How to know if you are going to be bald(Head and face shapes that cause hair loss)

Do you believe that ceratain types of head shapes cause hair loss

• Yes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie I am still not certain why it;s uncommon for men diffuse with an intact hairline and most men that have Norwood 1 or 1.5 their hairline stays intact no matter how poor the facial structure is. I have two hypotheses.

Those are atypical cases where the frontal sutures of the scull has fused correctly but the rest hasn't and that makes the tension more evenly distributed at the front and that's why the galea is in tension but the hairline stays intact.

They have more moderate galea but they have another problem besides the craniofacial development that restricts the blood supply to the galea and its is so inadequatly supplied with blood and nutrients that tissues overtime become damaged despite the fact that they have less chronic tension than people that have bad galeas.

For examples look at this man's ridges on his galea are distributed.

vlcsnap-2018-11-07-18h49m14s927-326321-810x0-1.png

Or this man's ridges.
776553.jpg

745-425-uti-bychvarov.jpg

960-540-uti-bychvarov.jpg

What I notice in the second man is that his sidebones of the scull are pushed back as in the rest of balding men but the hairline doesn't recede.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie I think that Jaw development is the most important thing in hair loss. That's why Tommy Lee Jones is losing his hair.

View attachment 183761

You can spot a deformity on his cheeks which is an indicator for an impoper mandibular development.
View attachment 183762

He has good cheekbones but the growth of his jaw amd mandibula Isn't symmetrical to his cheebones. That's why he's balding.
i do notice in my case my jaw and cheekbones have changed till i can feel the teeth ( upper and ower rows) are no more in alignment as it was before in my teens or 20s. But i have not gone completely bald despite suffering form very slow male pattern baldness for last 23 years there aslo been changes happning to skull shape in ym teens and early 20s

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i do notice in my case my jaw and cheekbones have changed till i can feel the teeth ( upper and ower rows) are no more in alignment as it was before in my teens or 20s. But i have not gone completely bald despite suffering form very slow male pattern baldness for last 23 years there aslo been changes happning to skull shape in ym teens and early 20s
worth you giving mewing a shot. It helps realign the jaw/teeth, and supposedly has helped people fight hairloss due to scalp tension (by reducing it) and vaguely related to what's being preached in this thread. Might do nothing but worth a try.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
worth you giving mewing a shot. It helps realign the jaw/teeth, and supposedly has helped people fight hairloss due to scalp tension (by reducing it) and vaguely related to what's being preached in this thread. Might do nothing but worth a try.
Tinnitus or ear problems are possibly related to the jaw bones too

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie For men with poor facial structure that have Norwood 1 with some recession of the hairline the first example that comes to my mind is Angel Di Maria
871.png

Mesut Ozil also has an odd face shape.

35_a9203a5b-5ce5-4854-a679-c36f3b246b1d-superJumbo.jpg

Toto Cutugno is also a good example

0010_191822_3301306_alta.jpg

Casey Niestat aslo has pretty poor facial structure.

2016-streamy-awards-at-the-beverly-hilton-hotel-on.jpg

ScreenShot20180125at12.09.08PM.jpg

What I notice about him is that his sidebones aren't pushed aside as in balding men. Look!

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie I was right about this man. He is a Norwood 1.5 and probably has a very good galea. He has pretty poor facial structure that is more typical for a bald man.

BIG1613140022dOBRIN%20vEKILOV%20DONI.jpg

At this lenght it looks like he has barely any ridges on the galea. The sidebones aren't pushed back aswell.

Balding men have far more and more prominent ridges on the galea.

7e35b998d31d8bfb1c92daccfcead4d7.jpg

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie There indeed might be differences in the prelevance of baldness between populations. For example I checked the argentintian squad of 1974

EpGnx2uXcAAKYEX.jpg

And most of them didn't go bald or start balding. Only handful of them. Out of 22 people.

Here the only ones that are balding:

MQIRMJIXNJCTRMKJ5JH2ONMVMM.jpg

I3YTFQCK65AJDJD6BAVJD42QGA.jfif

nota_9f7de496de26782c1373299540bfee5b.jpg

c_ohc=235cpDlwOA8AX_bFg_H&_nc_ht=scontent.fsof10-1.jpg

perfumo.jpg

Poy-1024x768.png

Foto-Enrique-Wolff.jpg

The rest have lived to middle and old age with full heads of hair.

Meanwhile in the squad of England of 1982(England did not play in 1974) it's the way opposite.
JS29625188.jpg

If you check you will find out that most of the plaayers are balding. Here are the only ones that are Not balding:

Sir_Trevor_Brooking_in_2014.jpg

tMjM2ZWE0MmVhZjhlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTAyMDgxODQ@._V1_.jpg

thumb_125523_default_news_size_5.jpg

Plymouth-Argyle-v-Rochdale-Plymouth-UK-23-Feb-2019.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000583221282-1-e1590365759407.jpg

Tony-Woodcock.jpg

0_PeterWithe.jpg

I don't think that it's a coincidence. Britons are know to have one of largest prelevances of balding men.

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea that's true... I hope that I will retain my hair anyway. I am trying different Male hair loss supplements and other stuff, for example. What do you think about it? I would like to get any thoughts on this matter and maybe your experience with it too, good luck :)

Last edited:

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie Don Mossi Actually had hair

2CZJSFMUUZPEPCMIHCBOFBNW2I.jpg

I was almost sure that he was bald under that hat.

0-a7ff96d3729a-tdndc5-5uzh1iu0wdxj68zohuf_original.jpg

Look how poor his facial structure is.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• david-beckham-bald-update-01.jpg
    david-beckham-bald-update-01.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 97
  • beckham se queda calvo mayo 2007.jpg
    beckham se queda calvo mayo 2007.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 99

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie I don't think that non balding men have to buzz their hair to proove that they have good galea. You can notice through their hair that it's not the same as in balding men. Look at the box outline of the head that they have

boo-9177_1.jpg

nikos_kourkoulis_1582897323_greece_top_100_89.jpg

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie I read this article and now I am formimg a new theory and I am starting to think that expanded galea with ridges might be a consequence and not cause of mechanical tension. The neurocranium might expand to protect the brain from the mechanical forces coming from the surrounding muscles. That's why is uncommon to see people with full heads of hair with poor facial structure. If you think you will realize that we never see people that have perfectly horizontal faces with recession of the hairline. They always appear to have perfect hairline and if they buzz their hair the galea looks smooth.

800px-Rob_Lowe_2012_Shankbone_2.jpg

2611557.png

olivier-giroud-france-MTAT1F.jpg

If this is true this would change the whole hypothesis of mine.

All the images of people I provided that have decent bone structure and have recession doesn't have such perfectly grown faces.

16662224157675.jpg

Image_5800009_128_0.jpg
BMTUxMzU2MTk1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzg4NjAwMzI@._V1_.jpg

I mean that those people will likely stay like this and not develop further hair loss but they still have some because they have facial assymmetries.

People with poor facial structure that still have their hair might do so because they have developped good posture habbits during childhood for some reason. That's maybe why it's more common in athletes to have hair despite having poor facial structure typical for a bald man. I am still unsure if that's the case but it's possible that that might be the case actually.

Last edited:

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie Soon I am going to post a new thread about the new theory. Get ready to turn your notifications for it.

Evidence of it would be Patrick Stewart.

900c32cdcb9f94c970e32323b70d3dd6.jpg

His neurocranium has expanded significantly through thw years and If you edit one of his pics from his later years back to Norwood 1 it would not look the same as when he was a teenager.
young-patrick-stewart-with-hair.jpg

JFeels

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie Soon I am going to post a new thread about the new theory. Get ready to turn your notifications for it.

Evidence of it would be Patrick Stewart.

View attachment 184512
His neurocranium has expanded significantly through thw years and If you edit one of his pics from his later years back to Norwood 1 it would not look the same as when he was a teenager.
View attachment 184513
The first pic you included in this post is not actually Patrick Stewart in case you didn't realise: