How To Reduce Sides? Heart Pain, Insomnia, Nausea

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there!

I tried to use Minoxidil liquid Alopexy 5% in two time frames and got the same sides:

First time 5% Alopexy liquid 1ml once a day for 6 weeks last december: Got a terrible insomnia always waking up after 4 hours of sleep

Second time for 8 weeks until now: Again the same insomnia, chest pain, being tired the whole day directly after the application and hearing my pulse in the right ear

The problem is that both times I had a significant improvement in my hair after a little shedding! And I can't tolerate the smallest dose of oral Finasteride (even tried 0.25% topical finasteride from Farmacia Parati once a week and get erectile dysfunction)

It can not be the Nocebo effect because I did not read about the Minoxidil side effects until I got them

I went to the hospital where they measured my blood pressure, made a electrocardiogram and
echocardiography and told me my heart was in good condition and that they don't believe it's the minoxidil but still recommended to not use Minoxidil to see if the sides go away. When I measured my blood pressure at night (after waking up) the diastolic was low around 50 and the systolic normal (around 120)

I tried:
5% Alopexy Liquid 1ml once daily
5% Alopexy Liquid 0,5ml every other day
2,5% Alopexy Liquid (jusy added isopropanol) with less than 0.5ml every other day

But still got the same sides.

What can I do to reduce the side effects? Maybe try Foligain 2% Foam?
Mix a 1% Minoxidil?

I am already going to the gym 3 times a day. Should I maybe add some cardio?

I have no other options!! (RU is too risky for me)

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there!

I tried to use Minoxidil liquid Alopexy 5% in two time frames and got the same sides:

First time 5% Alopexy liquid 1ml once a day for 6 weeks last december: Got a terrible insomnia always waking up after 4 hours of sleep

Second time for 8 weeks until now: Again the same insomnia, chest pain, being tired the whole day directly after the application and hearing my pulse in the right ear

The problem is that both times I had a significant improvement in my hair after a little shedding! And I can't tolerate the smallest dose of oral Finasteride (even tried 0.25% topical finasteride from Farmacia Parati once a week and get erectile dysfunction)

It can not be the Nocebo effect because I did not read about the Minoxidil side effects until I got them

I went to the hospital where they measured my blood pressure, made a electrocardiogram and
echocardiography and told me my heart was in good condition and that they don't believe it's the minoxidil but still recommended to not use Minoxidil to see if the sides go away. When I measured my blood pressure at night (after waking up) the diastolic was low around 50 and the systolic normal (around 120)

I tried:
5% Alopexy Liquid 1ml once daily
5% Alopexy Liquid 0,5ml every other day
2,5% Alopexy Liquid (jusy added isopropanol) with less than 0.5ml every other day

But still got the same sides.

What can I do to reduce the side effects? Maybe try Foligain 2% Foam?
Mix a 1% Minoxidil?

I am already going to the gym 3 times a day. Should I maybe add some cardio?

I have no other options!! (RU is too risky for me)
You're likely experiencing systemic exposure side effects of minoxidil. I had the heart pain and also heart palpitations when I started using oral minoxidil. or increased my topical dose to 2-3 mL / day. I had an EKG and all that sh*t too. No problems found. You can try a minoxidil foam that doesn't contain propylene glycol...However, switching to the foam may have been what set off my hair loss problem about a year ago. Still, the foam is effective for many people.

Also, the heart and blood pressure side effects took about 2 weeks to go away after stopping oral minoxidil. Maybe try using just one mL of the liquid for a couple weeks and reassess.