How to travel while on the BIG 3. Some advice?

DrDog

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm about three months into the big 3 and its going well. There is some regrowth, although minimal, but most importantly is that the shedding has largely stopped (instead of 100 hairs in the shower its now like 5-10).

My question for everyone is, how does traveling internationally work while using the big 3? I'm 21yrs old and will be traveling to Berlin for 10 weeks this summer, and I may want to backpack around a little bit in Europe. Is this even possible while on these products? Is there so much of a committement to this that I will be limited on what I want to do traveling wise. Here are my questions:

1. Is there any problem putting 3 months worth of liquid minoxidil, broken 5mg proscar, and a bottle of nizoral in my check on bag?
2. In your own belief, is it possible to travel while continuing my regime?
3. What should I be worried about and what shouldn't I worry about?

thank you,
A concerned 21 year old college student.

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
1: yes, check-in bag, not handluggage. Don't break the pills before you leave. It's not illegal to have unbroken finasteride in your bag.
2: sure. The only problem is liquid minoxidil if you don't have much privacy. That's why I always bring foam when I travel.
3: I mean it takes 10min of your day, and missing a few applications here and there does not mean too much. But better without of course.

EricGerard

Reaction score
1. Man, I travelled all over Europe with a bunch of pre-cut finasteride + liquid minoxidil in my hand luggage and it never caused a problem. There was no way I was risking it getting lost with my checked baggage.. being without hair treatments for that long would have meant the end of my hair forever. Not worth the risk. I cut up my finasteride and put it in a prescription pill bottle. No airport is going to take away your prescriptions... how unethical is that?
2. Using liquid minoxidil was a total pain, but I managed to get my 1 nightly application in most nights. But it was quick and dirty. Basically just slopped on in a hurry.
3. That's about it.