How's my hair looking?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my second thread on this forum.
smile.gif
So It's been a while since my last post and since then I have visited a dermatologist to re-examine my hair just a few weeks ago. I mentioned that I was on accutane back in january and that ever since my hair has shed tremendously. His verdict was that my hair looked normal and that I could stop applying rogaine in which was directed by the previous deem i visited. I also pointed out the baby hairs on one of the corners of my hairline. He says that hair can take a long time to grow back since hair grows in cycles. The only thing he diagnosed me with on my visit was seborrheic dermatitis and prescribed a topical steroid. I am still applying rogaine on the top right corner of my hairline once a night, should i discontinue usage? I have attached some pictures to the post for further opinion. Overall, how does my hair look? What norwood am I? Thanks
!
IMG_9449.jpgIMG_9420.jpgIMG_9432.jpgIMG_9440.jpgIMG_9444 copy.jpgIMG_9457.jpgIMG_9460 copy.jpgIMG_9462.jpg

Toms

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like a NW1, it could be male pattern baldness, but I might be wrong, looks a little worse than my hair, but I still don't know if I'm having male pattern baldness, a dermatologist said I do not have it, but I am still worried, so tomorrow I will visit a hair transplant doctor, to be sure about it. Like seriously, only a hair transplant doctor can tell if it is an early stage of male pattern baldness, dermatologists only say it's male pattern baldness, when there is already a visible recession and miniaturization.
How old are you?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks like a NW1, it could be male pattern baldness, but I might be wrong, looks a little worse than my hair, but I still don't know if I'm having male pattern baldness, a dermatologist said I do not have it, but I am still worried, so tomorrow I will visit a hair transplant doctor, to be sure about it. Like seriously, only a hair transplant doctor can tell if it is an early stage of male pattern baldness, dermatologists only say it's male pattern baldness, when there is already a visible recession and miniaturization.
How old are you?

Can you post some pics of your hair? I've been told on another forum that my hair looks fine and to get off the forum. So do dermatologist's not specialize in hair loss then? wtf..? Im 19 btw

Toms

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...rent-doctor-and-get-prescription-for-propecia
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...t-something-help-me-out-with-some-information
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...ease-someone-who-knows-how-it-looks-answer-me
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...lly-dont-know-what-is-happening-to-me-Help-me

These are my precious threads. I've also been told to get off these forums and that I'm trolling, however, I feel like something is happening to my hair.
Your thoughts?

Well, dermatologists... One of my friend is now at a really bad stage of balding, like, it can really be seen... He went to a dermatologist 2-3 years ago, and the dermatologist said he has nothing to worry about..

- - - Updated - - -

although those might be just natural baby hairs along your hairline.. were they there before? like 2 years earlier?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yours looks similar to mine. Yeah I feel dermatologist's can be misleading since I've visited 3 in the past year and two out of the three say that my hair would grow back eventually, while the one said that it could have triggered male pattern baldness and recommended rogaine on the right temple. Idk what to think anymore.

And no i don't think so, they just have thinned out towards the end of my course of accutane which was early january, idk if rogaine is helping.

Toms

Established Member
Reaction score
I think dermatologists don't know **** about male pattern baldness, they specializes in fungus and mostly in women hair loss. I reccommend you to visit a Hair Transplant doctor to see if it really is miniaturization.
Although my little hairs along the hairline were there also in 2012. Confuses me alot. And today I got a new haircut and everything seems to be better, it would be ridiculous, if I would have been in depression this whole month just because of the previous bad haircut, but that would still be the best case scenario.

Your hair still looks really good, and I think the worst case scenario would be you using finasteride and getting your hair back to full. I'm also gonna start finasteride if I have male pattern baldness, and I'm really scareeeeed..

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm on the same boat as you then, I just need 100% clarity if I'm balding or not.

Toms

Established Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I find it so f***** depressive, the not knowing is killing me, I'm searcing for this information, and I am always like "I have male pattern baldness", then the next day "Naaawww, it's just the haircut". Plus my friend and family say there is nothing changed, and the dermatologist said my hair has no problem.. I just can't focus on anything, aaah. If I looked more masculine, I would just shave my head, but I still look like I'm 16, so I can't just shave my head, aargghh.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
STOP IMAGINING THINGS. Both of you.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here are better quality pictures of where my main concern is, my right temple. My derm noticed these hairs and said it takes a long time for the baby hairs to regrow. What do you think?

IMG_9549.jpgIMG_9548.jpg.

- - - Updated - - -

anyone?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Looks like a NW1, it could be male pattern baldness, but I might be wrong, looks a little worse than my hair

Really? Where does your hairline start at your eyebrows? Obvious troll posts.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look everyone.... a guy that isn't experiencing androgenetic alopecia!

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...rent-doctor-and-get-prescription-for-propecia
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...t-something-help-me-out-with-some-information
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...ease-someone-who-knows-how-it-looks-answer-me
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...lly-dont-know-what-is-happening-to-me-Help-me

These are my precious threads. I've also been told to get off these forums and that I'm trolling, however, I feel like something is happening to my hair.
Your thoughts?

Well, dermatologists... One of my friend is now at a really bad stage of balding, like, it can really be seen... He went to a dermatologist 2-3 years ago, and the dermatologist said he has nothing to worry about..

- - - Updated - - -

although those might be just natural baby hairs along your hairline.. were they there before? like 2 years earlier?

This is male pattern baldness
Men thinning hair4.jpg

or this
judelawLARGE110112.jpg

This is NOT
bieber10n-2-web.jpg

These two like to be asshats. If being annoying is your intention then well done, now f*ck off.

Toms

Established Member
Reaction score
Damnit, you guys! If a guy still has a hairline, it doen't mean he can't be receding! I went to a Hair Transplant doctor, just got back, and she said it right away, that my hair is receding! And that the dermatologist was not a proffessional!

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just decided to revive this ancient thread to give anybody an update on my hair. I’m now 25 and it’s been about 6 years since my last post. My hair has gone through some maturing. I still honestly don’t know if I’m balding but I don’t stress about it too much anymore. What Norwood would you guys say I’m at now?

Attachments

• 8EDDC048-35E7-4C2A-9F9A-53A2FAE75236.jpeg
    8EDDC048-35E7-4C2A-9F9A-53A2FAE75236.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 238
  • 7C25D484-72AA-444F-A5F4-0DF889FB8FEA.jpeg
    7C25D484-72AA-444F-A5F4-0DF889FB8FEA.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 1D265342-F655-44F8-8F45-B49198BC90E7.jpeg
    1D265342-F655-44F8-8F45-B49198BC90E7.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 95C98160-846A-4107-882C-782A1DBC2C1F.jpeg
    95C98160-846A-4107-882C-782A1DBC2C1F.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 240

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to update everybody and to say stay away from accutane. It messed me up mentally and I feel it changed my hair in a permanent way after I stopped shedding and thinning from it and it took years.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I stopped obsessing at some point when my hair started to bounce back from accutane, it took about 3 years! I got Telogen effluvium and overall thinning/shedding and it made me very anxious and destroyed my self esteem as I didn’t know what was happening to my hair as it made it appear thin. What exactly is a Norwood 1.5?