How To Make The Hairline Skin More Undetectable/less Shiny?

evasive

Reaction score
Under very bright lighting, I can see the "skin" material from the base. It shines under bright lighting, which creates a straight-lined border between my forehead skin and the system skin. If it was less shiny, it would be way more undetectable..

To compensate, I brush my hair forward and style it back with pomade, which keeps the hairline in the shade.

Is there a way to reduce the shininess of it in bright lights? My stylist said to use Mascara and Vaseline, but I tried it, and its still shiny. Toppik didnt seem to help much either.

Let me know if you guys have any solutions for this, since this is a worry in the back of my head sometimes, and I try to avoid standing under very very bright lights.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Evasive. I don't wear skin bases myself, but a tip was given to me for suppressing the shine on tape at the hairline, which might also work for the base itself. It is to get a matte hairgel and dab it on the hair at the hairline and the front centimetre or so. When it dries it will have that matte finish. It does work for tape. Worth a try perhaps? Make sure it is a gel without alcohol.

I think it doesn't really matter if the base shines a bit - that just looks like you have a squeaky clean scalp - the thing you need to avoid is the hard shiny line at the edge of the base which gives away the fact that there is a plastic membrane there distinct from your skin. So if you can get rid of the shine at the front, that should solve the problem.

evasive

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Just ordered 3 different products from Amazon (some mattifying powder, some volumizing texturizing powder, & AXE Hair paste for matte look), will report back if any of them work.