How Well Does Propecia Work For Young People With Really High Dht?

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I have really high dht. I'm only 22 and can grow a thick beard , really hair my chest, knuckles /hands and starting to get back hair. I have thinned so much in a year. Last year I had very thick nice hair. Now it is still not noticeable unless under very harsh light but it seems so aggressive. Is there anyway propecia will help with such high dht levels ?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
there is no correlation between propecia efficiency and dht level .
According to the rossi 10 year study, propecia worst responder are young people under 30 with early hair loss , Norwood 2-3 .
But you might be a good responder if you are lucky

g.i joey

Reaction score
I think I have really high dht. I'm only 22 and can grow a thick beard , really hair my chest, knuckles /hands and starting to get back hair. I have thinned so much in a year. Last year I had very thick nice hair. Now it is still not noticeable unless under very harsh light but it seems so aggressive. Is there anyway propecia will help with such high dht levels ?

It will def help with you dht levels, the question is will it help with your hairloss?

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting I thought dht less to body hair. Doesn't that explain why most bald men are hairy ?
My guess is that body hair "works" the same way as scalp hair when it comes to DHT. It's all about sensitivity in the hair follicles, you can have low levels of DHT and still go completely bald in a couple of years and the same goes for the hair on your body(the opposite ofc). Bald men probably have higher sensitivity to DHT than non-balding men. With that said I think it goes both ways. What I believe is that you can have "normal" sensitivity but really high DHT levels and the other way around.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Look I mean I dont see very many women with full beards, and mats of chest hair? Do you guys see a lot of them somewhere I just miss? To me its pretty clear that male hormones if not DHT then obviously testosterone alone plays a huge huge role in all body hair and probably a good role in male pattern baldness. So clearly male pattern baldness is almost purely hormonal maybe more testosterone then DHT since T is much more abundant in men.
Yes why is our hair sensitive to androgens? What triggers that sensitivity? Where is the research on sensitivity its the most important part and we have no idea still

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look I mean I dont see very many women with full beards, and mats of chest hair? Do you guys see a lot of them somewhere I just miss? To me its pretty clear that male hormones if not DHT then obviously testosterone alone plays a huge huge role in all body hair and probably a good role in male pattern baldness. So clearly male pattern baldness is almost purely hormonal maybe more testosterone then DHT since T is much more abundant in men.
Yes why is our hair sensitive to androgens? What triggers that sensitivity? Where is the research on sensitivity its the most important part and we have no idea still
If testostrone play a role in male pattern baldness and body hair no one would get benefits of using finasteride, because when DHT lower testosterone goes up, and when you take finasteride body hair fall out, head hair start to grow if you are a responder, Testosterone have nothing to do with hair in general.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
If testostrone play a role in male pattern baldness and body hair no one would get benefits of using finasteride, because when DHT lower testosterone goes up, and when you take finasteride body hair fall out, head hair start to grow if you are a responder, Testosterone have nothing to do with hair in general.

Finasteride raises total testosterone but lowers free testosterone. Free testosterone is the one that is active in the body. Basically, lowering free testosterone could possibly affect body hair/head hair as well.