I Am Going Insane... Theres No Way male pattern baldness Can Be This Fast Right?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, i can totally feel your despair. The hair loss made me depressed. I think 24/7 about this sh*t. Its so hard to stop thinking about it if you see hair everywhere.
I was thought i have Telogen Effluvium, after a really stressful time, too. Even different derms told me its Telogen Effluvium and i should just stop worrying. Unfortunately the hair loss never stopped and i ve kept loosing hair until today (100-250 Hairs/day). This is going on for almost 1 1/2 years. I loose hair all over the scalp and had a time where i also lost my beard and body hair. God knows why this stopped and my scalp hair is still falling out.
My dad is a Norwood 2 in his mid 50. My grandpa is a Norwood 6 but lost his hair in the mid 30. No signs of hairless on my mothers side.
I hopped on finasterid 2 days ago, will buzz my hair tomorrow and then ill pray
wish you all the best

thats my hairloss from only one day, I lost around 60 - 70% of density... oh i checked my blood and hormones -everthing is fine-
View attachment 100262
How’d you collect the hairs throughout the day?

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of them are hair after showering and I also have the habit to run with my hand through my hair while im in the bathroom. Guess im loosing more hair over the day, but just don't see it.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, i can totally feel your despair. The hair loss made me depressed. I think 24/7 about this sh*t. Its so hard to stop thinking about it if you see hair everywhere.
I was thought i have Telogen Effluvium, after a really stressful time, too. Even different derms told me its Telogen Effluvium and i should just stop worrying. Unfortunately the hair loss never stopped and i ve kept loosing hair until today (100-250 Hairs/day). This is going on for almost 1 1/2 years. I loose hair all over the scalp and had a time where i also lost my beard and body hair. God knows why this stopped and my scalp hair is still falling out.
My dad is a Norwood 2 in his mid 50. My grandpa is a Norwood 6 but lost his hair in the mid 30. No signs of hairless on my mothers side.
I hopped on finasterid 2 days ago, will buzz my hair tomorrow and then ill pray
wish you all the best

thats my hairloss from only one day, I lost around 60 - 70% of density... oh i checked my blood and hormones -everthing is fine-
View attachment 100262

Those pictures bring me back man. Lets see pics of your hair currently and when you first started losing it. How come you waited 1.5 years to go on finasteride? Ive been on finasteride for 3 months and 1 week now and just now I am noticing less hairs falling in showers. I did buzz my hair back in early august and found out that I was diffusing hard in the full nw6 area. My hair looks very thin now too but I am noticing some changes in shedding. Before it would be like 300ish hairs per day but for the past month its been a lot less. And for the past couple of weeks it has dropped drastically. Last time I washed my hair was on Monday 6am and I washed my hair again today (wednesday) at 3PM and only found 12 hairs even after all the shampooing and stuff so I am really hoping I am a finasteride responder.

People here will tell you not to count hairs which is true because it will drive you mad but understandably so it is hard not to. Also they say that shedding hairs in showers is not a sign of balding. This is true for most people but for diffused thinners it is almost always directly proportional to how much hairs you are losing and will never get back. If you are losing 300+ per day then it is impossible not to lose density over time. My reccomendation is to stick with finasteride and also add minoxidil to your routine man. Goodluck man and pm me if theres anything else you want to know.

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
really happy for you that finasteride is working. Must be a completely different life without worrying about the hair. I was always hoping that the hairloss will just disappear and i also made a lot of blood tests and everything. I just couldnt believe that its androgenetic. I mean even the derms were telling me i don't have to worry.

Yes i know its stupid to count your hairs... I mean im gong through this sh*t sh*t for 1 1/2 years now and i think it already drove me crazy :D
I hope it will change as soon as i buzz my hair, but im scared as hell. My hair is really thin, but until now i could hide it pretty good.

Pictures on the left side are from last year September. Right side from a few days ago.
IMG_5596.JPG IMG_8213.jpg

i know thats not the best comparison, but don't have other pictures
IMG_4927.JPG IMG_8239.PNG

I can look for some better picture later....

