I am 19, and have already lost so much hair!

Duncan McFly

Reaction score
You could start on Propecia and see how it goes for you, though it probably won't help regrow too much hair that's already lost. I'd stay away from transplants at this stage, as your hairloss will continue to progress and to have lost so much at such a young age your hairloss must be pretty agressive. Since your hairloss is mainly at the crown (from what I can tell) you would prbably have alot of luck with a crown partial hair system. Since you'd only be covering the top area you wouldn't have to worry about the front hairline looking unnatural or anything like that. Toplace and Coolpiece are two companies which sell quality hair systems and partials and are very affordable. Or, if you're lucky enough to have the right look to pull off a shaved head, you could go that route.

My 2 cents.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just go with the Big 3 and get some Couvre.....you will appear to have a full head of hair and while trying to regrow. Believe me it works!

Don't shave!! You have twice the hair I do now. Just grow it longer, comb it straight back and cover the crown with (or entire scalp) with Couvre. Your crown will be completely hidden!

G

I agree with Thinning... try the BIg 3 for a year or 2 and stay away from Transplants... as of now shave it all off for a few months till it grows back and try to see if you like your new look...you can try regrowing after a year or so and see how it looks in the mean time if you just adjust to the shaved look... oh well....

Deaner

Reaction score
since not all the DHT is reduced, wouldn't puberty just complete more slowly than if you were not on Propecia? Also, is it all the same DHT that's causing hairloss that would cause puberty to complete? I ask because I started Propecia when I was 18, and am slightly worried by the comment about suppressing masculinity.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cook'n'milkies said:
Jesus, Dave, the kid is suffering, don't make jokes!

Were you dropped on your head too many times as an infant? If not, then perhaps you'll explain where it was that I made a joke.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Some people at certain ages have fully masculinized, they have developed the lean musclularity of a grown male, full compliment of pubic hair, good development of facial hair/beard, produce a healthy load of sperm when they whack off and/or dip their wick, have a mature sense of humor as opposed to Dave001's,

I said: "Are you certain that the camera isn't playing tricks on you?"

Where is the joke in that? I was being completely serious. Have none of you realized that just about anyone can reveal a bald spot if the camera angle and lighting "hit" the scalp in such a way? That wouldn't be first my guess of the cause in this case, but it's a completely plausible scenario, especially if those photos were pulled from sets of similar photos that showed no loss.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
since not all the DHT is reduced, wouldn't puberty just complete more slowly than if you were not on Propecia? Also, is it all the same DHT that's causing hairloss that would cause puberty to complete? I ask because I started Propecia when I was 18, and am slightly worried by the comment about suppressing masculinity.

Why don't you ask the pseudohermaphrodites?

G

Dave001 said:
The Gardener said:
Some people at certain ages have fully masculinized, they have developed the lean musclularity of a grown male, full compliment of pubic hair, good development of facial hair/beard, produce a healthy load of sperm when they whack off and/or dip their wick, have a mature sense of humor as opposed to Dave001's,

I said: "Are you certain that the camera isn't playing tricks on you?"

Where is the joke in that? I was being completely serious. Have none of you realized that just about anyone can reveal a bald spot if the camera angle and lighting "hit" the scalp in such a way? That wouldn't be first my guess of the cause in this case, but it's a completely plausible scenario, especially if those photos were pulled from sets of similar photos that showed no loss.

Hmmm.. Point Well taken... A Possible case in example would be this one ...

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ferrar ... pg&.src=ph

I havent been able to reproduce this kinda of frontal hairloss photo even though I have tried from various angles and with sunlight, flash and wet hair...the worst i could reproduce is http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ferrar ... pg&.src=ph

That photo was taken in glaring sunlight and possibly flash and i had applied loads of Hair Gel (L'oreal medium Hold) to get a "Puffed" look I always liked that Elvis Presley kinda puff at the front.. :) But that was the last time I did it :cry: ALTHOUGH there is no denying the fact that my hair is thinning not only from the front but EVERYWHERE....

I agree some angles can make you look balding But the Kid has 2 such pics and the scalp shows quiet a bit so there is definitely some thiinng/loss if not as exagerrated But again it "could" be the angle/lights

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
robintso,

im sure you live a stressful life, are you having sex??? c'mon be honest here.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cook'n'milkies said:
sorry, the kid is definitley losing his hair at the vertex. Denial will only let it get worse.

Gee, what a thoughtful and intelligent response! I guess it's not even a remote possibility, after all.

arjun17

Reaction score
The camera angle and light is making it look worse. When I'm just out of the shower i.e. with soaking-wet hair and I look at my crown with the two-parallel-mirrors arrangement ,I can see quite a bit of scalp at certain angles around the whorl, and I ain't thinning at all. Yet, even if you take the lighting and camera into account, this guy still seems to have thinned quite a bit. Look at how sparse and wispy-looking his hair at the crown is.
Cheers,
Arjun