I Am 26. Some Advice On This. I Need Help. | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

I Am 26. Some Advice On This. I Need Help.

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by InMisery93, Mar 27, 2020 at 1:03 AM.

1. InMisery93

InMisery93 New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    2nd post here. I will try to keep this short. I suffer from real major depression, anxiety, obsessive thoughts/actions, etc. And my first suspicion of hair thinning/loss at my hairline corners were April 2018. Then I forgot about it. Then in November 2018 I became obsessed over it, and haven't been able to stop since. I do believe now that my corners have thinned though it took this long to come to the conclusion. I also sometimes worry about other parts of hair thinning. My family history is a mixed bag, everything from NW6 to NW0 at literally 90 years old.

I just have a couple thoughts and questions. I kind of just want to get finasteride and take 1/3 a pill a day just to see if it eases mind. I could go into a long thing here about me and my depression, etc but I will spare you. However, what is the easiest way to get finasteride and the cheapest option?

My 2nd idea was to take saw palmetto for a while and watch and see what happens. If it gets thicker in anyway, would that immediately signify that I do in fact have some thinning? Or can it possibly just thicken anybodies hair who hasn't thinned? If it stays the same for another year, (and I will be watching it closely of I'm around to do so) then maybe just keep taking saw palmetto?

And lastly could saw palmetto cause your hair to get worse? And is saw palmetto even worth a chance?

These are questions. If you care to read anymore details they can be found in my 1st post. The pictures are gone for now. Maybe in 5 months I will upload them again with new pictures to compare (if I'm around).

Thank you for your thoughts on this. I hate that anyody has to go through this or depression. I really do.

#1 InMisery93, Mar 27, 2020 at 1:03 AM
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020 at 1:11 AM
  2. pegasus2

pegasus2 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    You don't need hair meds, you need a psychiatrist. If you were truly losing your hair you'd know it. If you've been obsessing over for two years while being unsure if it's real or not then you have OCD or some kind of anxiety disorder. I'm not a psychologist, that's just my opinion.

3. InMisery93

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I know my mind has deteriorated. It was a long slow process. That really started after my daddy passed away when I was 20. I do believe my hair is thinning in the corners though (98% sure). I moved places (Feb 2018) and started looking in a different a mirror and saw a hair loss commecial. That is sort where I track the hair loss worry to back. Maybe my mind latched on to it as some kind of mechanism. I don't know, man. I just wish this didn't happen to people. The hair thing or the depression.

pegasus2 likes this.
  4. pegasus2

pegasus2 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I get that. You've got to know that solving your hair issues won't make you feel better though, I hope you'll go talk to a therapist. If you're actually losing hair then you mouthy as well get on finasteride and at least have peace of mind that you won't keep losing it. Obviously your hair loss is minor, and in that case finasteride will certainly be effective in stopping it.

5. InMisery93

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Ok. I was looking more into saw palmetto. It appears to not be what I had first read. I was looing at my hair again today (I hate this) and I might as well say I am 100% sure I have lost/thinned some hair. If I knew it could just stop right now then I would be pretty ok with it.

What is the easiest and cheapest way to get finasteride? I wish you could buy it without a prescription.