how to save money on propecia?.....

Jm0311

Reaction score
just had a question...if i want to save money on propecia.

can i just take 1 tablet every couple days? or cut the pill and take less amount every day? thanks!!!!!!

still weary about generics and the ability to get legit products

there are soooo many. finpecia/Proscar/Fincar.....WTF? what is the most popular? and reliable

G

1 tablet every couple days is $350 a year, at 0.5 mg per day, assuming real Merck Propecia.

1.25 mg of Merck Proscar finasteride per day is about $270 a year. There is a generic out IN US PHARMACIES now. I believe it is a Dr Reddy's one. It is the real stuff. it will run you maybe $240 a year. Just get a script from your Doctor for Proscar instead. It's 5 mg tablets of finasteride and you cut it into fourths or fifths(your choice) with a pill cutter, so you're taking either 1.25 mg or 1 mg of finasteride a day. it doesn't really matter which you choose but some people find it difficult to cut the tablets into fifths.

Jm0311

Reaction score
thanks. i really wanna get on something now! lol im not that bad but im thinking ahead.
i just dont know about messing with my hormones.....hmmm
damn people on here the 2 percent with the crazy sides fucks us all

G

usmcmarine083,

If you're aim is to save money then definitely reduce your dosage and/or take it every other day (EOD).

I was pretty set against going on finasteride but the next to nothing costs and efficacy of a low dosage finasteride regimen changed my mind.

I'm using Dr. Reddy's generic Finax by the way which I bought from United Pharmacies.

G

Fincar is good but it's 5mg so you'll have to cut it into 5 pieces to get it down to 1mg. If you wanted to do a low dosage of finasteride it will be very difficult cutting those fifths in half. Has anyone tried this with a razor blade/exacto knife?

Jm0311

Reaction score
whats a good low dose of finasteride? i think you were talking about dr reddys stuff. but im not too sure about that stuff....
what about Finpecia from hairlosstalk.com isnt that stuff totally legit?

G

usmcmarine083 said:
whats a good low dose of finasteride? i think you were talking about dr reddys stuff. but im not too sure about that stuff....
what about Finpecia from hairlosstalk.com isnt that stuff totally legit?

0.25mg is up to 90% as effective as 1mg so this is probably the best "low dose" of finasteride to take. It's also not very easy to cut the pill any smaller than this though I did my best to get that down to 0.125mg for the first week I was taking this stuff.

Read that other message I sent you about the Dr. Reddy's vs. Cipla. They're both renowned Indian generic pharmaceutical companies. You're more likely to get a fake merck drug if you buy online with a prescription.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I was gonna buy generic from canada and then take .25mg a day since .25 supposedly is 90 percent as effective as 1mg. 7 dollars a month.