How to use nizoral shampoo?

Hairwatcher

Reaction score
Hi, I'm getting back into trying to treat my hairloss after it seemed to go dormant for a few years. I must be around a nw2 and the hair on my left temple has started to recede/thin again.

I'm 'investigating' going on finasteride (did it before a few years ago) but have also just bought some nizoral shampoo. How much should I use at a time and how often during the week?

Thanks

g.i joey

Reaction score
Hi, I'm getting back into trying to treat my hairloss after it seemed to go dormant for a few years. I must be around a nw2 and the hair on my left temple has started to recede/thin again.

I'm 'investigating' going on finasteride (did it before a few years ago) but have also just bought some nizoral shampoo. How much should I use at a time and how often during the week?

Thanks

pour about the size of an american quarter into your palm and thoroughly rub it on your scalp.. make sure it is making contact with the scalp... if you're using 2% i suggest twice a week, if it makes your hair look thin opt for once a week, if you're using 1% some people say use it everyday... personally i use 2% once every 2 weeks.. dont expect miracles but it does leave your hair looking healthier, but if you use it too often it it leaves it looking thinner than ever.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
You'll need an eye dropper, a milligram scale, a chemists tube and a microscope before reading the instructions on how to use shampoo.

Hairwatcher

Reaction score
pour about the size of an american quarter into your palm and thoroughly rub it on your scalp.. make sure it is making contact with the scalp... if you're using 2% i suggest twice a week, if it makes your hair look thin opt for once a week, if you're using 1% some people say use it everyday... personally i use 2% once every 2 weeks.. dont expect miracles but it does leave your hair looking healthier, but if you use it too often it it leaves it looking thinner than ever.

Hi :) is a quarter about the same size as a British penny? The other thing, would it be worth letting it sit in contact with your scalp for a few minutes before rinsing it off? I'm wondering would this lead to more absorption or something. And if you did let remain in contact with your scalp for a few minutes before rinsing could regular shampoo be used afterwards without canceling out Nizoral's effect?

@hellouser ;) very good