https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/adtp.202200052

bekeero

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We are happy to announce that the manuscript entitled “Dual-Mode Vasodilator M119 Delivery to Hair Follicle via Dissolving Microneedle for Advanced Alopecia Treatment” was accepted for publication in Advanced Therapeutics.

ABSTRACT - Finasteride, the most widely used oral alopecia drug, shows several side effects such as hypoactive sexual dysfunction or depression, whereas the topical drug minoxidil demonstrates unsatisfactory efficacy. Thus, there is an increasing need for new alopecia drugs and alternative delivery systems for future alopecia treatment. Researchers have developed dissolving microneedle (DMN), a transdermal drug delivery system, which can be used with minimal invasion. However, DMN has limited application for the alopecia treatment owing to its unsuccessful implantation on the hairy scalp. Here, it is suggested that TOP-M119 (M119), a novel drug acting as a vasodilator in the scalp, and M119-loaded DMN with a specially designed shape can be used for the alopecia treatment. This M119-loaded DMN system is delivered using a newly designed applicator that supports patchless scalp implantation of DMN by microsized pillars designed to prevent accidental skin insertion. Enhanced hair follicle targeting drug delivery and superior alopecia treatment efficacy of specially designed shaped DMN and M119 has been demonstrated through in vitro and ex vivo studies. Moreover, M119-loaded DMN system shows enhanced in vivo efficacy in mouse skin and through expression markers related to hair growth, such as β-catenin, proliferating cell nuclear antigen, MECA 32, and versican.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where can we buy it?
Some members are keen on the delivery system to the scalp.. experimenting, fine tuning in hopes of better results..

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still have no clue what "dissolving microneedling" or this device even is or how it works? anyone has pictures of the method?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found some examples, so basically you punch all needles on scalp, and the tip dissolves inside your scalp. Pretty interesting. I guess it can be useful method of delivery for certain hairloss drugs but yeah, you can't make the dissolving tips yourself and need some company to make tips for different drugs... unlikely to happen

1656362421348.png

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s used in some medical procedures where results were enhanced. You can buy cheap knockoffs on Amazon

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes… They are sold on Amazon hyaluronic acid & dissolving needles primarily. But it’s possible to use Duasteride or any other hair chemical with these needles to test if they actually give better results. I tried it to a small extent for short time. But if I could get a hold of a medical grade needle I would try it.