. My main source of ejaculation is wet dreams, I can manipulate their frequency with various lifestyle habits too, generally the things that are problematic in general promote wet dreams too. When I manage to not ejaculate for 2 weeks or so, I can get away with more things without initiating an itch, and the amount of hair lost in a day is generally lower, ironically, that makes me less prone to ejaculation by itself. I am contemplating just entering an upward spiral like that, because I can produce very pleasant emotional states when I combine many habits, persistent bliss and fullbody orgasmic sensations. I tend to be lazy about doing 90% of the stuff though. Fluid intake(less is better), light, sleep and ejaculatory frequency are def some of the major ones, but a full list of connections would take me a long time to write.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No fap day 3. Dear diary, every 50 year in a tight jeans is giving me a chub, walking down the street I'm ready to drag just about any female to the nearest bush and give her the best 15 seconds of her life. I normally do no fap to some extent but lately I slipped back to my old ways so i decided to do no fap as a 1 month challenge and I'll see where it takes me from there. I'm doing imostly for my mental fortitude, but I'll keep a note on my shedding rate regardless.
I do admit that I'm quite sure my itching increase after ejaculating.

So could you please elaborate more specifically on what methods you use? Fluid, sleep etc...

Last edited:

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
No fap day 3. Dear diary, every 50 year in a tight jeans is giving me a chub, walking down the street I'm ready to drag just about any female to the nearest bush and give her the best 15 seconds of her life. I normally do no fap to some extent but lately I slipped back to my old ways so i decided to do no fap as a 1 month challenge and I'll see where it takes me from there. I'm doing imostly for my mental fortitude, but I'll keep a note on my shedding rate regardless.
I do admit that I'm quite sure my itching increase after ejaculating.

So could you please elaborate more specifically on what methods you use? Fluid, sleep etc...

The methods are context-dependent, when I change my diet a little, it influences the effect of other factors for instance, I would assume assume my genetics play a role in my specific response to various factors.

For instance, if my diet is higher fruit, I seem to need more light to keep itch and shed away, just as a random example. If I am more active, I need more fluid, and depending on context, drinking a little more than enough to quench my thirst be be helpful or harmful. I can give you a list of some factors, but take them with many grains of salt in terms of applying them to your own situation. If you think decreasing the itch and shed(I guess lowering itch is good just because it's annoying, even) is worthwhile, try to observe your own responses. Here are some factors:

Exposure to blue light(during the day helps), exposure to UV(helps), exposure to red light and IR(helps), nicotine use(helps depending on context), caffeine use(helps depending on context), tea use(helps unless using too much water), coffee use(same as with tea, but needs good context, can't have too much), ejaculation frequency(the less the better), sleep duration and quality(9-10 hours ideally), consistency of sleep schedule(same time every day, no partying in weekend, ideally), amount of low intensity activity(hours of walking each day, ideally), amount of high intensity activity(30-60 min a day ideally), social interactions and validation(getting accepted and feeling highly regarded helps), meditation(the more the better, intensity depends on context, especially ejaculatory frequency), cleanness of my apartment(cleaner is better), fluid intake(in most contexts not beyond thirst), fat intake(lower is better for itch and hair shed, but I feel better in other areas if I have a decent amount), sugar intake(starch intake seems to have no effect, sugar itself probably not either, but most sources seem to have some contaminating compounds, not sure what they are, unripe fruit wrecks me, refined sugar differs a lot between brands but always causes some degree of issues), retinol intake(needs to be pretty high, though past a certain point it promotes issues), salt intake(lots of it helps), warmth of showers(hot water promotes itch depending on context), intimacy(non-ejaculatory sex is helpful), fear of future(including hair loss, generally promotes itch, not sure about shed).

I can go on for a while, but I need to go, I think I named quite a few. Let me know if you have any opinion on them. Though mostly I'm interested in replies from people who can tell me if this relates to hair cycle changes at all.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
Interested in more input, do the itch and amount of hair lost in a day mean anything? I can very clearly manipulate both by these means.

integra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree with OP here about the fact that the itch has a correlation with fluid intake and sleep patterns . Whenever there is a shortage of fluid intake( staying dehydrated) I've noticed my back hurts and possibly because of immune reflex the itch starts. Oily and sweet food also contribute to it. As we know that hair follicles die because of immune response there might be some truth in regard to the advantage of suppressing a immune response. About the Fap , not sure but Sex doesn't have any effect but fap sometime lead to itchiness in scalp. Maybe a placebo , I dunno .