How to reduce shedding in diffuse thinners? Transplant viable?

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My diffuse thinning continues to progress. I'm trying to slow it down-- but to no avail. What is transplanting for diffuse thinners like? Is that a viable option?

jazz1

Reaction score
You using any medication?

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're already on big3, you can try topical melatonin, Topical l carnitine l tartrate, topical setipiprant or OC000459

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride, oral min, ru58841
I don't recommend transplants for anyone with diffuse thinning unless we are talking just on the hairline. It is my belief that diffuse thinners have far better regrowth/thickening prospects than those with traditional Norwood patterns. I will say that there are some extremely puzzling and difficult cases on here so maybe self-selection is the issue.

I am thinking about trying to implement an HRT support group for MtF's and XY's. It would require assumption of risk waivers but people could contact me or we could use zoom or a chat room pretty much about anything. I guess this HRT thing is harder for people to implement that I thought. Honestly, my idea is to essentially have everyone use one of Bridge's protocols, more or less, with no substitutions in terms of meds or dosages except for titration. It would be a rule of thumb to enter that the person has a shed plan in place should that happen. There would be hopefully less fear and backing out that way.

Last edited: