Huge amounts of tesosterone

simplemindedgenius

Reaction score
Propecia stops the 5-AR enzyme from converting Tesosterone into DHT. I'm currently taking Propecia, going for laser light therapy, using nizoral and minoxidil with Retin-A. (I'm 20 years old and just have slight receding at the temples only, which I noticed starting at 16 so it's been a slow process).

Question: If i take a steroid which will put approximately 5X the amount of TESTOSTERONE I normaly have into my body, will the tesosterone NOT cause my hair to fall out because the 5-AR enzyme is disabled by Propecia?

Thanks

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
simplemindedgenius said:
Question: If i take a steroid which will put approximately 5X the amount of TESTOSTERONE I normaly have into my body, will the tesosterone NOT cause my hair to fall out because the 5-AR enzyme is disabled by Propecia?

What on earth are you trying to accomplish? :freaked2: :freaked2: :freaked2:

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

Steroids cause hairloss. More T means more DHT and more hairs on your pillow at night. Instead of paying for roids, take a cooking class. A good woman would prefer a man who can cook then a man who takes roids to look big.

the_beast

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: re:

Johnny24601 said:
Steroids cause hairloss. More T means more DHT and more hairs on your pillow at night. Instead of paying for roids, take a cooking class. A good woman would prefer a man who can cook then a man who takes roids to look big.

+1 to that.

You can get pretty large naturally if you try hard enough anyway. 5x more test = 5x more DHT.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't do a cycle if you're worried about Hairloss. People will sometimes take finasteride during a cycle to help it, but I don't believe it reduces the effects completely.

Check out http://www.bodybuilding.com as there on threads on this exact subject.

jeffsss

Reaction score
some steroids don't cause hair loss.

usually people stack test with something and that's what causes hair loss.. but so does winny.. and dball... etc..

if you took HGH you'd be golden, but it's expensive.

simplemindedgenius

Reaction score
I thought you guys would know a lot more than what you've displayed. My quesiton is pretty specific, but let me re-word it:

DHT is what causes hair loss(most of the time). From what I understand it's the 5-AR enzyme that converts testosterone into DHT and the MORE 5-AR enzyme one has, the more DHT is being produced. This is why I'm asking if the 5-AR enzyme is disabled by PROPECIA (finasteride), shouldn't it not matter how much testosterone is in your body because the enzyme which makes the dht is stopped?

jeffsss, thanks for your advice. Also, I thought winny doesn't cause hair loss since it has low androgenic properties. I say this because I was going to turn to it and stack it with something else instead of test.

Thanks guys. :freaked2:

fifty

Established Member
Reaction score
simplemindedgenius said:
I thought you guys would know a lot more than what you've displayed. My quesiton is pretty specific, but let me re-word it:

DHT is what causes hair loss(most of the time). From what I understand it's the 5-AR enzyme that converts testosterone into DHT and the MORE 5-AR enzyme one has, the more DHT is being produced. This is why I'm asking if the 5-AR enzyme is disabled by PROPECIA (finasteride), shouldn't it not matter how much testosterone is in your body because the enzyme which makes the dht is stopped?

Thanks guys. :freaked2:

Propecia will end up reducing serum DHT about 70%. So if you have normal test levels, your DHT levels will be 30% of someone who does not take propecia. So if you take maximum test, your DHT levels will also be really high. Propecia while on test will reduce your "really high" DHT by 70%.

So here is an estimation:
normal DHT 40.0 ng/dL
DHT on propecia 12.0 ng/dL
DHT levels with 5x testosterone 200 ng/dL
DHT levels with 5x test on propecia 60 ng/dL

If Propecia totally DISABLED 5ar Type I and II, you would be correct. However, it does not totally disable 5ar. It only partially inhibits 5ar Type II.

Also if you take Propecia with test, your gains will probably be less than taking the test without the propecia. DHT plays a part in central nervous system function (aggressiveness, explosiveness, etc).

simplemindedgenius

Reaction score
New EXample

Thanks for the helpful info fifty. Somethin I'm still unclear about fifty, maybe you can help again.

Propcia stops the most of the 5-AR enzyme from working. I've read that someone who has almost NO 5-AR enzyme in their body will not bald, and I've read that someone with more of the enzyme will produce more dht, depending on how much tesosterone they have to supply the enzyme, will bald much more. SO....IF TEST is put into the body, dramatically increasing tesosterone levels, this should not have any effect on dht production (causing hair loss) because the steroids will not increase amounts of the 5-AR ENZYME(the reason dht is produced).

