i am COMPLETLY CONFUSED

NOMORELOSS

Reaction score
Hello.My name is Peter , i have 22 years old and my hair is recending at the temples( 0,5 inches) and progressively i can see it is thinning.I would say that i will be almost a complete bald between my 40´s or 50´s...if i don´t do anything about it.I know that time is of essence and that if i do something NOW i can minimize my losses...the question is WHAT?
I have travelled all across this forum in search of an answer and you guys make me more confused that decided....i mean there are so many different regimens and products there are so many different feedbacks and results.....Before i discovered HairLossTalk.com i would easily fall in a scam like hairgenesis or procerin(they are really convincing....) but now i don´t know what to do.....the ONLY thing i do now is that whatever i´ll choose NIZORAL will have to be in it as it seems to be an overall general choise.
My goals are to at least keep my hair or reduce the most i can the losses.If you would say to me that 30 years from now i would have only 10% or 20% less hair maybe that wouldn´t be too bad or what?If you would say that 30 years from now i would have almost as much as now i would say PERFECT!
I accept the fact that i will age.I just look forward in aging as gracefully as possible.And i am aware that that means i gonna have to do something now..planning ahead.
I have a good motivation i would say.I mean, for people who dont suffer from hairloss maybe it seems kinda nuts to apply an oily lotion to your hair daily or to pop up pills but in the end it is like anything a person does concerning their health/beauty, we all brush our teeths at least twice a day, it is inserted in our routine and its not like we think about it much.
My only problem is the use of drugs in the process.I know that if i take propecia im gonna have a very good chance of maintaining my hair but i really am not delighted with the idea of drugging myself forever.Because that is what it comes down to isnt it?If i choose Propecia as my product of choise i will have to take a drug for as long as i live.A drug that we dont know about the long-term side effects on our body?What are the consequencies of 30 years on propecia?And if i stop taking it i will loose everything RAPIDILY :!: Besides it seems that lot more than 2% of people complain about side effects that i simply don´t want...i would rather go bald and ugly then becoming impontent or with weak erections or with no sexual drive :freaked2: ....But the lame part is that this stuff seems to really work maintenance-wise and if i use it i´ll probably keep a good part of my hair for life....is worth the chance....?

Then the obvious counter option seems to be revivogen....but i haven´t understand yet its effectiveness...If i use it what would you say that my chances are of a good maintenaice?Of gaining thickness?How is it as a stand alone product...?

Then there is minoxidol that just seems another drug that envolves me taking it twice a day(really hard to manage time-wise), i have an ecthic schedule and life...will i have to carry rogaine in my pocket everyday till i die and oilying my hair in front of people.....?Is it really necessary if your goal is maintenance?Cant propecia also grow a bit of hair and take care of maintenance without adding rogaine?

Well well well...sorry for boring you with my story and existencial doubts but i have no idea what regimen to follow, i know drugs have the best results but i am scared of drugs and don´t really want to use them unless last resort?

suggestions anyone? :?

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. I've been on finasteride for four months. Too early to tell if it's done anything for the hair, but I will say this. Don't freak out about the side effects. You just have to take the chance. With me, I got them, they went away, then they came back, then they went away again. They've been gone for about two weeks now. I'm about 85% back to normal, which I'm willing to accept. I just hope it doesn't yo-yo again.

My theory is that many more than 2% get them *initially*, but only a very small percentage keep them. Just dive in. Maybe you'll be one of the ones who isn't affected at all. If you do feel the change, ride it out if it's not something that you feel is an urgent health issue. Good luck.

viperfish

Reaction score
With any treatment it is something you will have to continue with for life, or until something better comes around. Just like showering or brushing your teeth.......You have to do it every day!!! As far as propecia goes effectiveness can last for five to ten years, in some, so you will not be on the drug for the rest of your life. By that time hopefully we will find a more complete answer to hairloss.
Some people choose not to use drugs and it is a personal choice you have to make for yourself. If you don't use finasteride then yes revivogen is probably your best option.

NOMORELOSS

Reaction score
Hey there viperfish thanks for answering....what do u mean when u say that propecia effectiveness only lasts for 5 or 10 years? Are u referring to its effectiveness on GROWING hair or on STOPING the hair loss...or BOTH?

Are u saying that even if i do choose to take propecia it will only work for 5 years and then the hair loss will continue?.....and if so does it continue at a higher rate than normal?

Basically my doubt is this: i am now 22.Lets theoretically presume that if i don´t do anything i will have no hair when i am 40.Ok, now lets presume that i take propecia but its effectiveness ends after 5 years.I would be 27 years old and with the same hair as with 22.Now will the hair loss rate be higher from now on comparing to as if i hadnt taken any propecia, and in the end i would also reach 40 with no hair, or it will delay it to when i am 45(thus meaning it would by me 5 years of hair) or maybe if i use it all my life i will never reach that point?

do u get my doubts?Thanks

NOMORELOSS

Reaction score
Hey there viperfish thanks for answering....what do u mean when u say that propecia effectiveness only lasts for 5 or 10 years? Are u referring to its effectiveness on GROWING hair or on STOPING the hair loss...or BOTH?

Are u saying that even if i do choose to take propecia it will only work for 5 years and then the hair loss will continue?.....and if so does it continue at a higher rate than normal?

Basically my doubt is this: i am now 22.Lets theoretically presume that if i don´t do anything i will have no hair when i am 40.Ok, now lets presume that i take propecia but its effectiveness ends after 5 years.I would be 27 years old and with the same hair as with 22.Now will the hair loss rate be higher from now on comparing to as if i hadnt taken any propecia, and in the end i would also reach 40 with no hair, or it will delay it to when i am 45(thus meaning it would by me 5 years of hair) or maybe if i use it all my life i will never reach that point?

do u get my doubts?Thanks

viperfish

Reaction score
Once propecia is stopped or loses its effectiveness you will slowing begin balding again as genetics take over. When using the drug hair will be maintained. Some users benefit, cosmetically, in terms of thicker hair and maybe some regrowth. Will your hairloss be worse after you stop taking propecia then if you had not used the treatment at all?? I don't think anyone knows that for sure.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I just wanted to clarify that I do not think Revivogen alone is a sufficient replacement for Propecia. The combination of Revivogen + Topical spironolactone get you significantly closer to "duplicating propecia". spironolactone alone or Revivogen alone may or may not be sufficient. I would do both together if you are going to avoid the Propecia route. Be advised, even with this "good guess" ... we have no data to prove that Rev+spironolactone will work at all ... let alone as well as Propecia.

HairLossTalk.com