I Am Going Insane... Theres No Way male pattern baldness Can Be This Fast Right?

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
What pattern is this? NW6 or NW7? Its crazy how fast it all happens.
Hey dude, i feel your pain. I also have insanely aggressive hair loss genetics. I was diffusing in a NW7 pattern as a 19 year old. Ill attach a picture of my hair when i was 20. Seeing your buzzed pictures brings me back.. Trust me, its not telogen effluvium, you are just losing all your hair. Blame your genetics.

Attachments

• hair@19.jpg
    hair@19.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 274

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cut your sides way shorter than the top

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude, i feel your pain. I also have insanely aggressive hair loss genetics. I was diffusing in a NW7 pattern as a 19 year old. Ill attach a picture of my hair when i was 20. Seeing your buzzed pictures brings me back.. Trust me, its not telogen effluvium, you are just losing all your hair. Blame your genetics.

How old are you now and how are you coping with the loss? Did medication work for you? Yeah my genetics are really bad in every aspect of life.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cut your sides way shorter than the top

Its all so thin that whats the f*****g point. All because of my f*****g deadbeat baldass dad who left when I was 4, as if the suffering he caused me and my mom back then wasnt enough now this too.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could be telogen effluvium. But then again my hair loss started in very much the same manner and I'm a diffused Norwood 3 now.

Have you noticed any miniaturization in the hairs you're shedding? If you do you've definitely got male pattern baldness. I wouldn't rely on what a dermatologist says since most are incredibly unhelpful about hair. Let the Big Three do their thing for at least a full year, and if you're still shedding then you may want to up the ante with Dutasteride.

Also if you think 21 is bad try 17.

The hairs that I shed are all the same size, they arent thin or anything. Its just the rate that they fall off is too fast for the rate of my hair growth to keep up with thus making me bald.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
That other picture was directly under very bright light. Here it is in more normal lighting.

Attachments

• received_1828749347213447.jpeg
    received_1828749347213447.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 328

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its all so thin that whats the f*****g point. All because of my f*****g deadbeat baldass dad who left when I was 4, as if the suffering he caused me and my mom back then wasnt enough now this too.
Sorry dude. It looks way better in the normal lighting though. And cutting the sides short gives the illusion that the top's thicker

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the side view under that same lighting. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 2018-07-29_12.44.09.jpg
    2018-07-29_12.44.09.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 325

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the side view under that same lighting. Any thoughts?
Honestly hard to tell any balding from that side. One advantage of diffuse is you mostly don't get weird hairline stuff going on

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly hard to tell any balding from that side. One advantage of diffuse is you mostly don't get weird hairline stuff going on

The weird thing is, literally nobody in my family had this type of hairloss where it is diffused thin all around. They all had typical receding hairline up until they reach NW7.

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
How old are you now and how are you coping with the loss? Did medication work for you? Yeah my genetics are really bad in every aspect of life.
Hey, im 24 years old now. Im currently using 2.5 mg of dutasteride ED and applying minoxidil once a day. I have much more hair than i had in that picture. Finasteride and normal dosage dutasteride never worked for me, so i had to bring out the big guns. I even used spironolactone for about 4 months until i dropped it and decided upon going crazy with the dutasteride. Now i have a normal head of hair, its not super thick, but it looks cool and completes my look.

As of how hair loss has affected me.. It definitely has left it mark upon me. I had my usual coping period as an 18 year old, i was denying it, thinking about how i could pull off being bald etc etc. But after a while i gave up on accepting baldness, as i knew that i couldn't pull it off. I simply realized that being bald in my early 20's would reduce my quality of life to such a degree that playing around with medicine and my own body chemistry seemed like a fair compromise.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, im 24 years old now. Im currently using 2.5 mg of dutasteride ED and applying minoxidil once a day. I have much more hair than i had in that picture. Finasteride and normal dosage dutasteride never worked for me, so i had to bring out the big guns. I even used spironolactone for about 4 months until i dropped it and decided upon going crazy with the dutasteride. Now i have a normal head of hair, its not super thick, but it looks cool and completes my look.

