I Am Starting With My Drinking Topical Minoxidil Journey

Ak22

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, as the title says i am going to start my journey with drinking minoxidil topical, iam drinking 2 drops that are aprox 5 mg of it, i made my search trought studies in internet that says that a low dose can make good benefits for hair and less heart side effects too. ill let you know guys what's going on and im going to give u some updates with pics if its favourable changes :D

Ak22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude just order oral minoxidil from thailand pharmacy its dirty cheap,dont do this sh*t.
Bro my minoxidil its alcohol and pg free, the reason why im drinking it its because o get so bad reactions to the topical, makes my scalp so itchy and flaky and red, ive been in the topical minoxidil taking it orally for about one week, no side effects so far i have my hair buzzed, and im seeing thickening if the hair, im in dutasteride ED too. Thanks for the advice by the way :)

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I drank the topical for a little while, 0.25ml, works fine, but the pills are cheap so i ended up just stocking up on them instead.

LITUATUI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yesterday I started the same experience. 1 drop in the morning and 1 drop at night of 5 % minoxidil.

I actually counted that 1 ml contains 24 drops. Meaning that each drop has 2,1 mg of minoxidil, since 1 ml contains 50 mg (5 %).

Here is an interesting old study comparing topical vs oral minoxidil on alopecia areata.

https://sci-hub.tw/10.1001/archderm.1987.01660350088019

IncognitoMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been debating taking oral minoxidil, too. Whether it’s sourcing pills or drinking the liquid. I cannot use it topically because of terrible irritation... I’ve tried twice, and my skin peels like crazy after one or two applications. I’m hoping I don’t have any reaction if I take it orally.

Anyway, to those who have taken oral minoxidil, how did it affect the hair on the rest of your body? I don’t want to become excessively hairy elsewhere. I have marginal body hair, and would like to keep it that way! Wouldn’t mind a bit of increase in my beard, though :).

Ak22

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been debating taking oral minoxidil, too. Whether it’s sourcing pills or drinking the liquid. I cannot use it topically because of terrible irritation... I’ve tried twice, and my skin peels like crazy after one or two applications. I’m hoping I don’t have any reaction if I take it orally.

Anyway, to those who have taken oral minoxidil, how did it affect the hair on the rest of your body? I don’t want to become excessively hairy elsewhere. I have marginal body hair, and would like to keep it that way! Wouldn’t mind a bit of increase in my beard, though :).
I think as long as you are in some anti androgen therapy like duta or finas the minoxidil oral will not impact your body hair that much, thats only my thoughts

Ak22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, thats been 3 weeks on my drinking minoxidil journey, all i can say right here, its that im growing fuzzy hair in my temples i can see them under the lights, i think its too early but i found this so promesing, side effects a little bit of chest pain that has going away after cut the dose to the half, i was drinking two drops, now i have to cut it to 1 drop daily, i hope it helps, cheers!!

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think as long as you are in some anti androgen therapy like duta or finas the minoxidil oral will not impact your body hair that much, thats only my thoughts

This is not correct based on what ive seen in person.

Ak22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, One month from my first dose of drinking the topical, all I can say is that the stuff works, i have a lot of new hairs growing in my temples, my eyelashes growing longer than ever and my eyebrows are growing new hairs, i think those two are going to get thicker over time, hair its a lot thicker i can see the difference cuz i am with a buzz cut, and new hairs and thickening of hair its obvious by this time, side effects: in the first two weeks i felt a little bit of chest pain it went away and its fine right now, i up the dose back to 5 mg (2 drops of minoxidil 5% topical), progress looks promising and I am just in my first month in this regimen, i am in dutas and ketoconazole (mon,wed,fri), Cant wait to see when im going to be about my hair in the month 3 and 6 mark, good luck everyone, ill be updating with photos when i get some cosmetic improvement and those hairs get thicken.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, One month from my first dose of drinking the topical, all I can say is that the stuff works, i have a lot of new hairs growing in my temples, my eyelashes growing longer than ever and my eyebrows are growing new hairs, i think those two are going to get thicker over time, hair its a lot thicker i can see the difference cuz i am with a buzz cut, and new hairs and thickening of hair its obvious by this time, side effects: in the first two weeks i felt a little bit of chest pain it went away and its fine right now, i up the dose back to 5 mg (2 drops of minoxidil 5% topical), progress looks promising and I am just in my first month in this regimen, i am in dutas and ketoconazole (mon,wed,fri), Cant wait to see when im going to be about my hair in the month 3 and 6 mark, good luck everyone, ill be updating with photos when i get some cosmetic improvement and those hairs get thicken.
pics ?

Davgogs

My Regimen
Reaction score
How was the initial shedding? I'm using it for three weeks and all I saw is lots of shedding and some tiny white vellus hairs. It's the worse shed that I've ever seen so far. I thought since I was using topical I don't shed so much but it seems I'm wrong. How long does it take your sheddings and how was it?