Hyperandrogenicity On Antiandrogens | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Hyperandrogenicity On Antiandrogens

Discussion in 'Shedding Shedding Shedding' started by Warrior123, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Warrior123

Warrior123 New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Can anyone explain to me what reflex hyperandrogeicity is? By reading forums I mostly understood what it is all about but the concept itself isn't very clear to me.. Some say you have it if your hair starts to shed as soon as you get on antiandrogen (finasteride or dutasteride), others say you get it after few years on antiandrogens. Also some people that "have it" don't have any additional side effects except shed, others also have high libido, oily skin, acne or increased growth of body hair, and then there are people that say that they have hyperandrogenicity and have low libido, dry skin, no acne but are shedding.. I know everyone's body reacts different to certain molecules but shouldn't some things be consistent in order to call it a certain way..not to say that there are no studies that would prove the exsistence of that condition (at least not the ones done on the hair/scalp) although people have talked about that condition for years...

2. Gary Ferguson

Gary Ferguson Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It’s bro science, both derms I’ve been to haven’t even heard of it. Not saying people don’t have adverse reactions but it’s not really backed up with evidence

itsjustsimon and Warrior123 like this.
  3. Gregor59

Gregor59 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    No bro science. I had rh from finasteride 6 months ago. I quit drug but shedding isnt stopped. Falling 200 hairs daily.

4. Northface32

Northface32 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Well you failed because if you did some research many people shed even well into 1 year and bounce back with alot thicker hair. Just go look at the success section. You should've waited at least a year. Even a year and a half for some. But the sheds come back thicker and stronger.