How To Make Topical Dutasteride Or Finasteride At Home?

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to try the topical dutasteride or finasteride but I come from China, I can not get them in my country. How could I make them at home?

jazz1

Reaction score
I would avoid using pills as they contain fillers, so mixing pills in minoxidil would only add fillers.

You need to obtain raw powder finesteride, alternatively I use company called Murray Avenue Apothecary they formulate topical finesteride.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dutasteride i dont know, but finasteride its easy since its freely soluble in alcohol..

just dissolve the pill in some pure alcohol (96%) and with a syringue you can measure how much put on your scalp..

Reaction score
I use crushed Proscar pills, Minoxidil 5% and vodka to make my own topical solution. Minoxidil is meant to be absorbed by the scalp and in my experience it does a good job as a carrier solution for the Finasteride. I use some Vodka to reduce the strength of the Minoxidil to about 3,75%.
5% is just too strong for me as it gives me heart palpitations and dark circles under my eyes. With the with vodka diluted solution I am sides free, yet it seems to be doing a good job in maintaining my hair.