I am a little concerned with hair Direct

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am becoming concerned with HairDirect since covid. They stopped using a factory where most of my systems have been made for the last 10 or 11 years. The last two systems were made in a new factory and they've been the worst shottie systems that I've ever had. The hair is very dry almost straw-like and if I'm wearing a hoodie at the gym and I take the hoodie off the hair Matt's up and tangles. The best way I can describe it is like looking at a bird's nest. It's really that embarrassing. And it doesn't matter how much I deep condition it. Bottom line the quality of the hair is very poor. Not sure what to do?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am becoming concerned with HairDirect since covid. They stopped using a factory where most of my systems have been made for the last 10 or 11 years. The last two systems were made in a new factory and they've been the worst shottie systems that I've ever had. The hair is very dry almost straw-like and if I'm wearing a hoodie at the gym and I take the hoodie off the hair Matt's up and tangles. The best way I can describe it is like looking at a bird's nest. It's really that embarrassing. And it doesn't matter how much I deep condition it. Bottom line the quality of the hair is very poor. Not sure what to do?

I think this is the case with quite a few hair system companies. The UK supplier I use had to change to a new production facility, and from what I've heard from guys on this forum, the hair quality of their systems is now lower. All you can do is change suppliers and see what their quality is like. Are you going for stock or custom hair systems?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Is there any chance you could post some pics of your hair system? (You can cover your face to remain anon if you prefer). I'm just curious what the hair looks like. Do you use a spray on leave in conditioner and brush it through? That usually does the trick, but it sounds like that might not work with the lower quality hair you mention.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I use a daily spray in conditioner. I'm missing that soft and silky feeling you get with a new system. It just comes down to the initial quality of the hair. Unfortunately HD doesn't offer Remy hair that's why I'm looking for a different company.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do wear an all lace,full cap with almost shoulder length hair. I always have ordered custom.