I Am Close To Solving The Curious Case Of Scalp Dermatitis

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oily scalps. Oily faces. We seen them. Not all get dermatitis. So what’s the reason behind it?

At first, I thought it was poor blood flow but that sh*t was quickly debunked by other members here. Then it was the galea theory but too vague and too stupid. But......

A couple months ago a doctor told me about teeth being the cause of it. Not only dermatitis but hair loss too. He spoke of holes inside your gum which many of us can have but never actually spot. He also spoke of wisdom teeth and pressure on the teeth and the sides of your forehead, progressively worsening the situation. Then he spoke about pressure and inevitably permanent damage and postural change in the back of the neck. All this, progressively putting more and more stress in the scalp, leading to inflammation and dermatitis.

Thus removing your wisdom teeth or the rest of the causes and freeing your jaw and mouth and all that, MIGHT be a solution.

As usual, here we don’t post stupid links. Here we use logic, common sense and user experience. Here, we run our own research, thank you very much.

Discuss.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
In alopecia areata is possible a link with dental pieces
https://www.nature.com/articles/bdj.2007.1177
or:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12134132
"The association of alopecia areata and infectious foci of dental origin is relatively common, and may be explained by the autoimmune nature of the disorder. We describe a case of alopecia areata with no apparent cause and that was effectively resolved by eliminating a focalized dental infection via endodontic treatment. The presence of common immune mediators in the pathogenesis of both alopecia areata and dental infection could account for the dental origin of the hair loss. In this sense, patients with localized alopecia should be subjected to careful exploration of the oral cavity in search of possible dental infections"

But not in our case.

Martius

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mhm, i think that's interesting. Less stress, right posture, relaxion and decent blood flow are things that we all know can be beneficial.
In my case it would make sense. It's about time to remove my wisdom teeth anyway. Also i've been teeth grinding at nightime like almost every one in the family. That often leads to inflammation and muscle tension. And the reason we do that is usually daily stress.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hold up, how is the GA theory to vague? It explains a damn sight more than other theories.

Edit: oh he's banned again lol

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's actually true. The inflammation cause by wisdom teeth (even more if they're in the wrong orientantion) causes scalp problems