How would everyone describe my hairloss? *pics*

obstacle_1

Reaction score
All the terms and phrases on this site confuse me and I have no real idea how to explain my hair loss. Looking at these pics, what would you guys say about my hair in general and what I should do? All taken within the last year.....

(sorry for the dumb faces!)

corbykids.jpg

camilleandalan.jpg

absoluteugli.jpg

PICT0035.jpg
[/img]

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
u need to find some hotter girls to chill with.....

bout your hair...youve lost a good amount...but it is possible to have some regrowth if you get on the big 3, meaning:

Propecia/avodart
minoxidil
nizoral

its too bad you didnt start treatments earlier, b/c its much easier to maintain rather than to regrow....

Just surf these forums for awhile and youll learn a lot.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
are you sure you're gay? the girl in the second pic whose touching your arm looks drunk enough to take home, common you took her home, don't be shyster.

haha anyways, yeah you've lost quite a bit. i would also recommend starting the big 3 - here's a quick breakdown of what those are

Finasteride is an internal DHT blocker (taken in pill form) which helps prevent the advancement of male pattern baldness

Minoxidil (or, rogaine) is a topical that you apply twice a day to stimulate new hair growth.

Nizoral is an anti-dandruff shampoo that you should use a few times a week to improve scalp and hair quality. reduce irritation and what not.

i'd suggest using all 3 if you want to do anything about it. i would also suggest cutting your hair shorter but that's up to you, just think it would look better on you.

obstacle_1

Reaction score
Is my hairloss....like REALLY bad? Is there any point starting the big 3 or is there too much damage now?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well you look young to me, 18-21ish...so if i were you i would want to fight to keep my hair for as long as possible. but that's up to you.

you aren't beyond treatments especially since you have probably lost most of your hair in the past few years those hair follicles may be easily stimulated again.

it takes patience and time, and a little bit of money (20 - 40 bucks a month maybe). do lots of reading on this site it's very informative. go look at some of the success stories, there are some good recoveries in there!

Framer

Reaction score
Go figure, I have been trying to get a woman for 10 plus years now and spent lots of money on hair pieces and you have all these girls surrounding you and you tell us your gay. I can't win. Who is the brunette with the perty mouth in that first photo. She looks delicious. I would definately go out with her. Oh sorry. As far as your hair, yes your slowly balding like everyone else here but I am sure since your gay that it won't affect you as much as if you were straight. I am not gay but I would imagine gay men don't judge other gay men by their hair but maybe I am wrong. Could someone who's gay elaborate further on this if they would like. I would definately get on the big three ASAP as you do look young. Good luck!!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Man, I wish I was gay so I could get chicks :D

Obstacle your hairloss pattern is a slightly unusual one its not your typical Norwood scale loss (thinning behind the hairline) thats your main concern but you also have some recession in the temples and I'd bet some thinning on the crown too. I'd advise you to start treatments like the big 3 and cut your hair shorter although not neccesarily buzz it.

Framer, maybe you should switch to the other side for more success? :lol:

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
dietcola said:
are you sure you're gay? the girl in the second pic whose touching your arm looks drunk enough to take home, common you took her home, don't be shyster.

Yes, he took her and after that he decided to convert to gayism 8)

Dear obstacle_1 >

I think Toppik products would do wonders in your hair. Only visual of course, but that could be a good short-view solution.

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Buzz it down and start big 3. You'll look better with buzzed hair.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Apoc said:
Buzz it down and start big 3. You'll look better with buzzed hair.

I 2nd that. Buzzed hair would suit you and conceal the thinning, especially with your light blonde hair

Sean68

Reaction score
youve got shitty thin blonde hair like me so i do sympathise.in terms of topicals id definitely suggest minoxidil - go for spectral dnc or the foam or get both and see which you prefer. theres loads of stuff to thicken your
hair (shampoos etc) if you dont want to buzz it that will make the most of what you have. good luck.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's never too late. A lot of guys who were losing as much as you regrew tons of hair. Plus after two months the hair you have will look better, so you get a nice bump from that. But it will be 3-5 months before you see significant regrowth.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you were persistant.. the 'big 3' could do you the world of good.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Well i dont need hotter girls, because I am gay...but thanks for your input anyway

That made me laugh out loud. Was not expecting that response.

I think the brunette in the first pic looks hot.

Dude honestly I would say buzz your hair to a 1 or 2 and take propecia for abit then after a period decide whether or not to take minoxidil(I wont personally take this).
You look like youve got a good face for a buzz cut, so I wouldnt worry about it.

Dan_NW2

Reaction score
Yeah he could definitely pull it off with the buzz cut then go tanning or somethin. Man I am thinking of doing mine down to a 1 again.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
You got similar hair loss to me, and im 29, still aint bothered to start on treatments and its strange wish I had few years back when I had more hair and found this forum :(

Im still doing comb overs but it aint working so well especially in the hot and windy british weather we been having.

For me though id have to quit work, shave head start on the big 3s and do that for 6-12 months and then resume my life oh get a life....

;)

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think he could pull off the buzz cut the hairloss is very weird would look odd being so thin with as buzz cut,in some of the pictures I think he pretty much combs hair over the balding areas ,could this really help buzzing it? I agree shorter usually looks better,but thats usually for people whom are thinning all over but not like that .. he does have one good thing going he has blonde hair,blonde hair usually looks thicker,that being said what would his hair look like if he wasn't blonde? I think everyone is right he has progressed alot.. but he is very young and means hairloss can be halted and good candidate for regrowth too... I would get on the BIG 3 for you I suggest the foam and NOT the liquid... and TOPPIK is a MUST for you..it will make your hair look ALOT thicker.I'm glad you came here you're young the degree of hairloss is bad but can 100 % be helped... don't give up and accept the hairloss... give the big 3 at least a year you might be suprised how good you will look .. I would suggest maybe styling the hair a different way definitely shorter but not a buzz cut... maybe a shorter version of what you have ... and a good amount of TOPPIK as a concealer,and please don't think of it as makeup.. it's just like a woman wearing a bra to enhance what she has.. that's all toppik is! so shorter hair is a must .. and toppik and the "BIG 3"... again you're young .. and you have an excellent chance of getting a good amount back.

Best of luck,
Rich

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
The big 3 will work synergistically(sp) to help regrow your hair, because you are currently suffering (?) from diffuse hairloss which should be attributed to male pattern baldness. Finasteride, rogaine and nizoral will help to regrow (possibly) and then maintain for quite a while.

If you care at all about how you personally look then please adhere to the big 3. And as many will say, you must have patience with the treatment even when u think it's not working or even getting worse. I can't stress that part enough.