I AM NEW. GIVE ME ADVICE, PLEASE!!!!!!

fran33

Reaction score
Hello all.

I am 33 y/o and write from Europe.

I am depressed and desperate: I am losing the hair from the crown of my head. I have read that Finasteride is a very efficient treatment but I´d like to know if there are other more efficient treatments than it.

Also Id like to know if any new treatment will be approved at our disposal soon.

Thank you very much

Goingat20

Reaction score
Welcome fran33

The best treatment for you you be finasteride and nizoral. If you also read about minoxidil.

Also Id like to know if any new treatment will be approved at our disposal soon

Not currently, but finasteride and minoxdil are proven and nizoral has also been tested. They are your best options available, especially if your thinning in the crown!!

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
Welcome fran33

The best treatment for you you be finasteride and nizoral. If you also read about minoxidil.

Also Id like to know if any new treatment will be approved at our disposal soon

Not currently, but finasteride and minoxdil are proven and nizoral has also been tested. They are your best options available, especially if your thinning in the crown!!

What he said!

The other thing to do is to get into a good mind set. There's not much you can do about hairloss except to try the varied "treatments" that are available. They may work for you - or they may not.

The big thing is to be happy with who you are and what you've got.

Losing hair sucks - granted - but there are so many worse things. Count your blessings.

Stingray

Reaction score
Number one... Don't type in all caps. :) It's even more annoying than my posts about grammar, sentence structure, and inane posts.

Number two... Welcome to the site. Through the plethora of "porpeica gave me tities roflolmaomg!!!!!111one" posts you will find a tremendous cache of useful information. Although, it might take you months of searching to find it. Generally, the people here are friendly, except for me, of course. I hate everyone.

Number three (and aptly labelled)... The Big Three. Don't let anyone coerce you into believing "ancient chinese voodoo magic helped cure my hairloss" or "(insert nonsensical treatment concoction here) helped (insert miraculous recovery here)". Chances are that they are just not true. Finasteride, Minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo. You got the 3 elements to hair regrowth... DHT inhibitor, Growth stimulant, and scalp conditioner. You can ADD to the regimine, just don't take away from it. And use the products as labelled also. It will take you some time (on the scale of 2 to 4 months) to find out if it works for you, and longer still to see any definitive results.

And, lastly, number four....

I lost my train of thought.

Late-

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What the others said.

Actually there is a more potent treatment which is dutasteride, but its best to start with propecia first and see how you respond to that. Also remember you have to give any treatment at least 6 months before deciding if its working or not.

What country are you in? Do you think you can get a prescription for propecia where you are?

If not the best (cheapest) thing to do is buy Proscar online (same drug as propecia but at a higher dose) and cut the pill into quarters and just take one quarter every day.

You can obtain Proscar or Propecia from places like -

http://www.qhi.co.uk

http://www.unitedpharmacies.com

http://www.inhousedrugstore.co.uk

fran33

Reaction score
Thanks

Dear friends:

Thank you very much to all of you, for your valuable helping.
Global: I am in Spain, and yes I can buy propecia here.

Thanks again.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
blahman8000 said:
i would just like to say that although im not a frequent poster, i visit this site often and ive concluded that this forum has the most helpful, understanding people on the internet. every time someone new comes along, you guys welcome them and give them advice from the start. i know this is off-topic, just wanna say thats very cool.

Awww....