Hypothyroidism Reverse Hairloss Problem

dimik29

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys I am new here and want to ask before I do something. I diagnosed with hypothyroidism and as you can guess I had hairloss all over my hand specifically the front area. My question is can this be reversed without talking permanately minoxidil or something like that? Should I wait for the drug to normalize my thyroid function before I do something? Is there anything natural to regrow my lost hair ? I don't have huge problem but under the light I see my scalp and I hate that. If someone had same problem and fixed I would appreciate the help! Keep up the good work here

dimik29

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are some

Attachments

• 20180518_105553.jpg
    20180518_105553.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,331
  • 20180518_105652.jpg
    20180518_105652.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 931

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks like normal recession. Hypothyroidism hair loss would normally be more diffuse, like all over the top. Not a progression from the front (you already have a mature hair line).

dimik29

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was more diffused in the front. I have some grow back but not as it used to be. I am now on 3rd month of medication with t4. Should I wait until the thyroid function come back to normal? Is it anything that can boost new hair grow back again? What i didnt mentioned is that my prolactin levels was also high.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looks like male pattern baldness was triggered to me...

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was more diffused in the front. I have some grow back but not as it used to be. I am now on 3rd month of medication with t4. Should I wait until the thyroid function come back to normal? Is it anything that can boost new hair grow back again? What i didnt mentioned is that my prolactin levels was also high.

You can certainly wait to see if the hormone works and in the mean time use Minoxidil foam.

dimik29

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it was male pattern baldness would my hair start growing again back? I have a lot grew back. Thanks Retinoid. Just one more question if I start minoxidil and go back to normal should I'll be to stop it?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it was male pattern baldness would my hair start growing again back? I have a lot grew back. Thanks Retinoid. Just one more question if I start minoxidil and go back to normal should I'll be to stop it?

If your hair loss is due to thyroid then minoxidil will help to just get the hair into Anagen quicker over a few months and once you stop you should be okay. If it is due to male pattern baldness then you technically will need some form of treatment for life.

dimik29

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well thanks again Retinoid. Crossed fingers and starting minoxidil. I hope its really a thyroid problem and not male pattern baldness.The shape of my head dont encourage me to shave my hair. I tried once having my hair short and nobody like it. What is your opinion in hydrocortisone? I read somewhere that really works and fast!

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well thanks again Retinoid. Crossed fingers and starting minoxidil. I hope its really a thyroid problem and not male pattern baldness.The shape of my head dont encourage me to shave my hair. I tried once having my hair short and nobody like it. What is your opinion in hydrocortisone? I read somewhere that really works and fast!

Hydrocortisone for what?

dimik29

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read that boost new hair really quick. Correct me if it's wrong. It is a butavate cream they where talking about

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read that boost new hair really quick. Correct me if it's wrong. It is a butavate cream they where talking about

I have never heard of it before...I think the Minoxidil and thyroid hormones will work if it is due to a thyroid condition. If not you can then look into alternatives like Finasteride and this cream. Just remember you need to give Minoxidil at least 3 months to work and the hair usually gets worse before it gets better.