Thanks for your help man, it really helps if you can talk to people who are going through the same sh*t.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
really happy for you that finasteride is working. Must be a completely different life without worrying about the hair. I was always hoping that the hairloss will just disappear and i also made a lot of blood tests and everything. I just couldnt believe that its androgenetic. I mean even the derms were telling me i don't have to worry.

Yes i know its stupid to count your hairs... I mean im gong through this sh*t sh*t for 1 1/2 years now and i think it already drove me crazy :D
I hope it will change as soon as i buzz my hair, but im scared as hell. My hair is really thin, but until now i could hide it pretty good.

Pictures on the left side are from last year September. Right side from a few days ago.
View attachment 100263 View attachment 100264

View attachment 100269 View attachment 100267

Thanks for your help man, it really helps if you can talk to people who are going through the same sh*t.
I think a buzz will make your diffusing show more. You’ll have to go really close with it. I’d recommend trying out a longer on top style to cover it if possible. Also toppik can work wonders, it’s saved me.

Stick to finasteride, it’s going to have its ups and downs but in the end, most people benefit.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score

Dude I am still worrying about the hair lol. My hair is thin af. Only recently I noticed a less amount of shedding. Still freaking out about it everyday and especially on days where I end up seeing my hair in bright lighting or sunlight when it looks thin af. TBH im not sure if finasteride is even working or if my hairloss is just slowing down a bit on its own because I dont have that much hair to lose anymore. At the beginning I had so much to lose. Also, I have been taking 0.5mg per day not the full 1 mg per day but I am going to switch to proscar and use 1.25mg per day.

And as @CrownBalding said a buzz will show your diffuse much more clearly but it still is a good idea to do because it makes applying minoxidil and dermarolling easier. Just giving you a heads up but buzzing down to a #1 guard and taking a picture of it from the top is pretty f*****g scary as you will take a glimpse into your future final norwood.

Lets just hope finasteride works for all of us and we can keep our hair for decades or atleast until there is a cure for this dreaded premature balding.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score

Also looking at those pics im not entirely convinced that what you have is male pattern baldness. It doesnt really look like theres any thinning on the top and what you have going on in the back is an odd pattern.

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also looking at those pics im not entirely convinced that what you have is male pattern baldness. It doesnt really look like theres any thinning on the top and what you have going on in the back is an odd pattern.

Its a good sign that your hairloss slowed down. My uncle just told me that he is using finasteride for almost 20 years. He still has nice hair for his age. He's only a little bit receding at the temples. Do you have any sides so far?
Tried to buzz all off today but couldnt do it :D

Im thinning all over my head, probably a bit more at the crown. but you're right, looks weird on the back.... I can post another picture after the barber tomorrow.

@CrownBalding im wearing my hair long on the top for 6 years. Im just sick to see all the hair everyday.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its a good sign that your hairloss slowed down. My uncle just told me that he is using finasteride for almost 20 years. He still has nice hair for his age. He's only a little bit receding at the temples. Do you have any sides so far?
Tried to buzz all off today but couldnt do it :D

Im thinning all over my head, probably a bit more at the crown. but you're right, looks weird on the back.... I can post another picture after the barber tomorrow.

@CrownBalding im wearing my hair long on the top for 6 years. Im just sick to see all the hair everyday.

Just lowered libido. I can tell its lower but its not significantly lower. I dont mind though. At first I also had low jizz volume but that is back to normal now. Overall no real major side effects I would say.

jay90_m

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey man, how are things holding up? Just joined and would like to speak to someone who also has shedding. I've been shedding quite a bite lately but not as much as you. I have severe thinning on the sides.

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it has gotten worse man :(
dont know if its the finasteride, but im shedding at least 200 - 300 hairs a day and going crazy about it.
Anyone had shedding on finasteride ?
The worst part is im shedding a lot of terminal hair and my just gets thinner and thinner.
IMG_8296.jpg IMG_8295.jpg

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
it has gotten worse man :(
dont know if its the finasteride, but im shedding at least 200 - 300 hairs a day and going crazy about it.
Anyone had shedding on finasteride ?
The worst part is im shedding a lot of terminal hair and my just gets thinner and thinner.
View attachment 100905 View attachment 100904

It is still too early to see if finasteride is working or now for you man. IDK what to say as im going through the same thing. Give finasteride atleast 6 months before seeing if it works for you or not.