How to remove glue from under lace system during hairline maintenance?

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the multiple posts, beginner here facing my first hurdle

I have dabbed Isopropyl alcohol with a q tip to remove the front side of my hair system, and have used the same alcohol with cotton pads to clean up the scalp

I have a bunch of dry glue under the hair system which is lace, do I just gently peel off as much glue with my fingers as possible? Or can I dab alcohol to separate it here as well. I still have half the system on my head so I am not sure how to go about this as it's not a full cleaning. Just want to remove the gunk from the lace system for better bond before applying the max hold sport and ghost bond platinum.

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry but to be clear - you've cleaned the debris off your forehead, but have gunk on the bottomside of the lace?

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry but to be clear - you've cleaned the debris off your forehead, but have gunk on the bottomside of the lace?

Yes, I have cleaned my forehead with 99% alcohol, now with the system folded back on my scalp theres a bunch of glue to clean under the lace system itself. Not sure if I can use alcohol there as well or if that damages it and there is a safer way.

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the same issue, with bond on the base. I get this when I wait too long to do maintenance, and the bond is breaking down.

When this happens, I spay 995 alcohol the bottom of the base - let it sit for about :30 seconds, the nose a cotton ball and rub it downward. It will kind of roll up - and then I can either pull it off with my fingers or tweezers. Your almost always going to have some residual - and when that happens, with a cotton ball , I just rub both sides together, then just rub it upwards to the hair line then just pull it off. It sounds more intensive than it is - and I can do this in just a matter of a couple minutes. if I wait too long and the bond breaks down, then it takes much longhand you run the risk of the broken down bond seeping up and gunking up your hair. So make sure you are proactive. If your just sitting around and you think, I have a few minutes to spare, maybe I should clean up my hairline - I recommend you just get up and do it.

Milo Bloom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your best bet is to use a fabric sprayer filled with 99% alcohol. There are YouTube videos demonstrating the technique.

Couperin111

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I do is spray a bit of C22 on the lace and use a mirror to gentle remove the glue. Works every time but be sure to pull back the hair to avoid any messy situations