Basically, it's not how much testosterone is in ones body, but it's how much of the 5-AR enzyme (which converts the testosterone) there is on ones body which causes baldness.

I may be totally off but this is what I'm thinking right now from what I've read and understood.[/b]

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
simplemindedgenius said:
Thanks for the helpful info fifty. Somethin I'm still unclear about fifty, maybe you can help again.

Propcia stops the most of the 5-AR enzyme from working. I've read that someone who has almost NO 5-AR enzyme in their body will not bald, and I've read that someone with more of the enzyme will produce more dht, depending on how much tesosterone they have to supply the enzyme, will bald much more. SO....IF TEST is put into the body, dramatically increasing tesosterone levels, this should not have any effect on dht production (causing hair loss) because the steroids will not increase amounts of the 5-AR ENZYME(the reason dht is produced).

Basically, it's not how much testosterone is in ones body, but it's how much of the 5-AR enzyme (which converts the testosterone) there is on ones body which causes baldness.

I may be totally off but this is what I'm thinking right now from what I've read and understood.[/b]

http://www.aeron.com/dht1.htm

Patients using transdermal testosterone or DHT creams may have high DHT levels.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DHT sensititvity countsd as th emost important. not the amount.One has to be genetically predisposed to DHT sensitivity

fifty

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: New EXample

simplemindedgenius said:

[/b]

That's a damn good question. I don't know.

Another question to ask, 'is DHT the only culprit in hair loss'? Do other androgens (like testosterone) have a significant effect on your hair? I think people just blame DHT because it is such a potent androgen (compared to test). You gotta remember that researchers don't know sh*t about hair loss. Propecia and minoxidil were only discovered by chance to be treatments for hair because original users noted hair growth as side effects of proscar (BPH med) and oral minoxidil (blood pressure med).

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score

fifty said:
You gotta remember that researchers don't know $#iT about hair loss. Propecia and minoxidil were only discovered by chance to be treatments for hair because original users noted hair growth as side effects of proscar (BPH med) and oral minoxidil (blood pressure med).

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

The Urban Myth that simply refuses to die! :D :D :D

Bryan

jeffsss

Reaction score

Bryan said:
fifty said:
You gotta remember that researchers don't know $#iT about hair loss. Propecia and minoxidil were only discovered by chance to be treatments for hair because original users noted hair growth as side effects of proscar (BPH med) and oral minoxidil (blood pressure med).

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

Bryan

I thought that also!?

what's the truth?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's true that minoxidil's effect on hair growth was an accidental discovery which was later put to good use as Rogaine, but such was NOT the case with finasteride. Merck researched and developed numerous 5a-reductase inhibitors (finally settling on finasteride as the best), for the express purpose of treating several androgen-dependent disorders, including male pattern balding, hirsutism, BPH, acne, etc.

It's been very difficult to dislodge this weird popular notion that finasteride was "accidental" just like minoxidil, but it's my mission in life! :)

Bryan

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Bryan said:
fifty said:

Bryan, it should be possible to automatically dispell this myth with some fairly simple heuristics hooked into a phpBB function, and of course the approval of HairLossTalk.com.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
simplemindedgenius said:

Androgenetic Alopecia is initiated by androgens, so in theory the effects of DHT in the hair follicle should be replicated by an equipotent concentration of testosterone (or any androgen).

The damage doesn't happen overnight though. A couple of months of supraphysiological tesosterone levels probably wouldn't make much difference, even without finasteride. Speaking of which, finasteride hinders performance, so you might consider using it topically only.

fifty

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help Dave & Bryan.

Bryan, I guess that myth will be hard to dispel since there is no FDA drug exclusively for hairloss...even though I can find a pill on TV for any other ailment in my life ("I pee to much" or "I can't sleep" or "I'm tired alot" or "my manhood doesn't work" or "my manhood doesn't work" or "my manhood doesn't work") :)

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Too much testosterone = potential for more DHT. The potential is an individual thing. The auto response depends on age and genes. Try meditation, deep breathing, less environmental stress. A tall order.
Boru

G

Re: re:

Johnny24601 said:

Well said.