How Uneven Is Your Loss, Thinning And Recession?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
2A0EA8CA-214E-4C32-A054-93C475AE0C46.jpeg
E5AB3101-D120-4A00-B7BD-BFE7B241F26B.jpeg
4B4E3BF2-9E68-4FDB-9C8F-53D0556054B3.jpeg
firslty yes we all know i’m a chick and I’m here posting in the male section but let’s face it, the female section gets no traffic, and besides this is a question for everyone.

I notice that my loss and recession overall is much worse on my left side. Eyelashes, eyebrows, hairline, nape - that whole entire side is just thinner and more advanced. Here’s and example of my nape recession on the left vs the right side. You can see that the left is quite a lot more receded.

My question is - who else finds that one side is way worse than the other? Do we know if there’s a reason for this?

UPDATE: I managed to find a really old photo of what my nape used to look like before hairloss as another reference for how far my nape (and whole hairline) has been screwed over

Last edited:

Thinlizzy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry. I should have took this seriously. To answer your original question. Yes your left side hair loss is pretty bad. Very bad. Have you seen a doctor about it? That bad it could be something worse than very common female pattern baldness. Best to get it checked out to be sure though. Hope that helps

anton7

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my case I have 2 swirls on my crown, left and right. The left swirl is wider and the hair right in the middle more miniaturised than the right side. Also my front left temple started to slightly thin a few months ago. Have stopped its progress for now but keeping an eye on it. Right temple however is solid.
Now is that due to less blood flow to the left side of the scalp, more pressure (tighter scalp skin) on that side creating hypoxia and more androgen sensitivity? Not sure, but I have noticed the same.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my case I have 2 swirls on my crown, left and right. The left swirl is wider and the hair right in the middle more miniaturised than the right side. Also my front left temple started to slightly thin a few months ago. Have stopped its progress for now but keeping an eye on it. Right temple however is solid.
Now is that due to less blood flow to the left side of the scalp, more pressure (tighter scalp skin) on that side creating hypoxia and more androgen sensitivity? Not sure, but I have noticed the same.
I have heard theories about less neurovascular activity on the left side leading to less blood supply but that’s all speculation. For me my left temple has always been way way worse. Everything on that side is worse.

anton7

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haven't come across the neurovascular info. I remember reading something about tight scalps and surgery done just above the ear lobe to ease the pressure. Wouldn't do that as it sounds too drastic, plus from memory the results were not that good.

However there could be some meat to that theory as scalp massage for some people has gotten them results. I tried it for a couple of weeks and started shedding a bit so I stopped. Could have been a positive sign though, who knows. I've posted previously a Japanese study with mechanical massage which increased the thickness of hair. That will be easier on the fingers too.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have heard theories about less neurovascular activity on the left side leading to less blood supply but that’s all speculation. For me my left temple has always been way way worse. Everything on that side is worse.
For me, the right side is worse for everything:
- a more receded temple
- slightly shorter leg (and knee pain as a consequence)
- worse sight
- worse shaped toenails

I also think it ties in with circulation.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me, the right side is worse for everything:
- a more receded temple
- slightly shorter leg (and knee pain as a consequence)
- worse sight
- worse shaped toenails

I also think it ties in with circulation.
We do tend to be lop sided beings. What’s weird if that I write left handed but will do everything else right handed. My left foot is also smaller, left breast is smaller, and of course the hair stuff. Crazy.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
We do tend to be lop sided beings. What’s weird if that I write left handed but will do everything else right handed. My left foot is also smaller, left breast is smaller, and of course the hair stuff. Crazy.
And, unfortunately, these asymmetric characteristics take a toll on your attractiveness. A very observant friend of mine once noticed my smile has the right part slightly less open than the left. I myself find my right ear more weird than the left.
https://www.drgreene.com/qa-articles/hemihypertrophy-hemihyperplasia/

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's way worse on the right side then the left, though I think you've seen this in my pictures. I've often thought that perhaps I am a chimera--the left side of my body seems to have features more consistent with my mom's side of the family, the right with my dad. My right sinuses are much worse than my left, like my dad, the right is balding worse like my bald dad, my left is stronger on almost every weight bearing exercise like my 6'3 greek bodybuilder grandfather (despite the fact that I am right-handed) and my left eye is weaker than my right, taking after my mother's awful myopia. Might just be in my head, but it seems like a lot of coincidences.