How to make the switch from dutasteride back to finasteride?

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using dutasteride for the last 6½ years, and now I've decided to switch back to finasteride, which I used for around nine months before dutasteride. How should I make the switch? Considering that dutasteride has a half-life of five weeks, should I take a gap of a few weeks between stopping dutasteride and starting finasteride? A study showed that after discontinuation of dutasteride, it took around sixteen weeks for DHT levels to return close to baseline levels. DHT levels took around ten weeks to go down to levels equivalent to those of someone on finasteride. Considering this, I'm thinking of taking a gap of ten weeks, which would allow my DHT to reduce to the level it would be on finasteride, and then I can start finasteride at that point. Would this be a good idea, or should I start finasteride sooner than this just in case my DHT levels could end up dropping too low? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

byngyt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm currently in the same situation - I would like to switch back to finasteride. What was your final decision about it? Did you make the switch? How did it look?
Thanks in advance :)

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats the reason for the switch? I cant tolerate finasteride so im stuck taking dutasteride. Finasteride is the Devils drug. And should be banned.

Last edited:

byngyt

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Derelict
What was your experience?

@losingbattle88
I had been taking finasteride for 2 years and it successfully maintained my hairloss. I wanted some regrowth so decided to switch to dutasteride. Unfortunantely, it made my skin and hair much oilier, induced uncomfortable nipples sensation and caused constant hair shedding.