As of how hair loss has affected me.. It definitely has left it mark upon me. I had my usual coping period as an 18 year old, i was denying it, thinking about how i could pull off being bald etc etc. But after a while i gave up on accepting baldness, as i knew that i couldn't pull it off. I simply realized that being bald in my early 20's would reduce my quality of life to such a degree that playing around with medicine and my own body chemistry seemed like a fair compromise.

So you are happy with your current hair and life? Are you getting any side effects from dutasteride (low libido,ED etc)? Also how were you able to get dutasteride? I live in Canada and it seems like its almost impossible to get dutasteride here.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I think I figured something out about my intense shedding. The shedding all started the week I started using nizorol.... This has to be a part of it. I started using nizorol shampoo 3 times a week in mid march. Before this I would lose like 20 hairs in the shower at max. Then in april I started losing 300+ per day in shower and ive continued to use nizoral 3 times a week even until today...... Do you guys think this could be the reason? The timeline makes so much sense..

Joe scabicky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am losing hairs at an unrealistically fast rate. Almost cartoonish. But all blood tests are coming out normal and my derm is saying that it is male pattern baldness without really examining anything. Losing about 500 hairs per day approx.

I posted this pic last week where I cleaned out all the fallen hairs on my hair in the shower to the point where not a single hair would fall off and then took another shower about 6 hours later.

This was the result: https://imgur.com/a/kGMDFVW

Everyday I am losing the same amount in the showers, and way more than this outside of shower like at work, school on pillows literally anytime I move my head hairs fall off. Went from thick NW1 to diffusing NW6 in 8 months months it doesnt make any sense, I have never seen male pattern baldness go this fast with anyone else.

This is the amount of hairs I lost in shower yesterday and today, less than 24 hours apart.

Yesterday: https://imgur.com/a/HIbhZ0H
Today : https://imgur.com/a/KeJ5Loj

My scalp is becoming more visible by the day. I dont understand, isnt male pattern baldness something that occurs for years before you go bald. Is there a good chance I have telogen effluvium and not male pattern baldness or is this type of hairloss normal for people who bald agressively. The frustrating thing is that no derm will even consider the fact that it could be something other than male pattern baldness because my dad was NW7 at my age. I think maybe hair transplant clinics are more knowledgeable in this field and am looking to go to one and see if I can get a scalp biopsy done.
When it starts going it can go fast...within a year in some people.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I think I figured something out about my intense shedding. The shedding all started the week I started using nizorol.... This has to be a part of it. I started using nizorol shampoo 3 times a week in mid march. Before this I would lose like 20 hairs in the shower at max. Then in april I started losing 300+ per day in shower and ive continued to use nizoral 3 times a week even until today...... Do you guys think this could be the reason? The timeline makes so much sense..

I suppose you should just stop using nizoral then, lol. It can cause some bad reactions in some people.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I suppose you should just stop using nizoral then, lol. It can cause some bad reactions in some people.
I don't get why people say stuff like that about Nizoral. I have left it all over my scalp 24/7 for like a week and no issues

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, i can totally feel your despair. The hair loss made me depressed. I think 24/7 about this sh*t. Its so hard to stop thinking about it if you see hair everywhere.
I was thought i have Telogen Effluvium, after a really stressful time, too. Even different derms told me its Telogen Effluvium and i should just stop worrying. Unfortunately the hair loss never stopped and i ve kept loosing hair until today (100-250 Hairs/day). This is going on for almost 1 1/2 years. I loose hair all over the scalp and had a time where i also lost my beard and body hair. God knows why this stopped and my scalp hair is still falling out.
My dad is a Norwood 2 in his mid 50. My grandpa is a Norwood 6 but lost his hair in the mid 30. No signs of hairless on my mothers side.
I hopped on finasterid 2 days ago, will buzz my hair tomorrow and then ill pray
wish you all the best

thats my hairloss from only one day, I lost around 60 - 70% of density... oh i checked my blood and hormones -everthing is fine-
IMG_8236.jpg