How Would You Describe My State / What Can I Expect From Treatment (photos Included)

Ivey22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm a long time reader / first time poster.

My Situation
I'm 29 years old. I started thinning around 5 years ago from what used to be described as 'the thickest hair ever". In the past 2 years my thinning has gotten considerably worse all over, and my crown area is the most impacted. Please refer to the attached photos.

Treatment
I've been using 1mg Finasteride for the past 2.5 months and have been on 5% Minoxidil for around 1 month.

I've noticed some minor density on the centre of my scalp but nothing major since I've been on these treatments.

Expectations
I'm obviously trying to get as much of my hair back as possible but I would really appreciate some advice on how others view/describe my current state of loss and what others may do in my situation.

My intentions are to eventually go through an FUE procedure. I've done a lot of research on this and have been in touch with quite a few clinics to get an idea of what they may be able to offer me. I've been told from them that they could extract about 3500-4000 grafts to shape my hairline and recover the lost density at the top of the scalp and the crown.

I would also really appreciate whether people think this type of procedure would be viable for me based on what you see in the photos.

All feedback much appreciated.

Regards

Attachments

• Back.png
    Back.png
    611 KB · Views: 260
  • Back2.png
    Back2.png
    525.1 KB · Views: 258
  • Close up.png
    Close up.png
    983.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG-20180806-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20180806-WA0005.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 218
  • Side.png
    Side.png
    888.8 KB · Views: 245
  • Top.png
    Top.png
    1 MB · Views: 250

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride results are finite after approximately one year, ask me again at that time.

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Treatment might do you good, just have patience and dont rush into a transplant

Ivey22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Treatment might do you good, just have patience and dont rush into a transplant

Hi, Yes it isn't something I will be doing any time soon as such but long term it will be something I do intend to do. Cheers

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would get a better hair cut. Have the barber cut the sides but leave the top longer/just trim this area and use Toppik as it will totally cover the area. Barbers just cut short all around and tend not to try to make a balding scalp look better.

Minoxidil and Finasteride may help but they take a while and are more noticeable if you take constant pictures every month for instance.

Ivey22

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would get a better hair cut. Have the barber cut the sides but leave the top longer/just trim this area and use Toppik as it will totally cover the area. Barbers just cut short all around and tend not to try to make a balding scalp look better.

Minoxidil and Finasteride may help but they take a while and are more noticeable if you take constant pictures every month for instance.

Yes this is what I usually do, have a fade on the back and sides (1 into a 2) and leave the top for the most part.

I do use TOPPIK sometimes and have been for quite a while. They are indeed a great product as a short term solution. My only concern with hair fibers is that I personally feel they don't look very natural and under strong lighting / sunlight it becomes obvious. To my knowledge I apply them the correct way. I have toyed around with products such as MANE thickening spray and Dermatch - but I feel for these sorts of products you need way more coverage then I do, otherwise your essentially just painting your scalp. Again, I found these products (especially the sprays) to look often look unnatural for people with my length.

OfficialWater

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t get a hair transplant. If you’re still receding quickly despite using all the medication you might just be genetically fucked. Hold off for a transplant until Tsuji gets his stuff together lol

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel your pain man! Your hair is exactly like mine but I have already had a transplant. I would hold off for a year until you can stabilize your hairloss before doing anything. If you cant get it stabilized you will be wasting your money as the donor area is finite.

Ivey22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t get a hair transplant. If you’re still receding quickly despite using all the medication you might just be genetically fucked. Hold off for a transplant until Tsuji gets his stuff together lol

I definitely feel that my loss hasn't continued since being on the treatments I mentioned above. The hair transplant isn't something I'm intending on doing any time in the immediate future but perhaps next summer or something along those lines. I will have to see how these treatments go for alteast 7/8 months to see what impact they have (if any)

Ivey22

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel your pain man! Your hair is exactly like mine but I have already had a transplant. I would hold off for a year until you can stabilize your hairloss before doing anything. If you cant get it stabilized you will be wasting your money as the donor area is finite.

Really? When did you have the transplant? What treatments were you on prior to the transplant? I would greatly appreciate if you could share some before / after photos with me?

Regards