i almost dont see bald man on tv

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Heh. Recently I told a girl who has a thing for Iglesias that he's bald and wears a wig. She refused to believe it but I could see in her eyes she was pretty disappointed. Too many people do believe life is like Hollywood and what they see on TV is "normal".

Show her this pic! It must be so much worse now. Fully fledged horseshoe.

enrique-Iglasias-hair.jpg

Since thinning out myself I can spot 90% of all cover ups :) . If you see any celebrity wear hats extensively, or even a couple of times it means they are hiding their baldness.
I never suspected Fred Durst was bald back in 2000 when I was 17, but now I know why he did it. Same with Enrique, when he was big in 2002 and I had a full head of hair I thought he wore the hats for style. Just like Samuel L Jackson. That's what most of the public believes as well.

Likewise if a man bleaches his hair it's usually to disguise thinning like Paul Gascoigne in the mid 90s or Chris Brown today.

Ashton Kutcher has the biggest comb over(or comb forward) in hollywood. I was watching the Butterfly Effect and spotted it easily and thought it looked a bit silly.

You can see his recession here:

Ashton-Kutcher-Wallpaper-2.jpg

Combover
mak-fotoneu-DW-Heimat-Hollywood.jpg

Hat - probably couldn't be bothered with comb-over that day

images

images

images

Next time you see a celebrity wearing a hat during a public appearance or interview, chances are that they're losing their hair!

hqdefault.jpg

pics-channing-tatum-shaves-his-head-bald.jpg

And don't fall for the 'I'm doing it for a movie role', excuse. That was Jude Law's excuse and I haven't seen him in any movie with a shaved head!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll tell you who you never see on TV, YOUNG bald men. You ever see a guy under 30 years old with a receeding hairline or a bald spot on TV? There is no male celebrity in Hollywood under 30 who is balding.

Ashton Kutcher hid it well whilst on the 70s show.

You also don't see too many mexicans and Asians in movies despite the fact that Los Angeles has a huge amount of them. It's all make believe, only people who live in a fantasy world believe in it. Michael Rausenbaum looked good as Lex Luthor in Smallville, where he was clean shaven with no hairline and many girls found him attractive. In fact Kristin Kreuk said she found him more appealing than the guy who played Clark Kent.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
While its all very true the above, and yes sure makes me feel warm and fuzzy seeing that Iglesias picture above there is a point to hollywood and tv actors... sure they have there work done or clean shave and still get plenty kitty.

Money and fame is a big factor though! We cant all be like Captain Picard ;)

now all we need is a topical solution to fix ugliness :)

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Didnt even know Enrique was going bald lol i know i rarely see him but still.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Did even know Enrique was going bald lol i know i rarely see him but still.

That was 1996, imagine him now. This is the worst one though:

http://www.beIgraviacentre.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/fraser-brendan-fraser-29845031-468-515.jpg

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Bald is a four letter word.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
Imagine what it must be like to be Enrique Iglesias, having to watch out every single time that no one catches him without his wig or cap. He must be rocking a good horseshoe at home because he needs to grow out the sides to make the wigs and hats believable. You can tell that he hates the wigs given how often he is wearing hats. I'm surprised no one in the mainstream media calls him out on it!

But Anna Kournikova didn't mind his hairloss, she was a millionaire in her own right before she met him, she could have married a full haired man but chose bald Enrique.
Likewise Brooke Shield married Andre Agassi.

Imagine how hard it must have been for these guys showing their true selves to these women.

What proof do you have enrique is bald, horseshoe anyway?
That's not even plausible, if we look at his father or his brother!
the only old pictures we have with him are with slightly receeded temples, but he could have fixed them at a good surgeon anytime since that!!
Come on!

- - - Updated - - -

As for Brendan Fraser, he could have fixed that with multiple transplants.
We have that guy here(with 6000 grafts at DHI, went from NW6 to NW2), who looked worse than Fraser, and now, how does he look?? Why couldn't this actor do the same?????

And about the post on Ashton Kutcher: you;re ridiculous, poster! There isn't any combover.

Oh, and about wearing hats: maybe they wear them after transplant sessions, don't you think??

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im seeing a lot of bald actors on tv these days. Three of the main guys on Breaking Bad are slick, even if one shaves it for the role. Mark Strong is getting a lot more roles too.

I think balding is starting to lose its stigma.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've started re-watching 'Arrested Development' and realized that 4 out of 5 main male characters are bald/balding! Gob, Buster, Oscar and Tobias! I even didn't know or didn't care if they were balding when I first watched it! and I had hair back then!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Heh. Recently I told a girl who has a thing for Iglesias that he's bald and wears a wig. She refused to believe it but I could see in her eyes she was pretty disappointed. Too many people do believe life is like Hollywood and what they see on TV is "normal".

Should have told her that him wearing a wig is the same as her with her makeup.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'm just done with people looking down on me as if my baldness makes me less of a person. SMH.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
When we see bald guys modeling for Khols and macys catalogs and star in romantic comedies as the love interest. When commercials use bald guys in positive or neutral lights instead of bashing us, then you will know we have arrived as equals in society.

anonymous

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, aside from roles where its OK for a guy to be balding (to portray age or something), you'd never see a dude with a bald-patch starring any movies lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, aside from roles where its OK for a guy to be balding (to portray age or something), you'd never see a dude with a bald-patch starring any movies lol.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yea true but come on . . . . these are peoples fantasy worlds

"uglier" people are always gonna not be in movies

its kinda like when i was playing saints row the other day. i cud make my own character.

why wud i choose to make an uglier character when i can make a better looking character?